Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ethan Allen Colonial Bedroom Set

by Ambular Posted 28th Nov 2008 at 4:16 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 1:45 AM by AmberDiceless : Server asplodied! Fixed files.

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM
thanks a lot it looks great
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 7:33 PM
This is a really nice set here. Awesome Creation!!!! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 10:55 PM
This is lovely -- very nicely done!

Can you put the comfort and energy ratings in your post? A lot of people make things that LOOK high-end that are cloned from a chair with a comfort of 3 or something; after finding this numerous times, I now ask -- Comfort? Energy?

Thanks!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
#54 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 5:36 AM
this is truly an awesome set i love it in game ,Thanks again and congrats :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#55 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
This is lovely -- very nicely done!

Can you put the comfort and energy ratings in your post? A lot of people make things that LOOK high-end that are cloned from a chair with a comfort of 3 or something; after finding this numerous times, I now ask -- Comfort? Energy?

Thanks!

The Comfort rating for both beds is 7 and the Energy rating is 6. These are the correct numbers, not just the catalog descriptions!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 1:17 AM
*Steals all Ambular's base*

This is pretty. Why hadn't I seen this before? Now, can you make me the real version for my apartment?
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:51 PM Last edited by Avie : 14th Jan 2009 at 2:37 PM.
Lovely set but I have a problem with the lamp showing as solid pink with no detail. No idea why this should be. I too have the exploding bedding issue.

I have all EP's up to BV and the computer is an Intel MacPro running OS 10.5.4
Instructor
Original Poster
#58 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 11:44 PM Last edited by AmberDiceless : 15th Jan 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Avie
Lovely set but I have a problem with the lamp showing as solid pink with no detail. No idea why this should be. I too have the exploding bedding issue.

I have all EP's up to BV and the computer is an Intel MacPro running OS 10.5.4

Hmm. I am beginning to think this may be a 'ghost in the machine' type of problem, since there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to which systems are affected.

I'll see about making up an alternative version of the bedding with different Material Definition settings and see whether that helps. I'm really not sure what can be done about the lamp, unfortunately. :/
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 12:27 AM
Just added some alternative beddings, which hopefully will fix the 'exploding (or all white) bedding' bug a few people have reported. I can't test them as I am unable to reproduce the problem, so if you have been affected, please replace the original beddings with the new ones and let me know whether it helps!
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 2:54 PM
The new beddings do work better but still appear very bright.

Thanks for this fix.
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 2:17 AM
Thanks!

Vinny Lecavalier, simply the best!
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:19 AM
this is a lovely set.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 4:00 PM
Wow, this is weird. I used the set to furnish a room (as you do ) and discovered that although fine for sleeping or ONE Sim relaxing if I tried to get both Sims to relax peparatory to a whoohoo the bed mesh flashes blue and both Sims jump off the bed.
Bizarre, even for a mac!
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:18 AM Last edited by AmberDiceless : 28th Jan 2009 at 11:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Avie
Wow, this is weird. I used the set to furnish a room (as you do ) and discovered that although fine for sleeping or ONE Sim relaxing if I tried to get both Sims to relax peparatory to a whoohoo the bed mesh flashes blue and both Sims jump off the bed.
Bizarre, even for a mac!

Ooh. I'll admit I didn't test the bed to that extent. No one else has reported that effect, but I'll check it out and see if I can replicate the error. Thanks for letting me know. Just to double check, are you certain you're using the appropriate version for your game configuration?
Test Subject
#65 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
Thank youthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:17 PM
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....need....recolors....please!

Blessed are they who live long and prosper!
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 7:41 PM
Oh, thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 10:45 PM
Thank you for this beautiful bedroom set. I recently replaced my computer and with the higher graphics card, I can really see the amount of detail you put into this set. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:01 AM
Very lovely, thank you for sharing!!!
Scholar
#70 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:00 AM Last edited by arathea : 16th Mar 2009 at 5:09 PM. Reason: attached file removed, download is working now
I found the file MTS2_AmberDiceless_842106_Ambular_EthanAllenBedroomComplete.
I'm glad to help.
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:47 AM
Thanks everyone, the files are now re-uploaded.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 9:03 AM
They're sooooooo lovely, thanks.
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 7:26 PM
Firstly, this set is absolutely lovely and full of tasty functional goodies. Thanks so much!

However, I seem to be having a reset problem with the vanity (running TS2+UNI+NL). It causes a jump for every sim on mouse-over in live mode, which I've seen before in downloads that require EPs I don't have. I generated an error log (here). Nothing else in the set has this problem.

The whole set is definitely one of my new favorites. I'm just hoping to get to use the pretty vanity!

Edit: I haven't been simming for months, which explains why I failed to note this post is more than a year old.
#74 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 8:14 PM
I Thanked this thread a long time ago, which *usually* means that I downloaded it a long time ago. However, I was unable to locate it amongst my downloads, which I do keep well-organized, so I just now [re-]downloaded it. What a MAGNIFICENT set!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lasserine
Firstly, this set is absolutely lovely and full of tasty functional goodies. Thanks so much!

However, I seem to be having a reset problem with the vanity (running TS2+UNI+NL). It causes a jump for every sim on mouse-over in live mode, which I've seen before in downloads that require EPs I don't have. I generated an error log (here). Nothing else in the set has this problem.

The whole set is definitely one of my new favorites. I'm just hoping to get to use the pretty vanity!

Edit: I haven't been simming for months, which explains why I failed to note this post is more than a year old.

I'm sorry to hear it's malfunctioning for you. I haven't had anyone else report the same error, and I'm really not sure how to fix it. To my knowledge the vanity has not changed significantly since Uni. The only thing I can think of that might possibly cause it to glitch is if the wrong type of slot assignment was used for the extra slots, but IIRC, Lord Darcy did the slots for that item and she's usually pretty on the ball about that sort of thing. About all I can suggest is to see if you can pick up a copy of a more recent EP, which should be quite cheap by this time, if your computer is able to handle it.
Page 3 of 4