Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 2:56 PM
Default why is Mr Game and Watch part of my family? (Completely dark sim in my family)
My last game got corrupted to death. Couldn't even replace it with a backup so I got lucky and had all of my families in my bin, all female only families. Why? They're based off MLP G4 characters with clothes based on their personality so I decided to make my own personal world until it is corrupt free only focusing on encounters, off road maps and rebuilding Sunset Valley after the Apocalypse with your CC lots. I just took one of my families and putted them in. When I was finished adding every one in all of the houses, I looked into every one of them and all of the sudden, Mr. Game and Watch killed off someone and moved himself in a house... (Thank god it's just some random Pegasus OC I based it on or else I would be very heartbroken.)

Why is she completely dark? I don't know... She wasn't a huge glitch when I last brought her in. For my safety I have removed them off of the house remaining in the bin. I'm not gonna get any BSODs. (I heard you can get BSODs from playing Sims 3.)

This is Mr. Game and Watch. The guy that I compared to the dark woman in the picture.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:17 PM
I don't know why your sim is black. BSODs are generally caused by long play sessions on inadequate computers, though, so at least you needn't worry about your black sim specifically causing a BSOD.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I don't know why your sim is black. BSODs are generally caused by long play sessions on inadequate computers, though, so at least you needn't worry about your black sim specifically causing a BSOD.

Apparently the Sim was a humanoid Mr. Game and Watch before I even created the map without me noticing. That Sim caused my game to corrupt. The OC was so forgettable anyways. So, I am just gonna leave the families alone.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:38 PM
Is it possible that the OC was made with custom stuff that you deleted by now?

C-A
Inventor
#5 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:39 PM
Maybe you're missing some cc that you used to create that sim..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Is it possible that the OC was made with custom stuff that you deleted by now?

C-A

I didn't delete any CC since a week ago.
The sim was under a week old.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 4:14 PM
Okay, so from this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/447898.page

"Black sims mean they lost their skin and therefor part of their genetics. Take them back to CAS, you may lose lifetime reward points and/or have the age reset, but you will be able to get skin on them again and at least save the sim."

So try and take her back to CAS, I guess.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
Okay, so from this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/447898.page

"Black sims mean they lost their skin and therefor part of their genetics. Take them back to CAS, you may lose lifetime reward points and/or have the age reset, but you will be able to get skin on them again and at least save the sim."

So try and take her back to CAS, I guess.

I only use EA made skins.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by memy9909
I only use EA made skins.

So did the OP of that thread.