Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2351 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 9:04 AM Last edited by 8265jww : 8th Sep 2019 at 7:06 AM.
Follow up to previous. My mostly naked Sims have a new problem. They got together enough money to have a small shack on their lot and now, as a result, one of them is pregnant. She is vomiting all over the place and the pee Bush has permanent green smoke coming out of it, not helped by one of the males using it to sleep in. They are all smelling due to lack of showers or baths too. Two anti environmentalists keep coming over with red exclamation marks over their heads as well and there’s a lot of arguing. No idea how to keep food fresh on an off the grid lot so they keep grilling things and eating mouldy food and, so, at one point, all four of them were ill. They are all still alive though.

Weird thing happened though. One of the anti environmentalists was complaining and then suddenly they all gathered together and were drinking red stuff out of wine glasses. No idea what’s going on there. They were clicking the glasses together too. Anyone tell me what this means?

UPDATE: She's had triplets and the Father is in bed, they now have two beds, sobbing.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2352 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:43 PM
Its been two years since Penny died. I never actually planned this at all. Do you have any idea how hard its been for me to plan emotional deaths? Besides that, I feel GUILT when I kill sims on purpose! I was SHOCKED when she died because she died with like almost no seconds to spare between being enraged and just very angry.

Dominic aged to teen.

His daughter and Brady got married at Sterling's private pad in Sulani and now are living there with their twins.

His daughter Stella was born...and given up for adoption without his consent.

And Stella was adopted by Bob and Eliza Pancakes. Good thing is, they've really become good friends with Sterling so while he can't raise his own child, he can visit her frequently, within reason. It's not the ideal situation for Sterling but it's better than no access at all.

Sterling is currently single.
Alchemist
#2353 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:36 PM
Nothing. Haven't fired it up in about a year. I might check it out this evening and see if I can get back into it.
Scholar
#2354 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 12:55 AM
One day, Sterling was sitting at a park bench minding his own, when a young woman came by and introduced herself as Claire. She was new to the nieghborhood and wanted to meet her nieghbors. They chatted a bit, and she left. All he learned about her was that she lived up the road with her husband and son. He thought nothing of it.

Then a while later, while he was fishing, a little boy who loved the outdoors came and asked him to teach him how to fish. He seemed like a very nice little boy.

A little while later, Sterling heard that the lady down the road had lost her husband in a drowning accident. Having been without Penny for 3 years now, he decided to make her a floral arrangement and offer her some comfort. This is where he learned the little boy at teh fishing pond was her son.

A few months later, he got a text from the lady, Claire, inviting him to the romance festival. "I hear getting a kiss at the romance festival is out of this world. Want to find out if it's true?" Sterling was just friends with her, but he found the text to be rather suggestive. Was she interested in him? His heart was wide open again, he had healed enough from the loss of Penny to let someone new into his life.

and wouldn't ya know it? He stole a kiss from her at the Romance festival, and she was right! It was out of this world.

Things got pretty hot-n-heavy and before he knew it, he had a new love in his life. <3

Fin (for now)
Field Researcher
#2355 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 2:57 PM
Moved from the "What did you discover" thread, because really, why did I post this there? ^.^;;

---

My little shark fin baby had to give up her mermaid heritage in order to become a spellcaster, it was a sad moment indeed (for me T.T), and moving in the middle of winter proved to be quite the jarring contrast from sunny Sulani (for me :P). She's doing well, knows everyone (since a walkby only have to cross on the very periphery of a sim's area to appear in the relationship panel these days it seems, no interaction needed) and is on friendly footing with all her neighbours and teachers, but she still thinks of her parents ALL the time. Well, in between the constant dashes for the faucets that is. What gives with this obsession with drinking water anyway?
Still, her parents, individually of each other, popped in for a visit on their own, so little shark has pictures of her moms on the walls at least, seems right for a sim that thinks of little else than her family. Oh and diapers for some reason.

Pity about the not being able to become spellcasters if they're already technically an occult, I would have had fun making a generational thing where gen1, saviour of Sulani/mermaid - 2, spellcasting master - 3, saviour of Strangeville - 3, alien - 4, vampire - 5, rich everyday sim in one of the "normal" neighbourhoods (unless some other challenge appears before then) with inherited amassed wealth and a proud lineage. :P
Scholar
#2356 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:03 PM
After some time had passed and Sterling and Claire had been dating for a while, he took her to his private bachelor pad

Sterling proposed and Claire said yes!

The weather had been off and on thunder storms, and when they got a break in the weather they went to the wedding arch to get married, only for the storm to start up again. Both of them got drenched.

He can't remember the last time he was this happy.

Dominic aged up to teen

And his little girl Stella aged to toddler. He tries to see her every Friday.

I'm using the beard growth mod by Flerb if you're wondering about his facial hair.
Test Subject
#2357 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 9:32 PM
The past few Sim days and nights, Eric Lewis has been playing the loveliest violin music in my city neighborhood.
Scholar
#2358 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 8:12 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 22nd Sep 2019 at 11:40 PM.
Sterling's little girl Stella is now a child.

The Pancakes decided to move to Windenburg so Stella can visit her dad and half siblings after school, or even spend the occasional weekend there. Stella now understands that Sterling is her biological father.

Claire, being about 15 years younger than Sterling, kept pressuring him for a baby. He wasn't ready for a full 3 years after they got married. Then they welcomed baby Emily, his NINTH child. Yep. Nine.

Like, 5 of those weren't planned, yo. It happens.

Son Jonah (Unplanned!) aged up to teen, and found himself a nice girlfriend.

And son Dominic became father to Tristen.

So with Jonah... he is the first sim child who's looks I rather drastically 'cheated' to change. It wasn't because he grew up to be ugly. It's because he grew up to have the same eyes as Dominic and Lewis, and I was frustrated with that. I wanted more variety. So I changed his eyes to match his fathers. I changed the shape, not the color. Yep, I cheated. *shrug* It doesn't bother me ngl.
dodgy builder
#2359 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 10:59 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th Sep 2019 at 11:19 AM.
I finally managed to upload a house to the gallery and my blog.

I have been playing around with Marianne lately. Some people say it's so easy this pack? Then you must be playing this game way too much. Marianne and her fiance is doing other things as well. They are partying way too little. I have to build a partyhouse next. This was a gardening house. I could have taken an image in the game with Marianne, but it's not what I do. I make houses so I forgot
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#2360 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I finally managed to upload a house to the gallery and my blog.

You have a gifted eye for style.
My houses look like backyard garden sheds.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2361 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 8:04 PM
Sterling took his family to Sulani that summer like he did every year, to his private bachelor pad.

This was the first time bringing her here, as his wife.

When they were there, there was a heavy monsoon. Claire was struck twice by lightning. I didn't even witness this, I was not playing HER at the time, but I got notified that I had achieved "Death of a salesman" because she died on a retail lot. How could this be happening again? Sterling couldn't bear it..

But little Gage, his stepson, who already lost his father to drowning, pleaded in behalf of his mother. And it worked!

Although very traumatized by the whole event, Sterling was very relieved that Claire's life had been spared.

I did not want or plan for her to get struck by lightning, it happened so suddenly I was shocked, (so was she apparently) and I freaked out because I wanted this to be Sterling's final love. No more losing wives. I never really planned for Penny to die either, she had died of anger which I find is really hard to achieve without cheating. And she died on the last second before going from Enraged to Very Angry.

So yeah that was enough drama for one day...
Scholar
#2362 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 12:23 AM Last edited by DrowningFishy : 5th Oct 2019 at 1:20 AM.
I switched to one of my old saves and didn't know where I left off so I decided to a 100 baby challenge on my own terms. First of all random career and on her days off she goes on vacation. (Her name being Yvette Medrano.) There Yvette finds a willing victim from the NPCs running around... HEY NPCs deserve to have kids too. That and I want to see if it can be done and be it I only have Jungle Adventure so this is a big??? I am 4 kids in so far. Asuka Jun, Nari, Mikelis and Min-Jun (random name generator don't look at me).

Also I am turning to the Random Legacy Challenge to look for Career (I go 1-4 because 4 will be career hopper), Generational Goals, and Miscellaneous fun. I will use the Random Legacy Challenge to determine each child's spouse (if any), careers, and children (if any) because I really want to meddle in my kids lives. Yes, this involves caution because should my kids slip out while I am micromanaging other house holds that could spell disaster.

Other rules I put on myself all my kids are home schooled. Locked in a tower and should one escape and go to school they will be culled. They are expected to keep all their character values from going red or you know, culled. I mean why have a 100 baby challenge when you know chances are good all your kids will live right? That said Nari's future looks very bleak.

Edit: Careers are horrible, promotions at the wrong time means no baby making time.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#2363 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 5:18 PM
Sterling's last child (no, really) Vernon aged up to toddler. He looks just like his dad, but with his mom's hair color. I guess I forgot to mention they had a baby boy together...
Sterling has had 10 children by 4 different women. 3 with his first wife Luna Villareal. 4 with Penny Pizzazz, his second wife. One with Eva Cappriacosa, a brief fling after the death of his wife. 2 with third wife Claire.

When the game randomized the boy's name as Vernon, I decided to keep it, since that was my bio grandfather's name :D

Stella aged to teenager! Sterling can hardly believe it has been 15 years since Penny passed away.

The Pancakes invited Sterling and Claire over to celebrate Family Day (my alternative to Winterfest) and Stella's birthday

LOOK EVERYONE SITTING AND EATING

Stella got herself a boyfriend named Charlie Powers. Sterling's not sure how he feels about that.

He's probably a little extra protective of her because he never got to raise her or watch her grow up in his house.
Test Subject
#2364 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 3:25 AM
Restarted my 100 Baby and Random Legacy Challenges. (Two separate save files, obviously.)

So, my legacy founder, Adeline, had a bit of a rough start. Not two nights after moving to her first home in Willow Creek, my favorite Sim decided to come to her doorstep for a midnight snack...dear old Vlad. He left with the promise that he'd return for more midnight snacks. Needless to say, she quickly started to research to find out what Vlad was talking about with garlic but hasn't found anything yet for that. She's kept the door locked except when intentionally inviting her boyfriend, J Huntington III, over. Surprisingly, this was really useful since J showed up once just in time to stop Vlad from coming in.

The random roll for her career was the Comedian branch of the Entertainer career. She made it to the Jokesmith position (5 / 10) through some hard work. Today, she was slightly late because I had her working on her comedy skill for her aspiration. When she got there, after sending her toddler to daycare, she had an opportunity to do something to stand out. (I assume because of the Get Famous expansion?) Apparently, it made such an impression because she got promoted all the way to Show Stopper (10 / 10). This was literally her first day back to work after her family leave.

Between all those bonuses and her new hourly rate, she's sitting at a comfortable 19k. With this unexpected super promotion, it looks like she only needs to finish her aspiration and raise her kids. :p
dodgy builder
#2365 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
You have a gifted eye for style.
My houses look like backyard garden sheds.

Thank you. I'm sure you have other qualities I'm crappy at
Scholar
#2366 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 6:35 AM
I discovered what a huge difference having a shiny new gaming PC makes! I was able to upgrade from 6 cores to 8 (I7 Intel and Nvidia 2070). No more lag. Quality alpha clothes actually look good. (I still hate alpha hair though, no hate)

Anyway what is happening in my game is!

This is Paige Goth and Alexander Goth. Their daughter aged to child, but more interestingly...

Alexander cloned himself at work. (This is the first time I've cloned a sim I play, instead of co-worker NCPs)

The clone came to life, confused and afraid, not knowing who he was or where he was. Although he was a perfect copy of Alexander, he had no recollections, no past, nothing. He felt empty, hollow.

Alexander condemned him to a life in the basement while he decided what to do with the clone. The clone's name is Mack. Mack being a clever genius, managed to escape the basement while Alex was at work. He took advantage of Alex's wife Paige, knowing she would never know the difference. He then fled the house before his sins were uncovered.

Mack moved into a trailer house and dabbled heavily in things sims shouldn't do. (BD mod) He just felt like his life had no purpose, since he was not born, he was created. He had no past to form his personality. However, seeking some kind of comfort in another sim, he found love with single mom, Bria.

Bria was a NCP coworker of Alex. She had a crush on Alex but was respectful of his marriage. However, Mack was single. But she tolerated his being a p*thead. There was just something about him she couldnt resist.

When Mack was cloned I fully expected he would have different traits, as clones are usually evil, and they arent supposed to have skills. He had all teh same skills, knew some of the same family as ALex, and he even had identical traits. I used the change traits reward potion to make him hate children and make him gloomy.
Scholar
#2367 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 10:20 PM
I'm playing Strangerville for the third time, but in between visit my rotational save. Nothing special happened, just sent one of my larger households vacationing to Sulani.
What I want to share about that trip is this:

It took some patience, but eventually each of the sims had their own dolphin.
Test Subject
#2368 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 11:31 AM
Colin has discovered Jo's secret hidaway.

Scholar
#2369 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 8:28 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 20th Oct 2019 at 9:07 PM.
Sterling suffers from 'erratic' or insanity, dealing with anxiety, mood swings and panic disorder (this is all stuff I've dealt with so I am by no means romanticizing it). He recently found some seeds on the internet and grew them into lovely plants that he can use to help level out his mood and help him remain calm. Some people might say those plants are illegal, and selling them is illegal, but in Sulani, it's perfectly legal to use and sell them, and so he turned his bachelor pad in Sulani into a retail store (it was always a retail lot) where he sells his special plants to help other sims feel calm and relaxed. Funnily enough, his first sale was to a child... xD

Sterling feels sooo relaxed...

Emily and Vernon have both aged to child now,

Stepson Gage had two children, a daughter, Leila and she's now two, and a son, Damien

and Jonah became a young adult and moved to Sulani with his girlfriend.
Forum Resident
#2370 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 1:19 AM
I'm getting back into playing my legacy save (4th gen) by not focusing so much on skill building but actual family time. Full house!

Current heads of the house: Minerva and her grandmother Freya (vampire). Minerva is married and has four kids.

Freya's immortal dog takes the last household space.

The family has way too much money on hand and I hate building because I'm bad at it... so I had to come up with new ways to get rid of my funds to still have a little challenge in the game. The bills come up to almost 16k and having to earn that from scratch to get by is kind of fun. The rest of the money is either totally locked away, so that no random townie can take a nap in it or used to bribe people to like Freya, who has a horrible reputation from feasting on innocent bystanders.

I'm focusing a lot on building friendships between the siblings in this generation. My two boys will become spellcasters and fight in a magic duel to decide who will inherit the legacy. I've heart the winner is always random and this would normally annoy me but it works for me in this case. I'm not actively playing the two girls, it's fun to see them roam around and they love to create chaos.

More and more urns on the lot mean more and more dead relatives visiting at night... which is kind of neat if you have a lot of toddlers to take care of.

Newest development: Minerva, who is a celeb archeologist, has tested out one too many relics...she will die in three days! I'm actually contemplating to not help her with the curse. I mean...a full household is kind of a lot to deal with
Scholar
#2371 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 2:34 PM

Sterlings dog, the sheepdog, died of old age. I thought, before he died, I cannot wait for that dog to die because of the constant begs for attention when my sim is trying to eat, it drives me nuts. Even when the dogs attention isn't all that low, he still begs. Even with mods to tune it down, HE STILL BEGS. Then I finally banned both dogs from the kitchen/dining area. and then he did finally die and I was like ... so sad... he was still a good boy. Rachet will miss him. Word to the wise; don't have two needy dogs in the same household.
Scholar
#2372 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 8:12 PM
I moved a sim from my library into a new save. Since she had the friend of the world aspiration she went to the local library and started greeting people. With all her good traits from childhood aspirations and parenthood she also made some friends so with greeting sim No. 10 she finished the first part of her aspiration. - And she earned the introverted achievement.

Now I'm having questions...

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
#2373 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 3:37 PM
Sterling's stepson, Gage, aged to young adult.

The two are so close that Gage changed his surname to Clarke-Woodward. In the other save file with Sterling, where Sterling was originally Claire's butler, and she had an affair with him, Gage liked Sterling as a stepfather, but had a bit of anger over the affair, mostly at his mother. In this save, Marvin was already dead when they became involved.

I'm back to playing Mack Goth. He's the clone of Alexander Goth. Because of his confusing and pointless existence, he's become a user and seller of . He's also on the welfare system, wasting that genius of a brain to wallow in his misery.

But now Mack has learned he's about to become a father for the first time. He hates kids. Maybe, this'll be his chance to get clean and turn his life around?

He's also tried to make meaningful connections with his parents, the Goths. They invited him over, and while he feels close to them, he has no memory of growing up with them, no history, and that frustrates him. They look at him as being just like Alex, yet, Mack wants his own distinct identity separate from his brother/creator. He wants to be recognized as his own person with his own dreams, hopes, goals ambitions...

But Mack admits he doesn't know what those "dreams, hopes, goals and ambitions" even are yet...
Field Researcher
#2374 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 8:34 AM

So a while ago I made this vampire sim named Malachi. He enjoyed seeing the sights and meeting the neighbors. He has ended up fathering many, many children.

He's such a lady killer, I forgot all about this wife of his. I can't remember if she was his first or second, but I do remember that she was not the love of his life. I'm wanna say this was his first wife and he murdered her, because he does that being an evil vampire and all.

I mean this is how Malachi is, he wasn't satisfied with his dinner so he decided to taste some of the other guests, lol.

This is Kate. She was Malachi's drug dealer and first friend. She has since married Malachi's other best friend, Caleb Vatore. She was so surprised when he proposed, lol.

Malachi's friends are his greatest joy in life, aside from the son he had with his second wife.

Malachi's true love (forget her name lol). Their first date was at the beach when it was cold, but when she skinny dipped with Malachi, he knew she was the one. Who else would be as insane as he is to go skinny dipping in public in the middle of winter? hah!

Married and happily ever after? This peeping tom has been bothering Malachi ever since I created him (he happens to be a celeb as well, he's just got it all this guy), and sometimes he looks through the window without any pants on.. very strange guy.

Oh yes, on Christmas when Father Winter came for a visit, Malachi had to assert his dominance and beat up the guy.

Malachi Redrum's favorite son, Johnny Redrum.

This moment was depressing. She took her own life after learning about Malachi's dark secrets right after their son was born. Malachi has never forgiven himself. But has he changed? No, probably not.

Finally we have the Goths! I got bored with Malachi and decided to check the towns people out and found three relatives living in the Goth house. Two sisters and a cousin, descendants of Alexander Goth. Kayleigh (in the pink), Tiara (in the blue) and Danielle (purple chair). They were already named, I just gave them makeovers and begun their journey into sorcery!

Tiara is passionate about her job, she is now a Senior Detective. She even met her husband on the job, he is a detective as well. She would often practice magic at work and the result was the above second picture, lol.

Kayleigh has been trying to have a child for a while now, much longer before her sister Tiara got pregnant. She had a couple of miscarriages, due to her heavy drug use I presume. She did get clean for a while but the second one really threw her as she was pregnant with triplets. She was happy for Tiara though and is a great aunt to her 5 or so nieces and nephews now. Danielle (pictured in the second above in the green) has almost mastered her dream of being the ultimate spellcaster. She recently met someone as well, after so many years of being alone. Kayleigh is also an internet star, so she has her fans to keep her going. She's currently in denial about her age so she is working on a potion for immortality.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#2375 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 3:36 AM
Started the first week of the third gen for my Legacy Challenge.

This is my heiress, Naomi. She's a hot-headed, klepto perfectionist... During high school, she met her sweetheart, Darrius Vatore (non-vampire son of Caleb). He's an erratic, klepto genius. (I knew immediately they were a perfect match.) He is pursuing a career as an eSport Gamer, while she pursues a career as a Detective.

Naomi was skeptical that she came to the right place when she first met the then-current Chief.

A few days later, Naomi and Darrius got married and drama followed. Her brother, Garrett, couldn't be bothered to dress properly for the occasion. Her parents, Katelyn and Haych, decided to sit on opposite benches. Haych sat with Darrius's sister while Katelyn sat with the Chief of Police. In retrospect, that should've been my first clue that something was gonna happen especially given Katelyn's career choice as an Oracle.

We made it through the wedding itself and the cake cutting...but we weren't out of the woods. The pair became enemies and got into a fight that ended when the Chief died of a heart attack. (Pretty sure Naomi had to cash in a favor to have it ruled as an accident.)

A week later, Darrius has gotten another promotion at work and Katelyn has officially retired from the criminal life. With Naomi due to have her first child at any moment, Katelyn decided to (autonomously) research parenting on the computer. She came to the conclusion that she may have raised her own kids wrong. (Just after destroying their dollhouse for the I-lost-track time.)
Page 95 of 104