Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:06 PM Last edited by 3ttu : 15th Jan 2021 at 10:06 PM.
Default shadow on custom fence
Hello, hope i am writing in the right place

I am making my first fence so I have some problems:
1) shadow on the bottom of the wall
2) how to make sure that posts do not appear at the fence, but it goes on forever? I looked in xml, but did not find the required line..

below is picture of fence
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:45 PM
If you drag your fence the object direction, it doesn't have the shadow right?  Fences have a shadow on one side as the game differentiates between inside/outside.  Not sure if it's fixable, never really looked into it.  For the no posts, look in the XFNC for the line posttilespacing, place 0x00000000 as the value.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 9:41 PM Last edited by 3ttu : 15th Jan 2021 at 10:15 PM.
I found what to input for 2) (I'm actually just a couple of fences lazily watched, so hoped that here will give a quick answer lol):
  • posttilespacing (dtUIntegred) = 0x00
It looks a bit.. Unsafe now lol.
Anyway, what the problem could be with dimming?

[EDIT]
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you drag your fence the object direction, it doesn't have the shadow right?  Fences have a shadow on one side as the game differentiates between inside/outside.  Not sure if it's fixable, never really looked into it.  For the no posts, look in the XFNC for the line posttilespacing, place 0x00000000 as the value.

I refreshed the page, but I saw the message from the HugeLunatic only after posting the second post
thx for answer!

What do you mean on the:
>If you drag your fence the object direction, it doesn't have the shadow right?

If it placed in a building, there are no shadows, but it changes depending on the time of day. I will now update the first post and update the pictures

>Fences have a shadow on one side as the game differentiates between inside/outside.
Yes. i know!

I had a thought that this is a problem with texture-normal, but the rest of the fence looks fine..
If possible - can I send the package to you for check?
Screenshots