Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2326 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1792118137636639
What do you mean by toddlers being broken? I vaguely remember reading something about it, but I can't for the life of me remember where, and I was just playing a household with a toddler a while ago and didn't seem to have any problem, though to be honest I didn't pay him a lot of attention. And, just for the record, I'm not putting your post into question or anything such, I just want to inform myself about any potential brokeness. That's one kind of surprise I can live without.

Don't worry, I don't take your question the wrong way! Sometimes other simmers mention having bugs and I often say "that's strange, it's not happening in my game".

WOW, then you and annoellyn are very lucky, because a lot of simmers are having issues with toddlers not being able to put down objects correctly, it's keeping them from being able to eat (because they won't put items down), they can't sleep. When they do drop the item if you reset them, they take FOREVER to eat and never finish (they literally put the food down unfinished). They constantly get in and out of bed in a loop. Littlemisssam actually created a mod fix for this. Here: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...andom-small-bug
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2327 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 12:14 PM
Following the last dinner from my last post, Krystal took Jane on the town to help her get started as the new matriarch. They went to The Blue Velvet in Willow Creek, where tons of Krystal's kids kept coming. Jane got more nervous as more of her family showed up, but she eventually met Edmund Vatore (Caleb's son) and they went outside to get to know one another better. :lovestruc

Jane invited him over the next day, and got pregnant with his twins. After he left, Krystal and Jane took their last nap together. Unfortunately, it was finally Krystal's time to go. She greeted the Grim Reaper with a friendly wave just before she passed.

One of Jane's half-sisters, Averie, called to "offer her condolences about the the passing of someone special to [Jane]." Jane couldn't believe how insensitive Averie was being. So, Jane didn't reply to her message and hasn't kept in touch with Averie for a while. Jane's twin brother, Edmund, was kinder and offered to get dinner together to talk about their loss. Every once in a while, Edmund comes over to help Jane around the house.

Jane continued her hobby from high school of making paintings and selling them off to a collector. She recently got a tip about using the More Views video station instead, and switched over to media creation. Between that and singing around town, she recently became a B-Lister. Around that time, Jane gave birth to a set of twins. Coming home after their birth, she immediately noticed how skinny she had become from exercising. It was evident that she had not been eating proportionally to her exercise.

After that shocking revelation, Jane decided to take a break from fitness for a while. Instead, her efforts have been refocused on her matriarchy and fame status. Following her refocusing, Jane is now expecting her 10th children (49/100) from a fellow B-Lister.

Oh, and a random fun fact: her current doctor at the hospital is Caleb Vatore...
Scholar
#2328 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:49 PM
Recently I played some white the Goth family. It seems to be really nice people...umm...sims to play. The house seems to be a little glinchy though. There is a bathroom whit a shower on the 2:nd floor. The family members can walk IN but the door gets stuck so they can't get OUT whitout having a routing problem. But if I enter Build mode and move the door just a little it becomes unstuck and the sims are free again. But just until next time... But as told, it's a nice family. But I'm happy that I don't need to pay their bills irl. Last time I played the bills got delivered. Just over 10K that was to pay within 48 hours!
Scholar
#2329 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 10:44 PM
Alexander Goth and Paige Goth had two children, a daughter, Danika;

This is her, she's got his eyes.

and they had a son, Jack.

This is him. Also has his father's eyes, but also his mouth.

Their mother is daughter to Luna Villareal, and Sterling Woodward (my OC sim)

Not much is going on with this family, though they did just move to STRANGERville, so that's exciting. They just had the welcome wagon which was creepy. I'm going to solve the mystery again! :D
Forum Resident
#2330 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 12:50 AM
My sims dog keeps getting sprayed by a skunk. My sim keeps bathing his dog over and over the smell takes time to go away. I keep getting the notification captain was sprayed by a skunk and my sim keeps getting uncomfortable by the skunk smell. This is not going to end any time soon! LoL
Test Subject
#2331 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 1:16 AM
not the new sims cheat.. "bb.showliveeditobjects". nope, not working...
Mad Poster
#2332 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 1:42 AM
Last time I played the game, the couple I made to test out the vet career/clinic had their second child (can't remember if the baby grew to toddler). They also adopted two dogs (how come nearly all the pets in the adoption pool are neutered, by the way - took me way longer than it should to find two dogs to breed, and when I finally found a male puppy, it turned out to be a big dog instead of a small one which I'd hoped for), and it took quite a few tries to get the "expecting puppies" prompt. Anyway, they're now having puppies, hopefully not 100% identical to their parents. I haven't played in a couple weeks, but I guess I'll find out the next time.

Through the vet career I also finally figured out why there's rainbow poop and blue pets all over the neighborhood (neighborhood-wide viral pet epidemic with different diseases and symptoms). It's rather annoying, to be honest. I'd be okay with a few sick strays, but over 90% is a bit too much. No idea how to fix that, either.

I've temporarily abandoned the alien households I had going. Got a bit bored of them having only purple and random turqoise kids (dad is green, ya know). Kinda gave up on them when one of the twin boys and his human wife got surprise triplets (all purple and blonde, even though their dad is a redhead).
Scholar
#2333 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maharet1
not the new sims cheat.. "bb.showliveeditobjects". nope, not working...

Did you enter "showhiddenobjects" first?
Lab Assistant
#2334 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 10:04 AM
My sim opened a florists. On the first day two customers died. Not good for business.
Scholar
#2335 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Did you enter "showhiddenobjects" first?

Talking about that...I have a related question.

I did see this video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yapEY7r0FnI (I did not see all of it though) and I did find the objects in game. But Do I really have to redo the cheat every time I want to look at them? Or do I do anything wrong?
Scholar
#2336 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Talking about that...I have a related question.

I did see this video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yapEY7r0FnI (I did not see all of it though) and I did find the objects in game. But Do I really have to redo the cheat every time I want to look at them? Or do I do anything wrong?

Pretty sure you have to enter teh cheat each time. (both cheats)

Obviously not their favorite son

(He sleeps outside bc he's the youngest and if he wakes up from a nightmare and starts crying, he'll wake up his siblings. The good thing is, he doesn't get wet when it rains. My sims just cannot afford to expand on their home yet.
Field Researcher
#2337 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 5:28 AM
So this isn't happening in my game right now, because that challenge is already done and I have moved on to another one already, but I thought I'd mention this anyway because, well...

Anyway, I tried my hand at rags to riches. Made a sim, bought the tiniest empty lot in the original neighbourhood for her, plonked down an outdoor trashcan (and moved the mailbox over) and cleaned out her money. Zero simoleons for this simmy.
Right, so having played this game as long as I have I actually didn't find this too challenging at all, I know roughly where things spawn, what parks have toilets and benches (and that repeatedly do wash hands-brush teeth a gazillion times helps the hygiene bar even without a shower - though, you know, the gym has showers), and that my sim is perfectly fine to eat harvestables directly out of inventory. (I do however have a mod installed that keeps sims from grilling food in public places, so no food to mooch in the parks and so on) I made her an artistic painter sim, and once I scraped together enough to get her started, she spent the majority of her time at the art museum, painting. Surprisingly (If I had known I wouldn't have bothered making her a loner, as this was counterproductive) it is pretty much impossible, at least in my game, for a sim to just stand there and paint in peace - everysim and their mother come over to have a chat, and on occasion, steal the easel from right under my sim's nose. Still, I guess that kept her social bar perfect while she was also having fun painting, skilling up and making money.

Making a loner painter sim is almost too easy for rags to riches, I guess, because my girl was soon chugging along nicely. Honestly, I bought her a tent and all but she didn't sleep more than two nights in it (she stayed at the museum after all) and soon enough she had earned enough that I was allowed to build a small home (or was that get a job first? I've already forgotten, but I kept to the rules properly). Eventually she got into the painter career and between that and her painting ALL of her spare time - no romance, no social calls, nothing that wasn't need based - she was puttering along nicely towards that one million simoleons goal.

Then, when she was at somewhat under 700 000 simoleons, the lottery holiday rolled by again. Well, it is one holiday that is easy to fulfil even for one single, hard-working sim, so I had her buy a ticket and get back to painting. Nothing ever comes out of that other than a positive moodlet, right? Yeah... not this time. My little rags to riches sim won the lottery. That has, obviously, never happened in my game since I got that - and I had everyone old enough in the 100 baby challenge buy tickets whenever that holiday rolled by, too - but the sim that was supposed to have no money outside what she herself could scrape up? Oh of course she goes and wins!

...in the end I had her keep working until she upped her bank account to two million simoleons anyway, just to finish the challenge. :P
Scholar
#2338 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 1:12 AM
This is John. He's a native of Sulani, but he didn't grow up there. He was adopted and given a new name, and his heritage was almost all but forgotten. He had a great childhood, but as he got older, he missed his native Sulani. So at the age of 20, he returned.

So basically John was a townie that wandered onto my sim's lot to watch my sims doin stuff, and I saw how sad and pathetic a townie he was, so I made him over and this was the result. I changed his eyes, nose and mouth. He IS a native to Sulani, and I liked him so much I plunked him into a house and I'm playing him. He's currently dating Nalani the mermaid. Working in the conservation career, I shall have him be a Marine Biologist. He has Child of the Island trait so he's trying to get to know his culture again.

He feels like an outsider among his own culture, but he's trying to relearn things long forgotten.
Alchemist
#2339 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:20 AM
@Brainlet has posted some nostalgic and fabulous remakes of the Bustin Out (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) houses. I made Mimi Landgraab, Dustin Landgraab and Mom (Last name?)

I always loved in Bustin Out how Mimi could say random things to your player like ''girl, you rock!'' or ''You are just the best! I'm so happy you live with me''

what does his name even mean?
Scholar
#2340 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 9:37 PM
So John was trying to get to know locals and try local cuisine. He wasn't much of a cook, so he often went to the town barbeques and frequented food stalls. That's where he met Nalani. He was certainly in awe of her beauty and her charming personality, but he maintained a respectful distance until they eventually became good friends. It took a lot for Nalani to learn to trust John, because not only was he a human (Nalani is a mermaid and mermaids see humans as polluters and reapers of ocean life- but hey, not all humans! lol) but he also seemed to be a foreigner to Sulani. Foreigners often had a bad reputation of exploiting the island and not showing respect to the culture, ocean and lands.

But Nalani slowly learned John's story. He was born on these islands, and was a child of the islands. His parents had died in a terrible monsoon flash flood when he was just a baby, he survived, found floating in his bassinet. He was adopted by a lovely couple from Windenburg who named him John. His culture was all but lost to him. Nalani could understand his past and learned to trust him. She also saw that he was someone who respected the islands as his career was Marine Biology. As they got closer, he made his move, and they started dating. Eventually they married. Nalani started calling him "Ioane", he asked what this name meant, to which she replied "John". (It's literally John in Samoan and it's pronounced Yo-awn-ay) He then legally changed his name to Ioane, but preserved his last name, respecting his adoptive parents. Not long after, found themselves expecting twin boys! Not planned, but welcomed.

But tragedy struck when they lost the babies (Because I friggin' deleted them. Seriously. They didn't look anything like John or Nalani so I deleted them. I LITERALLY JUST OBLITERATED THEM. I can tolerate most glitches but the Mermaid-genetics not working bug, nope. Those weren't their children. She was host to some ugly townie babies. I aged them up to adult in CAS and deleted.).

They decided to not have any children until their genetics issue could be resolved. (At this point I went over and played Sterling for a while, aging his daughter Mikaela to young adult!).

Eventually they had the go-ahead to try for a baby (because EA fixed mermaid genetics) so they tried for a baby, and had a son, Henare (Hen-are-ay, Henry in Samoan).

And then they moved into an abandoned pirate ship and fixed up into a beautiful home.

Buddaguitarz created this incredible pirate ship home called "Jolly Roger"
Forum Resident
#2341 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:34 AM
I've grown really bored of my legacy family and the Sims 4 in general. So...what do you do when you don't know what to do? 100 Babies Challenge it is! I also combined it with Rags To Riches, starting out with nothing on the lot next to the volcano on Sulani.
A four step guide for having a good start with this challenge combination:

First step: Build a sandcastle with a random stranger.

Second step: Ignore all red flags.

Third step: If you don't have a woohoo location on your lot yet, invite the stranger to travel around the sim world to find somewhere to get pregnant on your first date.

Last step: Fish for hours to make enough money for a pregnancy test and then fall asleep on a park bench..smelly and expecting.
Scholar
#2342 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 8:46 PM
Ioane and Nalani's son aged to about 3 years old,

He's such a little charmer. (This Moschino stuff pack was only really for the photography which means everything to me)

He will look like this when he grows up:

And hes a merman so mermaid genetics are working. Little Henare looks mostly like his dad, but with his moms nose and round head.

Ioane and Nalani had a romantic night on the beach

(These poses are from Passionate Romance by Sacrificial)

And that night resulted in this

They named their little girl Kalea which in Hawaiian means "Filled with Joy" which aptly described how they felt to have a little girl complete their family.
Scholar
#2343 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 3:27 PM
Ioane and Nalani's daughter aged to toddler:

This is how she'll look as a adult:

She has her father's nose and eyes (and ears)

This is Mikaela and Amar. They've been going together since highschool and yesterday they got engaged AND married at the romance festival! Best thing is her dad, Sterling and step mom Penny were there and witnessed the event!
Forum Resident
#2344 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 3:54 PM
I just had to recreate 90 Creepy Hollow from Makin' Magic in time for Realm of Magic (I remade my favourite magical family from that game too). Combine it with the Classic Camera mod, and feel those nostalgic TS1 vibes.

Scholar
#2345 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I just had to recreate 90 Creepy Hollow from Makin' Magic in time for Realm of Magic (I remade my favourite magical family from that game too). Combine it with the Classic Camera mod, and feel those nostalgic TS1 vibes.

What is this isometric trickery? This camera mod is a must!
I've wanted a view like this for TS4 since its release.... must go Googling!!

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#2346 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 1:32 AM
Sterling never thought in his wildest dreams (or nightmare) that he'd be a widower for the second time. I didn't really plan for this, like a lot of things. There was a teen pregnancy, an enraged father and mother, flaming angry pasta, a fight over parenting, and a tragic death.

Now Sterling has hit rock bottom and is very self destructive. It was bad enough to lose his first wife when he was 20. But now to lose the love of his life and mother to 4 of his children at midlife? It's almost unbearable.

He's made a lot of mistakes in the last few days but he's trying to put the pieces of his life back together again.
Lab Assistant
#2347 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 6:02 AM
I kind of avoided this topic for the most part since it had so many dang posts, but on a whim just now I decided to give it a proper read again and my goodness, what a treat I've been missing. Y'all are hilarious! And it's interesting as heck to see how other people keep the game fun and interesting.

I might join in on the fun one day too l o l. Keep it up y'all, please, I dig this kind of stuff. This is a fun and heartwarming topic. I mean, I do love trolling and being a goober on the internet (which some people might misconstrue as toxic, at times), but life IS all about balance, after all, so it's gud to get some good vibes and positive energy from good folks like these.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Lab Assistant
#2348 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 7:59 AM
I made a group of 4 Sims, two of each sex, and moved them into an Off the Grid lot in Sulani. I then removed everything from them and left them naked and without any money, just to see what happened. Well, two of them went Fishing and with the money from that I bought them a pee bush and a stone easel. Then they fished a bit more and got enough money to start painting. Anyhow, they now have a fire and several log seats and two tents, custom content ones that look grungy, as well as a few plants. They have some torn shorts too. Intend to see how they get on. They are all still alive, luckily.
Scholar
#2349 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 3:53 PM
My sim just got his first stan. His son just found the love of his life-it happens to be the said stan. Stan I swear has the overly obsessed girlfriend meme face half the time, or it could just be a Goth thing. Don't think this should be an issue now she's pregnant with the sons baby. Oddly enough game still recognizes her as a stan even after marriage. Such a great daughter-in-law she will be.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#2350 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 7:31 PM
Sterling's daughter is engaged to her beau, Brady. They had twins, named Sterling and Penny. They are planning to move to Sulani soon, since Rhiannon is a mermaid. (She ate the kelp)

After such a terrible loss, Rhiannon felt responsible, so named the babies after her parents, in their honour.

Having the grandchildren in the house has helped Sterling refocus his energy somewhat, helped his recovery somewhat.

His adult children have been a tremendous support system for him, helping him get out, have fun, and recover from his addiction.

Lewis was always his favourite son.

(Now I get why they call men without beards baby-faced, he looks like a young adult here I swear)

But those addictions had consequences. Sterling is expecting a child with his friend, Eva Capricciosa. She's thinking seriously of giving the baby up for adoption, as she is not ready to be a parent and Sterling is, in her opinion, hardly fit to take on a new baby at this time. (I would move the baby into a couples household).

I use the Basemental alcohol mod and I kinda forgot that drinking like mad can turn you into an alcoholic so that's what happened. He quit his job after the death of his wife, drank heavily, became an alcoholic, fathered a child... his life in shambles he's trying hard to get back up.
Page 94 of 104