Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Hanging Exerto Punching Bag **Updated 10/2012**

by Honeywell Posted 9th Nov 2011 at 10:15 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2012 at 5:47 AM by Honeywell

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 4:50 PM
Just what I've been looking for. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 10:11 PM
for some reason, I can't get the red normal punching bag..
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
for some reason, I can't get the red normal punching bag..
It's a career reward so it won't be in the regular buy catalog. Can you check again to be sure you didn't just overlook it? I just checked myself and I have both available. Let me know how you make out.
Screenshots
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#29 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:16 AM
Wow this is just "Great" just so wonderful thanks for sharing. will this work with Seasons as well as Bon Voyage ? Please reply
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Wow this is just "Great" just so wonderful thanks for sharing. will this work with Seasons as well as Bon Voyage ? Please reply
You're welcome and yes it will; it'll work with any combination of games.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#31 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 5:28 PM
Thank you! Less space, I'm lovin' it. Mass replacement in progress!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Yay for less space taken by punching bags

I agree
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:06 AM
I wonder if this could be made for Sims 3, even as a deco! Very brilliant and useful!! ^^
Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 11:00 AM
i was so happy when i saw this because the punching bag is my favorite body skilling object. however, its my favorite because i have the buyable reward punching bag which has the accelerated skilling benefit. is it at all possible to make a version with the same skill rate as the reward punching bag?
Theorist
Original Poster
#35 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mocha0030
is it at all possible to make a version with the same skill rate as the reward punching bag?
This is cloned from the reward punching bag and already has the same skill rate.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#36 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
You're welcome and yes it will; it'll work with any combination of games.

Thanks for your reply back to me.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:08 AM
Awesome! Now to go make a new gym for my simmies....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:56 AM
I really liked this one...but, don't they need a mesh? I couldn't find anyone.
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gmsant25
I really liked this one...but, don't they need a mesh? I couldn't find anyone.
Hi The zip contains three package files--the mesh is included in the first file listed.

HW_exertopunchingbag-1tile.package
HW_exertopunchingbag_rc-blue.package
HW_exertopunchingbag_rc-green.package
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 11:03 PM
First of all, this? This is awesome. My game is Medieval and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find decent training equipment for knights that isn't just an invisible or brownish recolor of modern exercise equipment! (Is a punching bag Medieval? Probably not, but as Sims can't practice with bows and spears and lances and beating the stuffing out of each other, I take what I can get.)

Second, I have a question-- does this increase Fitness enthusiasm for Free Time? As few ways as there are to train your footsoldiers, there are even fewer out there that work with hobby enthusiasm.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 5:30 AM
Oh man, this is great. Can't wait to have my boys Rocky-ing up the place!
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Almighty Hat
First of all, this? This is awesome. My game is Medieval and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find decent training equipment for knights that isn't just an invisible or brownish recolor of modern exercise equipment! (Is a punching bag Medieval? Probably not, but as Sims can't practice with bows and spears and lances and beating the stuffing out of each other, I take what I can get.)

Second, I have a question-- does this increase Fitness enthusiasm for Free Time? As few ways as there are to train your footsoldiers, there are even fewer out there that work with hobby enthusiasm.

Thank you so much!
I'm sorry for the delay answering your question, Almighty Hat. The original punching bag does not increase hobby enthusiasm but I uploaded two options today that will. EA has the punching bag increase sports enthusiasm but since you mentioned using it to replace modern exercise equipment I also added an option that increases fitness instead of sports. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:56 PM
Oh, I liked your first punching bag, no having to cheat to get one and I could put it in my apartment building gym. Now I can't decide if I want fitness enthusiasm or sports enthusiasm to go up... *thinks* Fitness, I choose you! Most of my sims seem to roll the sports hobby but a little fitness enthusiasm is a good thing.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:51 PM
brillant punching bag so useful I already use it in my house !! thank you !!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:18 AM
This is one of my favourite downloads. Love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 12:46 PM
I only just found this and I am so glad I did. I just started an Avengers mansion in one of my hoods and poor Cap was missing his punchbag.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 12:01 PM
Help
Where can I get the big painting in the picture? Please help! Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kohav1003
Where can I get the big painting in the picture? Please help! Thanks
Hi kohav, the painting is from the Nightlife expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 8:53 AM
Only yesterday I was building and thinking 'Damn! I need a punching bag!' I tried the cheats and moved a sim in the lot but I didn't want to kill it and have a ghost lurking around...
And now I discovered your object! =D
It's more realistic in shape and perfect for my old style gim!!!
Thank you so much for all your hard work, Honeywell! =)
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 1:11 AM
Somehow the hobby enthusiasm doesn't work for me =/ I chose the fitness one. My sims are getting body points but no fitness enthusiam. What am I doing wrong?
Page 2 of 3