Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 10:18 AM
Default About smoking and weed mods.
Hello everybody, do you know if is possible to modify or create a new plant and after make the possibilitie of "make" a "Joint" from it? Or in other way, simply buy tobacco like the mod of Sims 3... Thanks for everyone!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:42 PM
That would most likely be mostly a scripting/tuning thing, so I’m moving this to Modding Discussion (where all the coding stuff goes). Maybe start with modifying some of the in-game plants, try to edit one into a custom one, and take it from there? From what I’ve seen custom plants don’t seem overly difficult (at least not as long as you’re OK with using an existing harvest prop for it, until there are tools for custom meshes).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That would most likely be mostly a scripting/tuning thing, so I’m moving this to Modding Discussion (where all the coding stuff goes). Maybe start with modifying some of the in-game plants, try to edit one into a custom one, and take it from there? From what I’ve seen custom plants don’t seem overly difficult (at least not as long as you’re OK with using an existing harvest prop for it, until there are tools for custom meshes).

Hello, and thank you for answering. I do not have much idea about modding, and also my s4pe does not work (not fixable Error reading resource ).

I wonder if there is any way to modify any original plant , and especially how to get my " sim" can smoke in some way...
I hope someone can help me out . Thank you very much , see you soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:27 PM
I apologize , I was able to fix the error , it was just that it had not unpacked it with " 7-zip "... Can you tell me where are the plants package? Thank you so much!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:29 PM
About your s4pe not working, can you make a new thread in Tools please? -- well that was a quick fix.

To get started with getting into XML tuning you can read this, and of course the Maxis CC guide (see sticky). There is also a nice “scripting for beginners” walkthrough in Tutorials.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:53 PM
Thank you ! I will have a great read.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:15 AM
I'm trying to find the .package that includes the plants and i'ts impossible
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:13 PM
How are you searching for it?

I recommend a text search over your XML folder (what you extracted with velocity's tool), e.g. for "plant". Same for the tdesc folder (what you downloaded from Maxis).

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:58 PM
I found this in Puddle.tdesc:

Quote:
<TunableTuple name="evaporation_outcome" class="TunableTuple" display="Evaporation Outcome" filter="0" group="Puddles">
<Tunable name="nothing" class="TunableRange" type="int" default="5" display="Nothing" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="1" max="None" description="Relative chance of nothing." />
<Tunable name="plant" class="TunableRange" type="int" default="1" display="Plant" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="0" max="None" description="Relative chance of plant." />
<Tunable name="weeds" class="TunableRange" type="int" default="2" display="Weeds" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="0" max="None" description="Relative chance of weeds." />

And this 2 in the ScriptObject.tdesc:

Quote:
<TunableVariant name="gardening_component" class="TunableGardeningComponent" type="None" default="disabled" display="Gardening Component" filter="0" group="General">
<TunableTuple name="fruit_component" class="TunableGardeningFruitComponent" display="Fruit Component" filter="0" group="General" description="Objects with a GardeningFruitComponent are fruits, flowers, and seeds that&#xA;can germinate and become plants that will produce more of themselves.">

Quote:
</TunableList>
<Tunable name="base_weight" class="Tunable" type="float" default="100" display="Base Weight" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" description="The base weight of a fruit if its size gene's value is 1. The value of&#xA;that gene is controlled by the range of the SCALE_COMMODITY." />
<Tunable name="fruit_name" class="TunableLocalizedString" type="int" default="0x0" display="Fruit Name" filter="0" group="General" description="Fruit name that will be used on the spliced plant description." />
<Tunable name="plant" class="TunableReference" type="object" display="Plant" filter="0" group="General" description="The plant that this fruit will grow into if planted or if it&#xA;spontaneously germinates." />
<Tunable name="spawn_slot" class="TunableReference" type="slot_type" display="Spawn Slot" filter="0" group="General" restrict="SlotType" />
<TunableVariant name="fruit_fall_behavior" class="OptionalTunable" type="None" default="fruit_does_not_fall" display="Fruit Fall Behavior" filter="0" group="General" description="Controls automatic fruit-fall behavior.">
<TunableTuple name="fruit_falls_to_ground" class="TunableTuple" display="Fruit Falls To Ground" filter="0" group="General">
<TunableTuple name="search_radius" class="TunableInterval" display="Search Radius" filter="0" group="General" description="A tunable interval between lower_bound and upper_bound.">
<Tunable name="lower_bound" class="TunableRange" type="float" default="0.5" display="Lower Bound" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="None" max="None" description="The lower bound of the interval." />
<Tunable name="upper_bound" class="TunableRange" type="float" default="3" display="Upper Bound" filter="0" group="General" tuning_state="NeedsTuning" min="None" max="None" description="The upper bound of the interval." />
</TunableTuple>
<Tunable name="fall_at_state_value" class="TunableReference" type="object_state" display="Fall At State Value" filter="0" group="General" restrict="ObjectStateValue" />
</TunableTuple>
<Tunable name="fruit_does_not_fall" class="TunableExistance" display="Fruit Does Not Fall" />
</TunableVariant>

And now... what?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:00 PM
Ând this! In ScriptObjects.tdesc

Quote:
</TunableTuple>
<TunableTuple name="plant_component" class="TunableGardeningPlantComponent" display="Plant Component" filter="0" group="General" description="Objects with a GardeningPlantComponent are fruit-bearing plants.">
<TunableList name="states_that_support_fruit" class="TunableSet" display="States That Support Fruit" filter="0" group="General" unique_entries="true" description="Any time the plant goes from a state in this list to one that is not,&#xA;all fruit currently on the plant will be destroyed.">
<Tunable class="TunableReference" type="object_state" filter="0" group="General" restrict="ObjectStateValue" />
</TunableList>
</TunableTuple>
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:10 PM
You have extracted the XML files with the velocitygrass Extractor? Look in the folder called 'object'. Scroll down to objectGardeningPlant; these are the plants files. There are also other gardening and plants files spread around other places, maybe in the folders 'object-state' or 'interaction' or 'buff' maybe. Things in this game are split up into smaller Xml files and spread out all over the place.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/