Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:08 AM Last edited by joeyofrivia : 14th Aug 2021 at 9:34 AM.
Renaming object/rabbit hole gypsy wagon
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it's possible to rename an object/rabbit hole, the "gypsy" wagon? In swedish it uses an incredibly discriminatory term for it and both in english and swedish it's a slur.

I'd love to just rename it to like Traveling fortune teller, Mystic caravan or something else more generic and that doesn't simplify/use a culture. Is there a mod i can use, or is it possible I can make a mod for it?

Thankful for any answers

edit: i didnt know this would potentially start a discussion. im not asking this to start something i just want to rename it to something more fitting. the swedish word they used has nothing to do with fortune telling and is only a discriminatory term, i just want to increase immersion etc without seeing that all the time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So you have a problem with Gypsy Danger in Pacific Rim?

If you needed help renaming something, I'm happy to help. But I'm not going to enable your virtue signaling.

could u atleast help me since you said you could? im not interested in starting anything, it is just a game and i just want to keep my immersion without discriminatory swedish words, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:29 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
https://www.nraas.net/DebugEnabler

thanks i changed it now. way easier than i thought
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joeyofrivia
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it's possible to rename an object/rabbit hole, the "gypsy" wagon? In swedish it uses an incredibly discriminatory term for it and both in english and swedish it's a slur.

I'd love to just rename it to like Traveling fortune teller, Mystic caravan or something else more generic and that doesn't simplify/use a culture. Is there a mod i can use, or is it possible I can make a mod for it?

Thankful for any answers

edit: i didnt know this would potentially start a discussion. im not asking this to start something i just want to rename it to something more fitting. the swedish word they used has nothing to do with fortune telling and is only a discriminatory term, i just want to increase immersion etc without seeing that all the time.

That's the same for the whole languages so sad we have to do this by ourselves.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
That's the same for the whole languages so sad we have to do this by ourselves.

Ah, yeah Was afraid it was like that. Especially since it's a banned term on official EA forums, lmao.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: answered