Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:47 AM
Default WCIF a mod that lets a player give nicknames to Sims in CAS?
In Tomodachi Life (Nintendo's watered-down version of The Sims in which they replace Sims with Nintendo's proprietary avatars, known as Miis) you can give each Mii a nickname, which can help the player to differentiate between two Miis with the same first name. This feature is nonexistent in any game in The Sims franchise, at least in vanilla form, but does a mod exist for TS3 that allows the player to give nicknames to Sims in CAS?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 9:20 PM
I don't think I've seen mods that do it, but if you have the Showtime EP, you can assign a "stage name" for sims who work as acrobats, singers and magicians--I can't remember if any other jobs/professions do. But yeah, that's about the extent of a quasi-nickname system, as far I can recall. :\
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 1:11 PM
Like murfee, I haven't seen any mods that do this. All I can suggest, outside of the stage name mentioned above, is to use an apostrophe (') after the Sim's first name and then add a name in between. For example say there are two Sims with the name John Doe, you could name one John 'Johnny' Doe and the other John 'Jacob' Doe.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 9:44 PM
There are usually multiple ways to spell the same name. In my game I have two Sims named Gene but the other I changed the spelling to Jean.

-John
-Jon
-Jonn

Or another name similar:

-Jonathon/Johnathon
-Johnie/Johnny/Jonnie/Johnnie/Johny

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition