Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Ephemeral

by Tee Hee She Posted 12th Nov 2012 at 4:34 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2013 at 9:06 AM by Tee Hee Hee

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 10:12 AM
why i can't place this home in my the sims 3?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 10:13 AM
i place at sunset valley and there is nothing
after that, my game eror
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 7:05 PM
Oh how I wish my laptop could take the strain of expansion packs.

Still downloading though.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
This home is stunning, but I have a question: How did you get the curved roofs? I already have Armiel's build set and have used it before, but never created a curved roof.

~Addicted to the Sims for 12 years~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#55 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 5:43 AM
Stunning! I am blown away by the realism and the beauty of this lot. Kudos!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#56 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:25 AM
It is indeed stunning to the max! Thank you for sharing xxx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 11:53 AM
This house is officially the best custom lot ever created, period. I'm enjoying it so much right now, but I've encountered a problem with it on the second day of Winter. When it snowed enough to build igloos, snow men, and snow angels, the house became practically and totally unroutable for all sims and pets. They would walk towards the front door steadily like if they're walking on ice only to get teleported away. Human sims would ice skate inside the house and get immediatly teleported away too. They can't access the house, I'm forced to move out
mature minion
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Tee Hee Hee : 30th Nov 2012 at 4:39 PM.
Thanks again for all the praise, I value each and every comment. It is so nice as a creator to hear that people are enjoying your work! hugs friendly feedback givers

To those struggling with the lot placing itself raised or lowered compared to scenery around it, I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately its a bug since ambitions that no-one is quite sure why it happens, and when it does happen it isn't always to the same degree so I can't tell you the exact amount you'll need to correct it by. Wish I could be more helpful than that

To those with seasons, I'm sorry that winter poses some problems to living in this house. Seasons wasn't yet out when I made this and I don't own seasons to test and fix (if it was indeed possible with the guesthouse) the issues. Sorry about that :O

Lastly -
Quote: Originally posted by fatal_syn
This home is stunning, but I have a question: How did you get the curved roofs? I already have Armiel's build set and have used it before, but never created a curved roof.

Its using floors and a lot of the constrainfloorelevation false cheat. Armi's DIY set is for the counters in the kitchen
Field Researcher
#59 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fatal_syn

There's a tutorial here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/b...wallcurving.php . (Sorry Tee Hee Hee if I'm giving out your trade secrets here!)

~Jo
Shady, Bruno, Nouk, Fanseelamb and JB: You all help to break my downloads folder. You're all so brilliant, so I wanted to say thanks.
"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 4:35 AM
Oh, thank you very much. Using that cheat is so time consuming, but it does make for some amazing designs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 3:19 AM
Amazing house. Absolutely amazing. I won't download though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 2:20 PM
I can't IMAGINE how difficult this must have been to execute. Simply amazing work! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 7:43 PM
This is gorgeous, great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:48 AM
I LOVE this house . but I've encounter a problem that when Winter is coming or the temperature is below 0 degrees . My sims will be teleported outside the house and we cant go back in . They almost freeze to death . So I hope you can get it fix soon . THANKS! Loving the house btw
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myhakim7
I LOVE this house . but I've encounter a problem that when Winter is coming or the temperature is below 0 degrees . My sims will be teleported outside the house and we cant go back in . They almost freeze to death . So I hope you can get it fix soon . THANKS! Loving the house btw

The house was built for NON Seasons players, meaning people who don't have the EP.
The only way for Seasons players to use this lot without encountering an excess of Rounting Errors would be to completely disable Winter from the EP's Options menu.
I should know because I had the very same problem, so welcome to my dilemma...
But between this Hunk of a Lot, and Winter, I had to go for the latter, because I bought Seasons for a reason.
Hopefully Tee Hee Hee decides 1 day to make a Seasons friendly update/version.

Niente è Vero. Tutto è Permesso.
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted.
Rien N'est Vrai. Tout Est Permis.
Laa Shay'a Wakih Moutlaq. Bale Koloun Moumkine.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
Stunning! I am blown away by the realism and the beauty of this lot. Kudos!!

agree. this is a true piece of art.
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 3:36 PM
Hi! Great looking work but i am having a problem. I go to place the lot but nothing appears. The option to rotate the placement comes up but after i click accept it is still an empty lot. I have Downloaded all custom content and expansions needed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 7:42 PM
This is gorgeous - thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 3:45 PM
Great work on this house! Must have taken a long time to build this. I also got the routing problem fixed by removing the water that is lying underneath the places the sims can walk.
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missmstikal
I finally got this magnificent piece of Sims architecture to sit ON the land and not IN a deep hole in the ground!!! YEAH!! I followed the directions given in the link you supplied ( http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...88.page#5407159 " (...)

Could you please tell me how to do it? I can't acces that link. It says i have no "sufficient privileges"...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 8:38 AM
What a good work !
Bunned
THANKS POST
#72 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 6:17 PM
I never had any desire to download houses into my game...then I saw this. This is absolutely breath-taking!
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 7:50 PM
this is absolutely stunning! i wish i had all the ep's to be able to use it.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kinnyfear
....my god.

That is fabulous!
Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 6:52 AM
Man this is awesome.......too bad i don't have WA
Page 3 of 6