Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic / Censor Mod for The Sims 4 - Toddler Compatibility Update!

by moxiemason Posted 7th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2019 at 7:22 AM by moxiemason : Adding info on troubleshooting

2290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 704 Feedback Posts, 1585 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 91 of 92
Test Subject
#2251 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Another_7670
I'm probably just an idiot and nobody will probably see or reply, but could someone explain how to properly get this to work. I'm struggling with the earliest part of picking what file to download (and how to extract 7zip if that's what's needed), what sims4 folder to put it in, and how to get rid of the side problems people are talking about with sims still having their clothes in the shower (I don't even know what the CC and other stuff y'all talk about is)

Hello, do you still need help? I can try to walk you through it
Test Subject
#2252 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 2:41 AM
It won't work for me either.
Test Subject
#2253 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Banjin
THANK YOU !
Tested : works with v1.89.214.1030
Link : https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims4/mods/329?tab=files

You're welcome!
It was updated at some point. "Tested and working with The Sims 4 v1.90.375.1020"
Responding so that more people can see the link.
#2254 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Banjin
THANK YOU !
Tested : works with v1.89.214.1030
Link :
https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims4/mods/329?tab=files

If this was updated there, could you post the working download link for us users who dont particularily want to register for a single mod download, if thats ok. Thank you.
Test Subject
#2255 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmingSinceTheBeginning
If this was updated there, could you post the working download link for us users who dont particularily want to register for a single mod download, if thats ok. Thank you.

Hey!! So I was having the same problem as you and you have to unrar the file. You have to do that by downloading 7-zip. If you look at the installation part of the description it has the link and it worked for me! Hope it works for you too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2256 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 11:42 AM
the best mod ever
Test Subject
#2257 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 12:22 AM
plz update mod it dos not work sense the new update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2258 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 3:07 AM
every time i get naked for woo-hoo or showers, my sims end up in DRESSES or clothes i do not even have on them!! It doesn't matter which no censor mod I use. I used yours to see if it would work and nothing. I'm really upset. I even set them as nude and they still change into clothes....

can anyone help me?!
Smeg Head
#2259 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 9:25 PM
Hi all.

I did a little update on this mod to first make it compatible with latest patch & pets & werewolves & whatever, and also make it compatible with Wicked Whims if you also use that mod. The original here is is out of date and missing code, the version that's linked on Nexus Mods is fine on its own, but it's incompatible with Wicked, also WW no longer covers all age groups with its built-in version of this mod. Hence my desire to make one that's just like original and also compatible with WW. Find it here - https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...-december-2022/

You will need to register with website before downloading, though all mods are free. I'd never put up mods on paywall sites. And registering allows you to make feedback reports and such the like, should you feel the need to comment.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Instructor
#2260 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi all.

I did a little update on this mod to first make it compatible with latest patch & pets & werewolves & whatever, and also make it compatible with Wicked Whims if you also use that mod. The original here is is out of date and missing code, the version that's linked on Nexus Mods is fine on its own, but it's incompatible with Wicked, also WW no longer covers all age groups with its built-in version of this mod. Hence my desire to make one that's just like original and also compatible with WW. Find it here - https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...-december-2022/

You will need to register with website before downloading, though all mods are free. I'd never put up mods on paywall sites. And registering allows you to make feedback reports and such the like, should you feel the need to comment.

Thank you CoolSpear1!
Inventor
#2261 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 4:20 AM
I'm not having any issues with this mod, myself. At least not yet. My sims find themselves nude just fine.

Perhaps clearing cache will fix some folks clothing issues? Or checking their mods. I use 2 mods. This one and skills mod. If anything, the skills one may need an adjustment but I've not had any issues and want to thank the creator for this mod. I don't use any mods for body so it's like barbie dolls but I'm okay with that Clothing on while on toilet, I've gotten used to that, too. lol I just never liked the blur ruining my images.

This is a mix of feedback, information and thanks.
Instructor
#2262 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 5:36 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 16th Mar 2023 at 7:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
I'm not having any issues with this mod, myself. At least not yet. My sims find themselves nude just fine.

Perhaps clearing cache will fix some folks clothing issues? Or checking their mods. I use 2 mods. This one and skills mod. If anything, the skills one may need an adjustment but I've not had any issues and want to thank the creator for this mod. I don't use any mods for body so it's like barbie dolls but I'm okay with that Clothing on while on toilet, I've gotten used to that, too. lol I just never liked the blur ruining my images.

This is a mix of feedback, information and thanks.

Not having any issues either ever since this mod arrived. It's still working in my game. Not a WW user, but not sure if that is the problem with most of the people using WW and saying it's not working. I do assume that it will break with the new infant patch though. Have not checked yet, but since EA did a lot of changes it could be posible to break. We'll see.

Edit to add:
Still working after the infant patch.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2263 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 7:37 PM
While it is sorta working with infants, it's got the infant blurred, so not really working well. Can you fix this?
Field Researcher
#2264 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ClMeow
While it is sorta working with infants, it's got the infant blurred, so not really working well. Can you fix this?

They might not come back. Download the updated one by coolspear1. Works fine.
Test Subject
#2265 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 2:33 PM
Since the the new expansion pack growing together, the no mosaic mod isn't working. I have tried all the ones on MThs and none of them work.
Is it possible for update of the mod anytime soon. Thank for your time and effort for making the mod in the beginning.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2266 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 6:09 PM
does it work on infants?
Test Subject
#2267 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 3:00 PM
Work fine with growing together
Test Subject
#2268 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 1:44 PM
So... No mosaic... But my sims are going to undies instead of beeing naked... I'm not sure, is it from the game or the mod?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2269 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 10:43 AM
it works but the infant and the adult bathing them are blurry. Could someone update this so that does not happen?
Test Subject
#2270 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ClMeow
it works but the infant and the adult bathing them are blurry. Could someone update this so that does not happen?

I have Wicked Whims, the No Mosaic mod and Mc Command Center installed. At first, there was blur everywhere. So, I updated everything, put them in their respective folders and still there was blur, and my child sim was wearing her underclothes in the tub. In my attempt to make troubleshooting easier, I put all the files in the same folder. Then the blur was gone and my simmies bathed/showered naked. I found that as long as the No Mosaic mod is in the same folder as WW, all the blur is gone and the toddlers and babies wear diapers at any point that it seems they would normally be naked (like bath time), but without the blur. I think that was a great idea and I'm going to leave it. Everything is working as intended. I don't know if you use MCCC or WW, but without either of those in my folder, the No Mosaic mod worked perfectly for everyone.
Test Subject
#2271 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jhosy
does it work on infants?

Infants and Toddlers will wear diapers at any time they would normally be naked (like bath time),
Test Subject
#2272 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 12:18 AM Last edited by TalkingCats : 24th Mar 2023 at 12:49 AM.
no longer works for me as of the infant update

ETA: i'm using a fresh version of sims 4 (as in i just got a new laptop and had to reinstall the game and my mods) and i DON'T use wicked whims either. so it's not that mod or a cache issue or anything.

another ETA: removed all other mods, still doesn't work.
Smeg Head
#2273 Old 26th Mar 2023 at 11:27 PM
Just dropping in to lets folks know the actual status regarding the XML file this mod uses, no more need for guessing. The 1.96 infants patch did not add any new data to the XML file this mod uses, meaning no update to my mod linked above was needed for 1.96. It's more than likely infants are assigned to using the same blur as toddlers in the core files, hence this mod works on infants without Maxis adding any new coding specifically for infants to the XML file this mod uses. I've checked and confirmed my version of the mod linked above works fine in game and no blur is seen when bathing, nappy changing and breastfeeding infants.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#2274 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Just dropping in to lets folks know the actual status regarding the XML file this mod uses, no more need for guessing. The 1.96 infants patch did not add any new data to the XML file this mod uses, meaning no update to my mod linked above was needed for 1.96. It's more than likely infants are assigned to using the same blur as toddlers in the core files, hence this mod works on infants without Maxis adding any new coding specifically for infants to the XML file this mod uses. I've checked and confirmed my version of the mod linked above works fine in game and no blur is seen when bathing, nappy changing and breastfeeding infants.

I have WW and your version of the no mosaic and my child sims bathe in clothes and sometimes the teens and adults do too. Idk why either, they're all EA clothing and it isn't a reset bathing outfit issue (already tried that fix) and it isn't cc issues either, as it happens with no cc in game. So I am unsure of why that happens unless it's a feature within WW? I just find it annoying when everyone is in the bath/shower in clothing lol. And it doesn't matter if it is in my overrides folder or my WW folder either, same issue.
Smeg Head
#2275 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 5:35 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th Mar 2023 at 8:03 AM.
Years ago, when the sims first started wearing clothing in showers, Sims4Studious did not yet have batch fix option to help try and fix it. Back then, the first successful method I started to use to fix it was to use the mod scumbumbo released to copy and paste clothing from one sim to another. Copy naked from one sim who I made properly naked in any outfit I could, usually swim, then paste it onto a sim whose "bathing outfit" (as naked is referred to as in the game coding for outfits) was plagued with clothing. Yep, even MCCC did not have its Dresser module and its copy/paste feature back then, so, so long ago. Only scumbumbo's mod at the time.

I could always get any sim back to being properly nude with scumbumbo's mod. Eventually MCCC and S4S got their features to help combat this glitch and I haven't seen it my game in a very long time. Regularly using S4S batch fix if ever I have collected a large lot of CC. Not only that, but most CC creators are also aware of the issue and are careful not to flag their clothing for naked (bathing).

As our sims community is aware, dear scumbumbo passed away a couple of years back, but many modders took over updating his mods on a website dedicated to his mods https://scumbumbomods.com/ And it just so happens that old clothing mod of his has been updated and is on that website. I would recommend if all other tricks and attempts to remove clothing from sims in the shower have failed, to then try that mod and its copy and paste features. It always worked for me years ago so I highly recommend it, seeing the mod has been updated.

Also, I've used the very same copy and paste trick with MC Dresser to clear away unwanted clothes, hats, accessories and whatever from sims in shower. Even just to change hairstyles as I think wearing ribbons or scarf hairstyles in the shower is just as stupid. CC allowed for bathing outfit triggers it, even if you remove the CC completely or batch fix it to remove flag for bathing outfit, sim will continue wearing Maxis clothing in shower because they have thereafter been flagged to wear clothing in shower so they get Maxis clothing instead of CC. S4S batch fixing can only prevent culprit CC from doing it again, but it's too late if it's already happened to a sim. That's where scumbombo's mod or MC Dresser comes to the rescue. I have been 100% successful ridding it from my game with all these methods.

It is a bit more problematic if trying to copy and paste nude clothing onto a child to get rid of clothing forced on them. I don't have that many kids in my world, much less any children CC that would force them to wear clothing when in bathing outfit. I certainly cannot see WW forcing such a thing to happen. I understand why WW was edited to no longer remove the censor blur from kids and toddlers. With those sick shits out there turning WW into something deplorable, Turbo did not want his mod associated with any of that. Reinstating the censor blur on kids and toddlers would be enough, back to Maxis default regarding those age groups, after which simply no need to also force clothing on them. Nope, I don't see that at all, that would be more prudish than Maxis and far too over the top for a modder to force on anyone's game. If Maxis don't even go that far, why should a modder? But if I recall correctly, Mod The Sims has a sister site, Adult themed X-rated, called Sexy Sims which I'm remembering had nude clothing CC for all ages. That was a long time ago, before toddlers, but it might still be there to help copy and paste on kids to get rid of the clothing when nude.

However, if you also have other kids in your world who do not wear clothing in shower, then you already have some form of invisible clothing, nude, for that age group. As such can easily copy that invisible clothing from one sim and paste it onto the other who has visible clothing when in shower. Because nude is still clothing, just made invisible. That's how it's always been in the sims, kinda like that old story of The Emperor's New Suit.

Page 91 of 92