Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:10 AM
Default What does a message in a bottle look like? (IP)
My sim has a "diving job" to find 2 messages in bottles, but after countless hours of diving, he hasn't found any. There's a bottle deco item which is all over the place, but I'm assuming the real thing looks different. Anybody have a screen of one?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
My sim has a "diving job" to find 2 messages in bottles, but after countless hours of diving, he hasn't found any. There's a bottle deco item which is all over the place, but I'm assuming the real thing looks different. Anybody have a screen of one?

I found one on the beach. :P
But yeah. I actually thought we can collect those in the dive shit.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I found one on the beach. :P
But yeah. I actually thought we can collect those in the dive shit.

Think we CAN... afaik they come from shell spawners.

My problem is, I don't know what they look like!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 3:04 AM
if i remember correctly,they're a light brown-ish color with few white patches in the middle
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 12:32 PM
I took me about a sim week to find two Sea Urchins for a Dive job, then my sim ate one of them. I cancelled that dive job, and took a different one, and got a request for 4 messages in bottles. When I still hadn't seen one after another sim week I just gave up. I think that the dive/shell spawners need a little boost personally.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:01 PM
Here's a screenshot of a message in a bottle that my sim is just about to pick up.

This was located in the first diving area unlocked, Rocky Reef I believe.
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:38 PM
I don't play IP yet cause I've got to finish my deadline of work first otherwise I'd be playing game for a whole week and screw my deadline!

So please let me ask, Is there any message in the bottle?
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 7:27 PM
I've found about 3-4 of them. You really, really have to scour the dive spots to find one, and not all of teh dive spots have them. AFAIK or recall I've only found 2-3 via dive spots, after like 40-50 hours of diving. Kind of rare.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM
Thanks -- glad to know it's not just me

I'm a lil vexed by the fact that there are only 4 dive spots, and they unlock so slowly that you have to spend a LOT of time in each one to level diving... and the chances of finding specific objects you need are, apparently, pretty slim at each one. Think I'll be building a new dive spot or two in the near future Very tempted to use some WA objects to make a sunken Egyptian city, and a Chinese one! Monte Vista and Dragon Valley also have some nice ruins objects...

Ideally, you'd unlock at least one new dive spot with every level so you can cycle among em while the spawners reset.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 9:21 AM
AHA! Finally found one Here's what they look like for anybody else in the same pickle. Unlike all the deco bottles, they're translucent and you can see the message. Sorry about the bad light... it was night, and underwater, so dark, even with a full moon :p