Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Working Medicine Cabinets

by scumbumbo Posted 25th May 2015 at 1:22 AM - Updated 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:40 AM by scumbumbo : Update v2e for February 21, 2019 game patch

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Mad Poster
#76 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:00 AM
The only issue I have come across using your updated version 2 is that Sims do not tip the bottle to their mouth. They tip their head back and sparkle but the hand holding the bottle does not move. I've had my Sim order medicine from a computer and drink it from her inventory to test and she drinks those ones fine with full animation.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:37 PM
Thank you so much!!!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#78 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 9:40 AM
Minor change in the XML for the latest game patch (Dec 12, 2017). If you have the previous version from November updating is not at all critical at this time.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:33 PM
Do you have any plans to include the medicine cabinet from Parenthood?

Deceased
Original Poster
#80 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Do you have any plans to include the medicine cabinet from Parenthood?

@Menaceman44 - Unless the object already has actions associated with it, it would be impossible for me to attempt as the OBJD would need changing to point to a new custom object tuning and as I don't have that game pack I would be unable to update that OBJD resource.

If it does already have a compatible tuning file then I'd be willing to do so but, again as I don't have Parenthood, I have no way of knowing which tuning to update. I would need to know which object tuning requires updating and have someone willing to test it out for me. (The only real change to the object tuning if it has a compatible one would be to add the buy interaction to the _super_affordances list, so I'm sure you can give that a shot yourself to see if it works and let me know).
Mad Poster
#81 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 14th Dec 2017 at 10:28 PM.
@scumbumbo - The Parenthood cabinet just has "prototype_RetailCompatible_WallObject" tuning so I changed it to point to your "MTS_Scumbumbo_object_MedicineCabinet" tuning instead and that works.

Deceased
Original Poster
#82 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
@sumbumbo - The Parenthood cabinet just has "prototype_RetailCompatible_WallObject" tuning so I changed it to point to your "MTS_Scumbumbo_object_MedicineCabinet" tuning instead and that works.

OK, I checked the delta packages and there's no OBJD in those that reference that tuning, so I'd have to have that game pack to actually include it in the mod. Glad you got it working for yourself, though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:40 PM
thanks so much for updating your mods hugs have nice hollydoays
Test Subject
#84 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 1:21 AM
Wait... Sims can overdose from medicine??
Deceased
Original Poster
#85 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffrenee07

Hehe, no there's no code for that - there's a cooldown enforced in the game and by this mod that prevents Sims from taking medicine too often. If memory serves, I think someone wrote an addiction mod quite a while back, but I've no idea if it's been kept current or what the game play features of it were. It would be easy enough though to make an overdose/addiction mod - remove that cooldown and write something where they could get hooked on the bottle and have to take medicine more and more often to keep from getting negative buffs, maybe even to the point where they have to go to the hospital and do rehab

That's not something I'd be interested in writing, though.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffrenee07

All that happens in the vanilla game if you tell a Sim to take medicine that is not ill, is that they will become dazed for a few hours.

Test Subject
#87 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:48 AM
I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:41 AM
Any chance you might update this to include the Jungle Adventures poison antidote?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Deceased
Original Poster
#89 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Any chance you might update this to include the Jungle Adventures poison antidote?

Not at this time at least. I don't have the JA pack and don't have the desire to purchase it, so until those interactions show up in the game patches I wouldn't have access to mod any of that. Even when they do show up, I wouldn't be able to test adding that so unless it was perfectly obvious how it would need to work I wouldn't attempt it.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:47 AM
Understandable.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:25 AM
Thank you! No idea why EA didn't just include this with Get To Work, it's so obvious!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:46 PM
Thank you from the bottom of my flinty heart. Mwah...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 12:48 AM
I love most things about Get To Work except that everyone gets sick all the time. This is so much better than my fix, which was to leave bottles of medicine laying around in all the bathrooms.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:09 PM
Hi; huge fan of all your work, my gratitude and thanks for everything you've done.

Saying that, I got this LE amnd wondered whether it had anything to do with this mod:
8<---------------------------------------------------------------->8
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>bba7b2a244156a135bf03b1a</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-11-17 16:02:37</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.49.1020-1.200.000.373.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>__init__.py:197</categoryid><desyncid>bba7b2a244156a135bf03b1a</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'MTS_Scumbumbo_object_MedicineCabinet' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5923, in _do_perform_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5910, in _get_behavior File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3927, in build_basic_elements File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6193, in build_basic_elements File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 523, in __call__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 252, in factory File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 222, in with_sim_focus File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\sim_focus.py", line 194, in __init__ File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 197, in __getattr__ AttributeError: 'MTS_Scumbumbo_object_MedicineCabinet' object has no attribute 'get_focus_bone' rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>
8<------------------------------------->8

Playing with fully patched up to date game plus GF and Seasons. Thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#95 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aldavor
Playing with fully patched up to date game plus GF and Seasons. Thanks!

Hmm, surprising to see that error if you don't have the pets expansion - that is very similar, if not identical, to an exception that would occur when a cat or dog would want to look at an object that didn't have the proper "bone" in the object model for the pet to look at. Apparantly Sims are also wanting to look at that object now.

Hopefully, I think I know what needs to be done to fix them, but testing for that to happen may take some time - I'd like to see it happen in my own game and then try the fix and see if it stops occuring.

That error should only happen with one of the four previously unusuable cabinets (the ones with no mirror) that I converted to be useable with the mod and I think it should be a relatively harmless error (resets the Sim). I'll have to investigate and I'm not sure when I can get to it.

Thanks for the bug report.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 11:50 PM
In your own time is always good

Sorry but slight misunderstanding; I meant the packs I mentioned were the latest I had added - I am playing with all the packs apart from My First Pet so I -do- have C&D.

If it helps, the cabinet I used was the base game Countyside Caress Medicine Cabinet, if that helps. Thanks again
Test Subject
#97 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 2:26 AM
Just an FYI - this mod is still working for me post patch, but once Get Famous went on sale I noticed an issue - sims can't "practice acting" on wall mirrors with this mod installed -the option is just not there. I took it out for now but I might still add it back in and give my whole two actor sims floor mirrors instead.
Deceased
Original Poster
#98 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by purpleflavored
Just an FYI - this mod is still working for me post patch, but once Get Famous went on sale I noticed an issue - sims can't "practice acting" on wall mirrors with this mod installed -the option is just not there. I took it out for now but I might still add it back in and give my whole two actor sims floor mirrors instead.

Thanks for noticing this -- Version 2d has been updated to include the new interactions from Get Famous.

In addition it includes a focus component change that hopefully will address the issue of pets looking at the cabinets and causing exceptions.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#99 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 11:31 AM
http://kittysims4.tumblr.com/post/1...ional-drugs-for Hi can you make this compatible with these pharmaceuticals, the creator has abandoned their mods but essentially they just clone the reward potions so please make them available from the cabinets if possible
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:26 AM
Many thanks for this! Really appreciated
Page 4 of 5