Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect) *UPD 30-APR*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2005 at 12:08 PM by Numenor : Added "Splash" and "Stream" effects

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 205 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 6:45 PM
wow! great thanks for finding this!
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toewj
i dont know whats wrong but it didnt work in my game. the 4 items did show up in my neighbourhood catalog, but only appears as boulders when i place them in the neighbourhood. is it because i dont hav univ ep?

They work great in the EP Uni.....yes they do look like rocks and it takes a little while before the animation starts. Also, you may have to turn them for the water to show. Use the , & . (< > ) to rotate. I've noticed that sometimes the hill you want to place them on & the direction of the waterfall makes it so that the water goes inside the hill instead of out from the hill. Same thing for the bounce affect rock & the splash. Rotate then wait a few for it to start.

Horseshoe Falls City SC4

At my computer looking in
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:58 PM
Awesome find! :bow:
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st May 2005 at 3:41 AM
Thanks Numenor! Can't wait to get it in Pleasantview to see how it looks ;-)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st May 2005 at 4:56 PM
great thanks alot
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:11 AM
i installed it but i found that each object appear twice in my neighbourhood catalog. is there anything wrong, or is it the way it should be? either way, its a stunning extra to every neighbourhood. thanks
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd May 2005 at 3:38 AM
thank you kind sir !! this is totally awesome !!
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:39 AM
Thank you, I spent an afternoon trying to put a waterfall and river on two ajoining lots, this is certainly alot nicer.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd May 2005 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toewj
i installed it but i found that each object appear twice in my neighbourhood catalog. is there anything wrong, or is it the way it should be? either way, its a stunning extra to every neighbourhood. thanks

Odd, I had this problem with the neighborhood cars: I've brought them into the catalog (just like the waterfall) and I found two copies of them in the catalog, so I decided not to post them. I thought it was a problem related to the cars, but now you state that you see two copies of the waterfalls...
I couldn't find a reason for this odd behaviour, nor a solution to this problem, so far. I hope that it's not too annoying for you to have the waterfalls doubled in the catalog...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:58 PM
Awesome..I cannot wait to try this out! Glad that you found it :D
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Nelde : 2nd May 2005 at 2:01 PM.
great!
is anyone able to change it into a object that we can use it in lots, like the water tower?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd May 2005 at 3:42 PM
NELDE:
I've already answered to this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...3265#post423265

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:22 PM
oops sorry
i should open my eyes :smash:
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd May 2005 at 5:44 PM
I love waterfalls, thanks!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 2nd May 2005 at 9:41 PM
Stunning!!! You know I haven't once seen in my game the rainbow work and also my clouds have disappeared. Could this because I may have too many houses or something. Most of the others work fine except for the rainbow. I even tried taking them all out and reappling (yikes did I spell that right) to no avail. I put them in water and still nothing.

God I hope this won't happen for the waterfall I'll be heartbroken.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 3rd May 2005 at 9:27 AM
Some effects are shown only if the graphic options are set to high, and if your PC can handle them. If you have specific problems, tell me and we'll see if something can be done to fix them.
Instructor
#42 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:24 AM
I have all my game options high and waited for the animations but nothing...just loks like a bunch of rocks....the stream works but looks really odd when animated...what am I doing wrong?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:56 AM
Sometimes I had to wait for about 2 minutes (120 seconds!) for the waterfall to appear.
Other times, I placed the waterfall in the wrong direction, so that the water flow went inside the mountain...

So far, few people have experienced problems with the waterfall items, but remember that maybe there is a reason why Maxis decided not to put them in the catalog...
Instructor
#44 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:58 AM
ok doke....looks good though...sigh. Will try again and let you know how it goes
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewj

I have the same problem. Only the stream shows up, but it actually looks quite bad because you can see like stripes of grass through it. I tried turning everything in every possible angle and I've waited and waited but nothing happens :gonemad:

I have University. My game is hack free (last I checked anyways) oh, no wait, I have the aduction hack but that should be the only one. And I'm running the European (UK?) version of the game.

But thanks for finding this. Stupid Maxis to not include it. It's such a nice effect.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd May 2005 at 10:11 PM
When the water stream flows on horizontal terrain, yes, the grass peeks through... I guess that the animation wasn't perfectly refined, when Maxis decided to discontinue it.

I have UNI, too; and run the European version, though the only difference seems that we have all the languages, while the American version has only US-english and Spanish
Anyway, it shouldn't affect the animation...
#47 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:53 PM
Is it possible to create your own neighborhood Decorations? :sink: :confused:
Field Researcher
#48 Old 4th May 2005 at 12:22 AM
Numenor thanks so much for your help, you know it took the combination of the stream, waterfall and into the water for the rainbow to work. I'm so glad you made all this possible, hugs...
Instructor
#49 Old 4th May 2005 at 1:12 AM
I was patient..and it seems to work now. Still have the odd animation on the stream but this is probably why it wasn't included by Maxis...thank you numenor for this.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th May 2005 at 10:50 PM Last edited by Simfred2 : 4th May 2005 at 10:54 PM.
Ho man you're genious :jaw: //no! you're God :bow2: I will erect a cathedral for you :bricks:
Page 2 of 9