Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2426 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 2:44 AM
You all know this dude. This is Sterling Woodward. I play two versions of him in two different saves, and now I play a third and final version of him in my oldest save. I decided I would use him for a tiny home challenge. There he is in is 32 tile home.

This version of Sterling a young adult and is Insane (all three are), Klepto, and hot headed. The original 'cannon' Sterling was a butler who was seduced by the wife and had twins and later married her. He was Insane, Romantic?Self assured? The second version was for a runaway teen challenge and he started out Insane/Klepto/ and then later self-assured/romantic. Sterling 1 was a chef, Sterling 2 was a florist/agriculturalist, and Sterling 3 just graduated Uni Villainy and is looking to become a smuggler. Each Sterling had a different childhood that affected their traits. Sterling 1 married Claire, Sterling 2 was married to Luna, then Penny and then Claire, and Sterling 3 was eventually married. Confused? Me too.

This particular Sterling is the worst of the 3 "alternatives", as he has taken full advantage of everything Basemental has to offer. Actually, not everything. Not the really hard stuff. But he was thorougly addicted to at least 3 things.

Don't mind the TV. That's Sterling with his girlfriend, Jenna McKenna. She's noncommittal so he's going to enjoy her while it lasts.

Oops! They had a baby. Hope she doesn't leave him because she's not committed. Look how blood shot the eyes are. What a dad.

That's Kaleigh.

OH NOE she got crushed to death by the Murphy bed and their baby is only brand new! Poor Sterling..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2427 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 8:17 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Apr 2020 at 9:20 PM.
Came across the 7 toddler challenge on Youtube, and decided to give it a go. Without cheats. Wanted to figure out if it was as difficult as the one in the video made it out to be (well - it isn't, at least when you know the tricks...)

Been at it for a few hours now, and the first toddler (I think there's some random aging happening from CAS) is about to grow up.

I had to call in a nanny on the second day just to let the sim/mommy sleep for a while (had 3 toddlers needing baths and her energy level was at "one more second if this and I'm going to faint" - which she did not long after, along with a very tired toddler, in the bathroom...), but apart from that it's going kinda okay with just the mommy. All the toddlers are at least on level 2 of potty training now, which means a bit less bath time, and I'm letting them skill mostly at random. Most are at level 5 communication (I didn't do any of that - I guess 7 toddlers are extremely chatty), and varying between level 2-4 in various skills, at least one other at 3 or 4.

No highchairs (obviously), and I put some fruits and veggies from random seed packs in the fridge to get the meals up in level a bit (the mom is at around lvl 5 cooking, I think - I have her stock up leftovers whenever she's in green). The house looks a bit bombed at times, but I gave her the cleaning trait, so at least she's feeling good about cleaning. The tots leave plates EVERYWHERE, and there's always puddles, dirty bathtubs or stinky potties everywhere... But so far I haven't had too many warnings about the toddlers, and they seem to be thriving. At least they're not too difficult to keep in the greens now that 4 toddlers don't need baths or potty training at the same time...

When I play normally (with fewer toddlers and more adults), I always make sure they get all their skills to the highest level, but I'm quickly realizing that's very difficult with just one sim who's managing all the toddlers and trying to keep themselves alive as well. It is easier with two adult sims and fewer toddlers (triplets are manageable, and I've had 4 toddlers on a lot at the same time, for instance). 7 toddlers do leave quite a bit of chaos in their wake when there's just one adult to care for them, though...
Top Secret Researcher
#2428 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 8:03 PM
I think the guy at EA that thought it would be funny to have your sim drop whatever he's doing, run clear across town to get a drink of water out of the sink ought to be taught a lesson in how to make an enjoyable game.
I tried to get my sim to practice programming. Autonomy is set to none, but I Had to remove the telescope, two sinks, and the bookshelf before he'd sit down and practice programming. Not much of a game if your sim doesn't do what you ask.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#2429 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 8:10 PM
There's a lot of strange programming in this game. I tried another challenge after the toddler one, the "rags to riches" challenge - and suddenly my sim just wouldn't sleep. Not on benches, not in beds. She'd just lie down and get back up again after a few moments. I did manage to reset it by going in and out of the saved game, but it is really annoying when these things happen.

Also, the moment I started growing up the toddlers from the other challenge, everyone started using the toddler beds as dining chairs. Not only that, but 3-4 sims will use the SAME toddler bed to eat their dinner on, or prefer the beds where a toddler is sleeping. Come on, really? There are chairs and sofas all around, and you insist on using the toddler beds? WHY???
Top Secret Researcher
#2430 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 4:46 PM
Same thing as last time, only this time I played an alien to make it more difficult: Immortal sim, incredibly rich, lives in a celebrity mansion, 5 star celebrity, can make good friends just by saying hello...
I keep thinking "if only he had this, then I can do that!" Well, now he can do anything and once again I don't know what to do.
I guess he'll go clone himself and I'll play the clone for awhile.
I'm beginning to think I'm playing this wrong and should do it by generations and stop with the reset age serums and potions and ageless vampires.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#2431 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 10:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Apr 2020 at 10:25 PM.
I got a little bored with the one sim doing the "rags to riches" thing (I'm not following any rules, just took away the money and letting my sim earn it by finding stuff), but decided she needed a partner, and found a perfect vic...uhm... partner for her, Summer Holiday from Willow Creek (she kept coming by, they hit off, barely had a single negative interaction, and were married within a few sim hours). And now they have their first baby (there's a certain tick box in CAS I decided to try out... )

Aaaanyhow, they seem happy enough in their tiny house (around 9x6 in size, I think? Barely room for a kitchen, bathroom and double bed, plus a small garden in the back). And now they have a baby, so it's not long until those 3000 or so they've saved up are gone when they start on the toddler nursery.

At least their frog collection is going fine. They lack 6 frogs, and the house and the inventory is crammed with frogs everywhere because I'm trying to get them to breed up the last ones so I can sell them off (and getting the collection, because my sim has the collector aspiration and I've done the plant collection enough times already). Breeding rare frogs is not the worst way of making money in the game... Painting also helps (but I end up liking too many of their paintings, so they don't get to sell all of them. They do need some decoration, too - I'm not buying them paintings!).
Top Secret Researcher
#2432 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 10:14 PM
Poop. I played a teenage sim to level up before starting the Science career. I was hoping to use MCCC to drop out of high school with impunity, but the mod is glitched and he couldn't drop out. So, the teen sim just didn't go, finally flunked out and he leveled up on aspiration traits quite nicely!
So, ages up to young adult, gets the Science job starting at level 4 cuz "Connections" reward trait, has the "Entrepreneural" reward trait, and he's gonna move up fast, right? Nope! He's bombarded with bad life choices about coming in late, websurfing, etc. (In other words, he's real life me at work). It's such a slog he'll never make level 10 before adulthood.
Bah!!

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#2433 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 11:56 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 27th Apr 2020 at 11:11 AM.
The Grim Reaper mourned the sim who died. I don't think it is possible to upload a video here, but I will take screenshots from the video later and show you the evidence.
Edit: Pictures.
Field Researcher
#2434 Old 1st May 2020 at 12:26 PM
My family just celebrated Christmas, and now spring has started.

Top Secret Researcher
#2435 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:21 AM
Today my alien sim has no energy, hunger, bladder, social or hygiene needs, and while there is nothing to been done about "fun", with the carefree trait that doesn't have any serious effects. He also learns quickly, can beguile, never cause jealousy (reward trait from serial romantic) and a whole bunch of other stuff like 5 star fame and it never decays because of the fame reward trait.
I played an alien just to make it harder.
Now what do I do? He cloned himself using MAL22's CloningMachineOverhaul mod (he was rank 10 in the science career) and the clones made clones until he has a great grand daughter. Not too proud of it, but great grands can have romance interactions and it was the only way to make a future spouse. Shades of Marty and Lorraine!! Yeah, should have just used MCCC to remove the relationship, but that's cheating. Or MCCC woohooer to... that's gross!
Time for a house party, I guess. I'm into new territory here.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#2436 Old 22nd May 2020 at 9:43 PM
Well, I don't know if this is something that was always there or whether it came with a mod I've downloaded...............anyway. A female sim was having her way with 2 best friends, 1 knew about the other but the main "boyfriend" knew nothing. She got pregnant, I had no idea who the father was. I brought the main boyfriend to the hospital when she was in labour as she'd had more woohoo with him so assumed he was the father. When the baby was born-he disappeared off of the hospital lot. I went to his lot that he shared with his friend and he was really angry and had an icon saying "how could you, with my so called friend". I was like "whaaaaaa?" Sooo, I'm guessing the other dude was the father! BUt that's the first time I've actually literally had a jaw drop at a Sims moment! I played for hours that night!
Scholar
#2437 Old 23rd May 2020 at 11:04 PM
I'm seeing how far I can push the love and romance system the game has in place I guess. I'm trying to make a 4 sim poly house where everyone is both friends with and loves each other. It's my first real dip into TS4 and just to make things more interesting for myself gave one sim noncommittal and jealous, and one hot-headed. I guess the trouble is going to be to get the jealous, yet noncommittal sim to be ok with her lovers being together. It's been neat to see things like Maura getting herself a cup of coffee and then making some oatmeal to eat and eating at the table while chatting with her roommates. Or have a sim read a book and drink a cup of milk. I think that all the things are too cheap in build/buy. I haven't gotten the hang of building or decorating yet and I can really see how they were trying to make this a tablet game with the click and drag mechanisms. It's a curious mixture of intuitive for luddites and intuitive for those who've been with the franchise for years.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Top Secret Researcher
#2438 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 11:49 PM
While my sim was out walking his dog, the butler tried to start a fire in the fireplace, and started a fire, but not in the fireplace.
My first thought was, "she's a butler, and will quite able to put out the fire." Nope. She was toast. It's a new house, and I didn't make it otherwise it would have a fire alarm and extinguisher system. My sim had to run back, call the firefighters, and fight the fire himself.
Today I learned:
  • When a Butler dies, the agency immediately sends another butler.
  • If you use the spell to bring your butler's ghost back to life, they're no longer a butler. I guess they are fired.
  • If you hired a maid, she'll clean up most of the mess.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2439 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 11:32 PM
I aged down Nina, Dina, and Don, made Don's parents (Adriana and Nicolo) and kept all of them in the same house for drama. Also, Katrina is now Nighat. In a move surprising everyone, Don is in range to earn both the Good Manners trait and the Responsible trait at the end of week two. Nina and Dina are also in range to earn the Responsible. Maybe the reason Don has success is that he's an indefatigable lover who always remembers to put the seat down and does the dishes. Nina and Dina are responsible because otherwise they'd be single mothers.

Also, Nicolo is reminds me more of Gomez Addams than Morty does. I gave Morty a makeover and now he looks like a hipster vampire, or the average Williamsburg resident. I low-key hate Nighat, she's a lousy mom despite being family oriented and hardly interacts with anyone. Also, when was the last time you had a hot headed sim who didn't start any fights or arguments with anyone? So she's now the sim that does all the repairs in the house and I gave her a Murphy bed and took out the mod that decreases the death risk. Oops.

Scholar
#2440 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:23 PM
This same file, I've recreated the Broke family kind of as they appeared in TS3 as well as the Newbie family with Brandi and Skip as teens (see the Couples' Pics thread). I've played Trigger in 3, I put him in 2 as a single dad with a son, and now I've put him in TS4 as a teen. No matter what game he's in or what age he is, he nearly always turns out to be gay or bi. I've played Don in 2, 3, and 4 and he's always straight. With TS2's attraction system, I've never seen him have even a 1 bolt toward a male sim. Has anyone else observed anything like that?

Field Researcher
#2441 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:54 PM
In my game, every 2 minutes a Sim does a pushup. Not necessarily when I play 1 or 2 sims, but can be very annoying in a group setting, such as at a bar.
Scholar
#2442 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 4:41 PM
I'm going to preface this by saying that of all the toddlers in the franchise, TS4 toddlers are my favorite. TBS, they are currently the bane of my life. The Bella got autonomously pregnant and had Cornelia (this is after I'd aged down Alex to toddler) and getting anyone to care for her in a way that is helpful is really hard. I either have Morty, Bella, and Cassie queuing up to feed her/trying to put her to bed when she's not tired/trying to give her a bath and in the process of picking her up/putting her down and moving out of the way for the next person, she doesn't get her needs met. Oddly, Alex was an easier toddler since he had a defiant streak and wouldn't let them queue jump him if he was interested in what he was doing. He would also go down to the kitchen and demand food from there. Cora is "angelic" and so this happens. I'm aging her up once she reaches level three in potty.

Next up in the rotation are the Landgraabs with their SP baby, Maggie. They have become pretty central to the story so now they get added to my played houses, and moved to New Crest on that large corner lot in the nice neighborhood. I built them a modern eyesore from building plans I found on the internet. I can knock up a Dutch colonial or a frame farmhouse lickety split, but modern builds are tricky for me. It's fun going from the Goths to the Landgraabs because the aesthetics are so different. I edited Geoff, Nancy, and Malcolm to look more like past versions of themselves and now find them quite passable looking. Nancy in particular looks like the blond journalist that covers the Oscars and things for ET.

Scholar
#2443 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 5:59 AM
I hate starting over and so far I have never needed to. But last year I had to reinstall TS4 on my laptop. I made a copy on the TS4 folder before doing so but afterwards I did not find the correct save file again... So I thought the world was lost. Now I have a new desktop running Windows 10 so I installed the TS4 on it and, whit the help of this forum, I did use the Sim Ripper mod to check some of the old save files. I found a save that had all the families and placed a copy on the desktop computer. I think some game progress was lost back then but at least I do not have to start from zero. The laptop is still used for gaming but whit other families.
Top Secret Researcher
#2444 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:15 AM
I'm a newbie to Sims 4 and just installed Seasons and Parenthood. One of my Sim parents immediately refused to do anything, just standing by the bed. I found out about the sim reset so she was fine. Still finding my way through building, having built an inexpert house. I couldn't, for the life of me, build a bay window-type appendage and couldn't get a decent roof on top of a small projection. Whether anyone will ever live in the house is another matter. Too expensive for my current Sims who can't even afford a 2-bedroom nearby. Boy of the family destroyed his sister's school project which was pretty funny. I thought the father would come over and tell him off but he didn't. I've still got lots to learn in this game.
Top Secret Researcher
#2445 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:57 AM
I got bored is what happened to day. I'm looking for something to do that isn't boring. I think I did all the fun stuff 100 times. Can't wait for the new Knit Shit package and my sim can knit in a rocking chair, Cuz that would rock.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#2446 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:52 AM
You guys have such crazy stuff going on, I don't know how my Sims can compete! That being said, my homeless Sim got into a fight with a townie for using the fishing spot by his lot: it's his local source of food, see.

Anyone else here use MCCC?
dodgy builder
#2447 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
Anyone else here use MCCC?

Most of us I suspect.

I have started on yet another palace, because I was working on a really big one when the new expansion came out. Now I have to go back to an old save. Always a bit of a hassel.

I'm also working on a world in TS3, but it's OT in this forum. On top of that I'm learning new skills in character modelling in zbrush this summer ... which is also OT :D
Scholar
#2448 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:05 PM
Volvenom, I wanna hear about your TS3 world. Also how are you doing? Glad to "see" you.

Test Subject
#2449 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:39 PM
I was working on a scene for my simlit. Sometimes I consider playing another save just to play a challenge.
dodgy builder
#2450 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Volvenom, I wanna hear about your TS3 world. Also how are you doing? Glad to "see" you.

I'm hanging around, but it's hard to be on top of the discussion most of the time. I'm wondering about updating my thread in the feedback forum for my world. I just have to find it first I'm posting on my blog though.
Page 98 of 104