Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 1:29 AM
Default Fix for Marriage Proposal problem
I'm tired of waiting for the devs to fix this bug. They probably won't ever fix it. But if you experience the problem of not being able to propose, elope, or plan a wedding because you receive a msg box stating that 'marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate', than this mod is for you.

However, it will probably allow marrying a sim in your employ, while it fixes the problem where you couldn't marry someone not in your employ.

Unzip the package and place in your mods folder. It's a simple mod. I just searched all the xml files for the ominous statement 'marrying a sim in your employ blah blah' and removed the test check.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fixed_proposal.zip (34.4 KB, 803 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jtravers88
I'm tired of waiting for the devs to fix this bug. They probably won't ever fix it. But if you experience the problem of not being able to propose, elope, or plan a wedding because you receive a msg box stating that 'marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate', than this mod is for you.

However, it will probably allow marrying a sim in your employ, while it fixes the problem where you couldn't marry someone not in your employ.

Unzip the package and place in your mods folder. It's a simple mod. I just searched all the xml files for the ominous statement 'marrying a sim in your employ blah blah' and removed the test check.

Oh thank you! I've been wondering about this, I haven't had the issue pop up again in a while so I thought they had fixed it. I'll give this a try, thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 10:09 PM
Thank you for mod-fix.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtravers88

Hi love, is this mod still working with the recent patch? I still have this bug and really want to use this mod.