Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#201 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 1:55 PM
Miuki you're a hero. I just had a question about those today, came here to give a young CAW user the link, and you'd done their work for them. ^_^

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 10:03 PM
Thank you kiwi_tea, I'm glad it's useful.
I wonder why didn't EA enabled this decor for CAW it in the first place.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Test Subject
#203 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:47 PM
Thanks very much for this stuff. So useful.

Unfortunately the latest patch (for island paradise Jun 2013) has stopped the Riverview DT from showing up in CAW. Would it be possible for you to update the resource please?

Typically, my world relies heavily on the DT and I decided to install the patch just before uploading and installing it!!... If you could help it would be much appreciated.
Test Subject
#204 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM
AAAHHHH never mind. I was stupid and forgot to replace the resource file post-update!!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hello! I thought I could contribute somehow to this wonderful thread and send you CAW-enabled Boardwalk Bench from Seasons EP. I hope it works well for you!

By the way, I was wondering if it would be possible to change the texture of that bench into that darker one created by EA? If so, is there any tutorial that explains how to do it? Thanks in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BoardwalkBench.rar (1.9 KB, 194 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#206 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 1:26 AM
I waited for Island Paradise before downloading the latest CAW tool. I thought that the latest EP would be a good place to start creating the world I want. I have played around with CAW since they first released it and have successfully placed CC into my package folder. I downloaded the resource file from the tut (to lazy to go through the procedure myself lol), many thanks for that btw. Now the crunch cc not showing, have searched both here and on the net, but can find no reason why this should be so. I am older simmer and fairly computer illiterate so be kind lol.
Scholar
#207 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sturley
I waited for Island Paradise before downloading the latest CAW tool. I thought that the latest EP would be a good place to start creating the world I want. I have played around with CAW since they first released it and have successfully placed CC into my package folder. I downloaded the resource file from the tut (to lazy to go through the procedure myself lol), many thanks for that btw. Now the crunch cc not showing, have searched both here and on the net, but can find no reason why this should be so. I am older simmer and fairly computer illiterate so be kind lol.

Did you follow the instructions here http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework ? (The trick is that you have to do both of these things - edit the resource.cfg file and create the "Packages" folder in your C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) CAW directory - not in My Documents.) That, of course, is provided you are using Windows OS? Once you've created the "Packages" folder, you must put all the "unlocked" or CC items into the "Packages" folder in the Program File CAW directory. "Unlocked" or custom terrain paints go into My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\SourceTextures, but I don't think you're having a problem with that? Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#208 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:15 AM
Thanks for replying. I will answer yes to all the questions asked. I have had packages installed and working fine in other versions of CAW. They just do not work since I downloaded the new version of CAW and since installing 1.55 and Island Paradise.

No worries decided to download CAW tool again and reinstall, went through the whole process again, everything working fine now. Do not know what was wrong previously but thanks everyone cheers.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:40 PM
I apologise if this is a nooby question but I am honestly at my wit's end. I simply can't get the Riverview bridges package to show up in my CAW, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both types of the package countless times to no avail. Iv'e updated both my game and CAW, edited my resource.cfg and even resorted to using a premade packages folder/resource.cfg just to ensure that I'm doing it right and still no luck.

I have other custom content showing up fine in CAW, and I know I've been able to get the package to work before. Anyone have any idea why it's not working now?
dodgy builder
#210 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
I apologise if this is a nooby question but I am honestly at my wit's end. I simply can't get the Riverview bridges package to show up in my CAW, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both types of the package countless times to no avail. Iv'e updated both my game and CAW, edited my resource.cfg and even resorted to using a premade packages folder/resource.cfg just to ensure that I'm doing it right and still no luck.

I have other custom content showing up fine in CAW, and I know I've been able to get the package to work before. Anyone have any idea why it's not working now?

I made them available earlier, if I remember right you have to enable them to show up in caw metadata. It's very simple really, no meshing and such. Just S3PE needed. Tutorial somewhere in the tutorial section or on the wiki - how to enable objects to show up in caw metadata. Sorry for being so lazy
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#211 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:58 PM
Perhaps this tutorial? http://modthesims.info/t/453818

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#212 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:42 PM
I suppose I'll have to do it myself, my problem is that Simsample has already modded them to show up in the metadata (link on the first page) but I can't get the .package to work.
Field Researcher
#213 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's a tricky one to spot, that parking space- in case anyone else is having issues, it looks like this:

The thumbnail is nothing like it looks in-game!

You may be right about the mod- mine is exactly as the original version except for the catalog placement.

Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash.
Scholar
#214 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes649
Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash.

This is what it says in post # 3
"These require Late Night EP.

Food Truck and Parking Space
These show up in the buydebug Miscellaneous menu. Please note that they cannot be deleted once placed, as per game design. If you are using in a 'Suburb' world then the trucks will be parked and will disappear/ reappear occasionally. To make them drive around it seems that you need a 'City' such as Bridgeport. Discussion on that in this thread, please read the entire thread before you do anything! I've found that in a large world you will need several trucks/ parking spaces to get a good result- I used 15 in Sunset Valley. The truck is CASt enabled."

I don't believe that they show up in CAW. The buydebug menu is a question mark that only displays in "sort by function" menu. Do you know how to get the "buydebug" menu? Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#215 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
This is what it says in post # 3
"These require Late Night EP.

Food Truck and Parking Space
These show up in the buydebug Miscellaneous menu. Please note that they cannot be deleted once placed, as per game design. If you are using in a 'Suburb' world then the trucks will be parked and will disappear/ reappear occasionally. To make them drive around it seems that you need a 'City' such as Bridgeport. Discussion on that in this thread, please read the entire thread before you do anything! I've found that in a large world you will need several trucks/ parking spaces to get a good result- I used 15 in Sunset Valley. The truck is CASt enabled."

I don't believe that they show up in CAW. The buydebug menu is a question mark that only displays in "sort by function" menu. Do you know how to get the "buydebug" menu? Hope that helps!

As I stated, "Well, I just recently re-added all this stuff (post HD crash), and mostly, it's all there, in game at least. I haven't checked in CAW yet. I located the food truck itself in, of all places, outdoor activities, sorted by room. I can't locate the parking space anywhere! Is that because I am in-game, and not in CAW? As stated, not sure if it's all there now or not. I did download everything again, and set up the symbiotic link as before, and amended the resource file, as before, so hoping that is all good. Can we actually get the space for the food truck in-game? I don't think I ever tried before the crash. " I know before my HD crashed, I DID have them in CAW, and they worked just fine, but I haven't checked that yet since re-installing these items. In CAW then, they showed up in the "edit in game" mode, under the "buydebug" (yes, very familiar with that). Now, I can locate the food truck itself in the "outdoor activities" section in game (NOT in CAW), but not the parking space. In the past, both were in the "buydebug" section in the CAW edit-in-game mode, as well as in the game itself. Now, the parking space isn't there at all, and the truck is not in "buydebug", but in outdoor activities. I thought it was completely missing until looking for something else there, and spotting it. I was able to place the truck on a regular large parking space, but I don't know if it will even function properly that way. Why it isn't in "buydebug", I can't imagine. It's the same in game and in CAW now; the truck is in "outdoor activities", and the parking space is missing. The picnic cloth, however, is in "buydebug", exactly where it belongs.
Test Subject
#216 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:51 AM
Hello,

I was hoping somebody could help me out here. I went through all the instruction on this page in hopes of getting just a couple of items to use in CAW. Unfortunately nothing is showing up in CAW. I edited my config file as shown ( and yes it is correct, I triple checked). I created the Packages folder in the CAW directory, then extracted the package file to it. And just to make sure I extracted the in game file to the Mods/packages folder in my Sims3 directory. Yet still no Farm distant terrain, or anything else I downloaded for that matter.

I am running Win 8 and my game is run through Origins, kind of. I have the original game installed via CD along with Pets and Island Paradise- limited edition. Ambitions and Late night were installed via Origin. This has caused me some grief with CAW already. I had to move my CAW to the Origins games folder just to get it to work, and I can not edit in game because of origin.

Does anybody have any information that will be helpful to me?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 26th May 2014 at 6:54 AM
Thank you so much!!! :D
Theorist
#218 Old 27th May 2014 at 12:15 AM
Default Unlocked 7 ITF items for World Editor
7 ITF items for world editor. Also available in (By Function) Vehicles Cars, Decor Misc.

Parked Cars x3
Storage Cylinders x2
Abandoned Mine
Wind Turbine
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Unlocked ITF Hood Stuff - TizerisT.rar (873 Bytes, 149 downloads) - View custom content

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#219 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SteveM
Hello,

I am running Win 8 and my game is run through Origins, kind of. I have the original game installed via CD along with Pets and Island Paradise- limited edition. Ambitions and Late night were installed via Origin. This has caused me some grief with CAW already. I had to move my CAW to the Origins games folder just to get it to work, and I can not edit in game because of origin.

I don't have an answer for you but... I have about 1/2 my games with CDs and 1/2 w/Origin and, while I've not really used CAW much since purchasing the Origin games, the times I have it seems to work. I can also edit in game. I know CAW can be finicky - have you tried removing it and reinstalling? (I know how much I hate it when people ask me that same question but, I guess there's a reason...LOL) I had to do a complete reinstall of TS3 when I saved while my houseboat was away from port and it completely borked the game re:MasterController so I don't know if that is why CAW seems to be working for me. (Origin already on board.)

As for these items, while I'd love to be able to place them in CAW, it sounds as though you aren't able to decrapify if you do this. I've not decrapified (scares the **** out of me but it does seem like it can help) but I want the option in case I need it.
Field Researcher
#220 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 1:00 PM
Hello, I'm trying to fix some routing issues I have with a customized "Flying-V Coffeehouse". I've narrowed down the issue to the proprietor's being blocked trying to route to... somewhere. I guess it's the autospawned proprietor's spot.

So, I used the proprietor's placement mat provided in Post #3. Unfortunately, everytime I added the proprietor spot, I can't get back to Edit Town mode. I've tried editing the lot on a 'plain' Sunset Valley 30x30 lot, still the same problem: After adding things, I always can get back to Edit Town. But as soon as I add the proprietor spot... BAM! Can't get back to Edit Town; the tumbler just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning... after 10 minutes, I give up and use Task Manager to force-end TS3.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Scholar
#221 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:19 AM
I suspect the problem may be that you have two proprietor's spots. Have you tried going bringing up the "buydebug" cheat to see if you can find and then move/delete the original proprietor's spot?
Field Researcher
#222 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
I suspect the problem may be that you have two proprietor's spots. Have you tried going bringing up the "buydebug" cheat to see if you can find and then move/delete the original proprietor's spot?

Tried that, only showing one spot.

But I solved it by doing this workaround:
  1. Rename "The Sims 3" folder, create an empty one.
  2. Create the Mods folder containing only: Resources.cfg, Nraas Overwatch, Nraas Errortrap, and Proprietor Placement Mat
  3. Start the game, quit immediately on MainMenu
  4. Copy the savedir I'm trying to fix
  5. Start the game, load the save, *immediately* go into Edit Town.
  6. Edit the lot, adding the Proprietor Placement Mat. This time, I can return to Edit Town mode.
  7. Edit the name & description of the lot, then "Share" it.
  8. Quit the game without saving.
  9. Rename the new "The Sims 3" directory, and restore the name of the older "The Sims 3" directory.
  10. Install the 'shared' .sims3pack generated in step #7 above.
  11. Now, I just load the game, Edit Town, bulldoze lot, and Place the fixed lot.

So, it seems that one of the Mods I have doesn't like the manually placed proprietor spot. But all's well that ends well ... as long as I don't re-edit that lot, I can do Build/Buy in Edit World.
Test Subject
#223 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:19 AM Last edited by SiskaNewbie : 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:34 AM.
So how does the proprietor placement and picnic blanket (and the others I suppose) work with uploaded lots? Will the mod be included in the package? Or is just something that allows me to place it when building but once it's placed it's just like the base objects in the game and the mod wont tag along when I share the lot? From what I understand with the OP saying these items are already in the game, I'm guessing it safe to share but I want to be 100% sure I'm not unleashing mods all willy nilly on the unsuspecting. :p

This is the lot I made BTW. An outdoor Big Show venue on a 50x50 lot. Made to look like it was built inside a crater. http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asse...ot_original.jpg
Inventor
#224 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:59 AM
I'm 97.43% sure it's safe. A custom lot should be no different than an EA lot that has them
(think about a park with the picnic blanket). Anyway, you can always make a test to verify.
Test Subject
#225 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:09 AM
Hi, I'm kind of new to editing and modding. I have cloned some items from EPs to use in CAW but when I copied the BB objects package and tried to open it in S30c it doesn't show up. I really want to use the sea walls in BB. if someone can tell me how to get them into my game or if someone can give me the files I would be really grateful.
Thanks
Page 9 of 11