Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimsUniversity.world with Fixes imported (updated 2014.01.10)

by ellacharmed Posted 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:56 AM - Updated 10th Jan 2014 at 5:57 PM by ellacharmed : blotchy terrain fixed

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:47 AM
Kinda thought you'd abandoned this. Glad to see you didn't!

Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
I'm waiting for some response from the Gurus, to my tweet, but I'm not optimistic they'd reply. In any case, I'm in the process of organizing my folders and would let you know either way. Well, unless you're already done with your edits.

My edits are in fact done; the problem is that I can't actually exit the university world once I go to it. Since yours works, I was hoping to take your CAW files, insert my changes, and go from there. (Thankfully, moving lots and Sims over isn't nearly as bad as doing it from scratch).
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StPatrick
I can't actually exit the university world once I go to it. Since yours works, I was hoping to take your CAW files, insert my changes, and go from there.
Well, if that's the case, having my CAW files won't help you at all. What you need to do is to identify what resources are affected by your edits, then export those resources and import them into the original Uni world.

And no, all my fixes are not created this way
Quote:
1). Export it from CAW;
2). Install it;
3). Copy the resulting Sims University from Installed Worlds to the appropriate place in C
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM Last edited by StPatrick : 27th Jul 2014 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Well, if that's the case, having my CAW files won't help you at all. What you need to do is to identify what resources are affected by your edits, then export those resources and import them into the original Uni world.

Yeah, I realized that not too long after you mentioned it. Never mind then.

Thanks anyway!

EDIT: Dear Lord, that's a lot of different files...

Out of curiosity, did you ever run into the issue I linked to above? And do you happen to recall if you had to export:
1). Files that were in the base world but not your new one;
2). Files that are in both, but are different between the two; or
3). Both?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 2:02 PM
Thanks needed this!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:48 PM
Out of curiosity, did you ever run into the issue I linked to above?
Not being able to exit the Uni world? Not that I recall.
And do you happen to recall if you had to export:
2). Files that are in both, but are different between the two;
^^ This, (2), is normally the case. And, depending on what other fixes were done, there's also a 4th:
(4) Resources that are only in the new one.

And if (1) happens, it might be a red flag; that something is wrong. Because if the base world is imported wholesale, there shouldn't be any Resources that exist in unfixed world but not in the fixed version. Unless of course, you intended to remove stuff, i.e. it is intentional. Then yes, (1) would apply in your case.

Because my fixes are normally not to remove stuff. The one world where I did remove Resources is in this Uni world, and even then I remove it by editing the XML that referenced the resources that I want to "remove". The Resources are actually still in the .world file, just that the world has no idea of its existence since it is not referenced anywhere.

In another world where I removed an actual Lot (Hidden Spring's Redwood Peak), I only share the .world file, since there's no way to share removed Resources when it pertains to Lot data. And even then I offered 2 versions, since there's no way to tell what this removal does to long-term gameplay, or if there are any opportunities-type chances that would trigger this Lot and getting bugged, like those multi-functional RabbitHoles that are not coded into the game properly for Careers and Opportunities.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:34 AM Last edited by StPatrick : 5th Aug 2014 at 1:49 AM.
Hm. I mostly added lots as well, but I may have moved some stuff around. It's been a while.

As I recall, there's only one resource you need to import in order to designate a world as a University (step 11 of this post)

Well, if the Gurus reply in the affirmative, post your CAW files; I'm curious if anything changes if I use yours. There's a very good chance I imported it incorrectly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
thank you very much. you did a great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:44 PM
i've not tried this yet, but thanks in advance for your hard work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 10:59 AM
merci
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 12:31 AM
Hey, love all your world fixes, but would it be possible to revisit this one? I see some really weird pathing issues around the campus area and I think it's already resulted in one death so far.
Scholar
#36 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 1:38 AM
Thank you for making it finally possible to play the original UL world. I was prepared to love University Life to bits (I enjoyed being a student IRL and this was to be a nostalgia trip for me) but I gave up, owing to all the routing issues. So you might say I had unfinished business. Today I finally made it into a lecture in time, whereas before I spent most of the time snarled up in a mob of lost students in the doorway! Great job!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:50 AM
Not that I believe in thread Necromancy, but newer players may want to know that the install path may be different than in the instructions.
It may be: /Program Files (x86)/OriginGames/TheSims3/EP09/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Page 2 of 2