Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wheelchair Poses

by spladoum Posted 27th Jun 2012 at 6:44 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2012 at 5:14 PM by spladoum : replaced non-working files.

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 6:53 PM
Thank you very much. This will be very useful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:07 PM
I think you should do a pose with an old woman with a cat on her lap. This would
be perfect for a image of her looking out her window. lol. Too weird? Maybe.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:29 PM
Do you take requests? Cuz I REEEAALLLYY need a flying pose pack, and you're one of the best pose makers I know. If you can't fulfill my request, then I understand. BTW, I love the poses! The pair with the kid running towards the grandma is sooooo sweet.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:31 PM
You are just so creative with your poses. They're always so perfect for stories.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:36 PM
These are just so creative, well-imagined, and beautiful. <3 Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 10:53 PM
This is awesome...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 11:28 PM
I've always been disappointed that EA didn't figure out a way to include Sims in wheelchairs, so these fill a much-needed role. They're very natural looking poses and the chair looks good too. Thank you.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
I think you should do a pose with an old woman with a cat on her lap. This would be perfect for a image of her looking out her window. lol. Too weird? Maybe.

Put a sleeping cat on an OMSP, place on sim's lap, voila!

Quote: Originally posted by cheesepuffs726
Do you take requests? Cuz I REEEAALLLYY need a flying pose pack, and you're one of the best pose makers I know. If you can't fulfill my request, then I understand.

I would need to have more specifics about what you mean by "flying," that could mean a number of things. For example, there's "superhero flying" and "magical being flying" (body stances are completely different), and then there's the facial expressions to worry about--are they flying because it's their job? Are they flying because it's cool and they love doing it? Are they flying because their ability just manifested and suddenly they're 15 feet in the air without realizing it? All of these details make a big difference in the final product.

If you're looking for something specific, feel free to PM me with details.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 1:12 AM
I would need to have more specifics about what you mean by "flying," that could mean a number of things. For example, there's "superhero flying" and "magical being flying" (body stances are completely different), and then there's the facial expressions to worry about--are they flying because it's their job? Are they flying because it's cool and they love doing it? Are they flying because their ability just manifested and suddenly they're 15 feet in the air without realizing it? All of these details make a big difference in the final product.

If you're looking for something specific, feel free to PM me with details. [/QUOTE]

I've been playing with these sims of all kinds, vamps, nymphs, etc. I was looking for flying poses for my vamps, like what you said about magical being flying. The facial expressions would be like watching what's below them, like they own the night. But really, anything's fine with me. Thank you for considering, by the way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:31 AM
Oh, my :D
This is pure awesome :D
Now I can get back to my one neighborhood because in the storyline it's based off of, one of the male characters is in a wheelchair (he was a soldier in the battle against Ravenwaves and ended up crippled. >.> ...so it's a Lady Lovelylocks neighborhood... I'm an 80s child :P)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 5:11 AM
These are wonderful and VERY natural looking! Superb work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 8:31 AM
thank you so much!!! This pose pack will be perfect in aiding my with my Urbz Collection
Née whiterider
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 2:50 PM
Yay for more simmie diversity.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 7:10 PM
YAY! You released them at last! Looks terrific, too, thank you for your hard work!
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 7:24 PM
Wow, these are fantastic! And so natural looking too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Jake Lucas : 28th Jun 2012 at 7:28 PM. Reason: Added more reply
I am disabled, I have Cerebral Palsy, I am kinda gutted that EA has to make "Eutopia" kinda world where the only difference to a sim is supernatural, disabled people aren't supernatural although flying disabled would b cool. They have catered for blacks, indian and asian sims, babies to old, fat and thin but not disabled or tall/small. Don't we have the right to be simmed?? lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 8:45 PM
Amazing poses, super thanks for releasing them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 3:17 AM
OMG Totally needing these for the current generation of my DitFT Legacy. Luckily I just started the gen, and will be needing these poses for the next 15 posts!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Also, do these work for the other wheelchairs out there, or just this one? Hope so. If not, Jamie gets a new wheelchair. XD
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheesepuffs726
I've been playing with these sims of all kinds, vamps, nymphs, etc. I was looking for flying poses for my vamps, like what you said about magical being flying. The facial expressions would be like watching what's below them, like they own the night. But really, anything's fine with me. Thank you for considering, by the way.

My understanding about the new Supernatural EP is that the whole vampire system is going to "tweaked" in some sort of way, so it is entirely possible that you'll get exactly what you want when that EP/patch comes out. If it just doesn't suit, though, I'll be happy to re-visit the idea.

Quote: Originally posted by ToFSimmer
Also, do these work for the other wheelchairs out there, or just this one? Hope so. If not, Jamie gets a new wheelchair. XD

If you just downloaded the .package set, please go back and re-download it. I found an error with the file and had to replace it.

To answer your question, I didn't know there were other wheelchairs out there, so you'll probably get clipping issues with the footrests and the sim most likely won't be sitting correctly in a different chair. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 6:40 AM
Whoa! I love these, It makes me want to create nice little retirement home for my elder simmys :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 6:50 AM
Oh yeeeaah!!! I already have this wheelchair, but will re-download for the nice pillows. I was try to think of all kinds of ways to pose and angle my sim to look like they were pushing the wheelchair and now I can give my brain a rest. (And so can you now!) Thanks for making these. They look perfect!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 11:02 AM
That is just so lovely! but I wonder ...

Could you do some poses for other ages? I mean, not only old people use wheel chair, if young one have some accident and broke a leg (or even worse ) they need to use one of these for a while (or even forever ).

So it could be so useful for make storys :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 9:00 PM
"Look, ma, no feet!" xD

Thank you!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Christian221987
That is just so lovely! but I wonder ...

Could you do some poses for other ages? I mean, not only old people use wheel chair, if young one have some accident and broke a leg (or even worse ) they need to use one of these for a while (or even forever ).

So it could be so useful for make storys :D

If what you're asking for is children's poses, that would require an entirely different wheelchair, scaled down so kids could reach the wheels, and footrests raised so that their legs didn't go numb. Unfortunately, object-making is completely beyond me, so someone else will have to make a child's wheelchair!

If you're asking about teenagers, the blond girl in the upper-left of the photo collage is a teen. There are clipping issues because teens are shorter than adults, but nothing an OMSP couldn't solve.
Page 1 of 4