Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization (update V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 16th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM by Shimrod101 : Mod updated to V3

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#76 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:00 PM
Do I still need this mod with Game Version 1.0.797.20? Or is this bug fixed in the recent patch?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#77 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:38 PM
Thanks for the update Shimrod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#78 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:01 AM
Love you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Do I still need this mod with Game Version 1.0.797.20? Or is this bug fixed in the recent patch?

It isn't fixed in the patch, no. They reverted the game back to how it was before the Oct.1st patch. So the specific wide jaw squinty eyes when aging males isn't in their game now, but there are the same issues as when the game was brand new.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#80 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:00 AM
Will I get small eyed townies but not small eyed offsprings if I don't download your mod?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Will I get small eyed townies but not small eyed offsprings if I don't download your mod?

Lol. I can't even answer this question. I don't really know what results players are seeing with the newest patch if they are not using this mod. You should be seeing the same as before the Oct.1st. patch since they reverted it back to when the game was brand new.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 7:26 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
#83 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:20 AM
I noticed, at least in V3, that when you select some of the premade faces, the chins are stretched out, distorting the face so that it doesn't match the thumbnail. I didn't check for all ages and genders, but here's the female young adult faces that i noticed:
With Mod:

Without:

With:

Without:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#84 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
I noticed, at least in V3, that when you select some of the premade faces, the chins are stretched out, distorting the face so that it doesn't match the thumbnail.

I think that is the same exact thing trold is mentioning above you. You are right there in Cas right now, making a sim yourself. All you need to do is drag the chin back up and I believe it moves back in place and stays there forever. At least in my testing of this issue, which I have done extensively, that glitch against the preset occurred only once on any sim. It does not reoccur however many times you click some presets, as long as you have manually moved the jaw with the mouse.

Also if I am making a sim, both genders, all ages, if I have zoomed in on the face first and touched the jaw with the mouse to mold the jaw first, the jaw has been locked in place, it doesn't move like that afterwards when I use one of the presets; and I can then do the presets as many times as I want without issue.

Test Subject
#85 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I think that is the same exact thing trold is mentioning above you. You are right there in Cas right now, making a sim yourself. All you need to do is drag the chin back up and I believe it moves back in place and stays there forever. At least in my testing of this issue, which I have done extensively, that glitch against the preset occurred only once on any sim. It does not reoccur however many times you click some presets, as long as you have manually moved the jaw with the mouse.

Also if I am making a sim, both genders, all ages, if I have zoomed in on the face first and touched the jaw with the mouse to mold the jaw first, the jaw has been locked in place, it doesn't move like that afterwards when I use one of the presets; and I can then do the presets as many times as I want without issue.

I'm doing exactly what you said (messing with the jaw manually and then switching to presets) and i'm still getting the same issue. Only with those two faces.
Inventor
#86 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 6:32 PM
Did the pool patch change anything for the better ?
Instructor
#87 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Motoki : 4th Nov 2014 at 8:02 PM.
There's some talk in the official forums that the Nov 4 'pool' patch fixed this issue. For real. But sort of.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-jaw-glitch/p55

Basically TL;DR they are saying it's fixed for aging your sims up (though I suspect they still use the one YA modifier for all as was the case prior to the early October patch) but that townies are still generating looking like identical clones with weird jaws and squinty eyes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 5th Nov 2014 at 12:45 AM.
I've looked at the new Cas Modifiers files and there is another one gone, deleted from the game. The YoungAdultMale file has been removed, which they have apparently done because there were still issues between the YA male and the other three male ages. (Adult, Elder, and Teen males have been using the female files since the previous patch.)

They have altered the Teen, YoungAdult, Adult, and Elder files such that the Female Gender flag has been removed; so these four files are now officially for both genders. And no, there are not separate settings for a male and female sim inside the files in individual settings. So the female and male sim have exactly the same randomizer settings on nose, lips, mouth, etc. The consequence of this is that randomized Townie males will presumably be more similar to females than before; also the issue with the chinless wonder females has not been dealt with in any way. Their solution will result in more and more cloned faces, with different hair, eyebrows and whatnot.

The child still has 2 files, one for male and one for female, and these haven't been altered in the patch.

I have tested with my mod and everything is the same as before, the game is still reading the four files in my mod which EA has deleted from their game; I recommend that users of this mod simply continue using it.

Field Researcher
#89 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I've looked at the new Cas Modifiers files and there is another one gone, deleted from the game. The YoungAdultMale file has been removed, which they have apparently done because there were still issues between the YA male and the other three male ages. (Adult, Elder, and Teen males have been using the female files since the previous patch.)

They have altered the Teen, YoungAdult, Adult, and Elder files such that the Female Gender flag has been removed; so these four files are now officially for both genders. And no, there are not separate settings for a male and female sim inside the files in individual settings. So the female and male sim have exactly the same randomizer settings on nose, lips, mouth, etc. The consequence of this is that randomized Townie males will presumably be more similar to females than before; also the issue with the chinless wonder females has not been dealt with in any way. Their solution will result in more and more cloned faces, with different hair, eyebrows and whatnot.

The child still has 2 files, one for male and one for female, and these haven't been altered in the patch.

I have tested with my mod and everything is the same as before, the game is still reading the four files in my mod which EA has deleted from their game; I recommend that users of this mod simply continue using it.

Thanks, I will certainly keep it in.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thanks for the update Shimrod, this is exactly what I was coming to find out.
Inventor
#91 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 8:43 AM
Thank you Shimrod for the update.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:13 AM
@trold123123:
I have no interest whatsoever in your analizing this so-called issue and your "testing the mod" for the 10 thousandth time. The issue is irrelevant. If a player is making a sim themselves in Cas, the player can take care of themselves. The jaw can simply be placed with the mouse by moulding the sim, this is the way it's supposed to be.

As far as the presets go, everyone knows from the Cas demo that they have to be done first; it isn't possible to begin with the eyes for example, shaping them, and then decide afterwards to select a new preset. All the shaping on the eyes is gone, the preset has wiped it all out of existence. The presets should more or less be avoided if at all possible.

Also these presets are not defined in any way in these CasModifiers files in my mod. It doesn't say "Preset" anywhere, there are no numbers for the presets here. If my mod has an effect on these presets, then so be it. The important part with my mod concerns the randomization used when the game is creating the Townies, and also the aging settings used when the game ages sims in the Live Game; EA has messed these over incredibly. The preset settings the player can choose, or not choose, when in Cas, are optional; the player doesn't even need to use them, they are there as a convenience. The preset wonkiness is of no consequence whatsoever in comparison to these randomizer and aging issues and the bigger picture.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:32 AM Last edited by imkyo : 8th Nov 2014 at 8:46 AM.
If the new patch fixes the aging up and randomizing, what is the benefit of having your mod in?

Edit: I read it again, now I know that it fixes the townie generating too. I can't believe the patch din't fix that!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imkyo
If the new patch fixes the aging up and randomizing, what is the benefit of having your mod in?

According to me, the new patch doesn't fix anything. I have described above how they have removed 4 CaS Modifiers files, the ones for Teen male, YA male, Adult male, and Elder male; removed completely from the game as if they never existed. In the newer thread on the Official Forums, players have already started showing screenies of the results they're getting, which are in the direction of the random generated sims being similar in features, they have created clone city. The variety on the features (shape of nose, or whichever feature) on the generated townies will be 10 times greater when using my mod.
Oh, the thread I'm referring to is here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...y-clone-like/p1

Edit: Yes I've seen your edit now, lol.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 6:56 PM
Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:49 AM
This mod is fine with the Nov.25th patch.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#97 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:14 AM
Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 6:43 PM
Epic! I'm so getting this :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:02 PM
Great
Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:49 PM
Does this still work with latest (Dec. 16) patch?
Page 4 of 6