Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1996 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1884 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 80
Field Researcher
#126 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 6:17 PM
Made with the model of my Sim extracted with your lovely tool
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
Made with the model of my Sim extracted with your lovely tool

Wow, that really is lovely!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 9:53 AM
hi! i succesfully did it and imported it to blender (its the only app i know and i also dont know how to use it haha). how do i add the texture? thank you so much!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#129 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winter-soldier
hi! i succesfully did it and imported it to blender (its the only app i know and i also dont know how to use it haha). how do i add the texture? thank you so much!

Oh boy are you asking the wrong person. I spent hours blundering around in Blender trying to add a texture and have no idea what finally made it work.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#130 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by winter-soldier

Select the mesh in the rig's drop down menu, and click the Material tab.
Create a new material and then select the Texture tab.
Create a new texture, and go to the drop down menu to where it says Image.
Choose open, and import to the image texture from there.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#131 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvbunnyxx2

Thanks, very useful for me too!

Test Subject
#132 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 5:06 PM

thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#133 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Kira_87 : 25th Dec 2019 at 10:33 PM.
Hello! First of all, Merry Christmas and thank you for this tool. I've been trying to figure out how to properly rip my sims with bones and all without pulling my hair too much and it seems like this is exactly what I needed.

However, I am encountering a couple issues and I'd like to report them;

1) I can load the Sims fine so far, but whenever I try to open them I get this error: "Bone not found: 3C3C743C are you using the right rig?"

2) The model loads still, but when I try to save it in DAE, the process gets stuck into an endless saving.

My game is set in Italian and I encountered the same paths issue other people reported: Under Setup it says it cannot find it, but if I leave everything blank my characters load among the default ones. If you need anything specific to check let me know and I will upload whatever sample is required!
Test Subject
#134 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kira_87
Hello! First of all, Merry Christmas and thank you for this tool. I've been trying to figure out how to properly rip my sims with bones and all without pulling my hair too much and it seems like this is exactly what I needed.

1) I can load the Sims fine so far, but whenever I try to open them I get this error: "Bone not found: 3C3C743C are you using the right rig?"

2) The model loads still, but when I try to save it in DAE, the process gets stuck into an endless saving.

My game is set in Italian and I encountered the same paths issue other people reported: Under Setup it says it cannot find it, but if I leave everything blank my characters load among the default ones. If you need anything specific to check let me know and I will upload whatever sample is required!

ciao, Buon Natale anche a te, dunque, io non ho mai avuto nessun problema a importare/esportare i sims dai salvataggi, hai aggiornato il tool? hai magari qualche CC che fa conflitto? Se vuoi puoi mandarmi il tuo salvataggio e vedo se anche a me da problemi. Fammi sapere.
Filippo
Test Subject
#135 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 11:06 AM
A few additional informations in case it's useful:

- Running on Win 7 64bit
- My installation is not in the main Program Files folder, but on another HDD due to space. That might be the reason why the tool says it cannot find the path, even if by default I can see it loading under Setup.
- Tried with and without admin rights, no change.

Quote: Originally posted by FiL
ciao, Buon Natale anche a te, dunque, io non ho mai avuto nessun problema a importare/esportare i sims dai salvataggi, hai aggiornato il tool? hai magari qualche CC che fa conflitto? Se vuoi puoi mandarmi il tuo salvataggio e vedo se anche a me da problemi. Fammi sapere.
Filippo

Ciao e grazie per la risposta! Il tool che ho scaricato è l'ultima versione disponibile (1.8). Ho provato per curiosità con alcuni dei Sim EA che appaiono nei salvataggi, ma mi danno lo stesso problema. Quindi posso escludere, in teoria, le mod che non sono applicate ai modelli originali. Ho il vago sospetto che la causa potrebbe essere, come menzionato sopra, la path diversa da quella di default... in tal caso potrebbe volerci un ulteriore aggiornamento, ma è solo una teoria. L'unica mod che potrebbe affliffere anche i Sim EA è quella HQ. Potrei provare a spostarla per vedere se cambia qualcosa.

Translation:

I indeed downloaded the latest version of the tool available (1.8). Out of curiosity I also tried with some of the original EA Sims that appear in each save along with my own characters, but they gave me the exact same issue. I guess I can exclude, in theory, a problem related to the installed mods since they are not applied to original models. I suspect it might be because of a different installation path... in that case a new update might be required, but this is just a theory. The only mod that probably also affects the EA Sims though, it's most likely the HQ one. I could try to move it out of the mods folder to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Nope, tried taking the mod out and the problem is still there. I also noticed the models take a very long time even to just load, either custom made or default. I have a secondary laptop that I could try using to see if the same issue happens, in order to exclude a conflict with my own system. I'll keep you guys updated.
Test Subject
#136 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 11:20 AM
A few additional informations in case it's useful:

- Running on Win 7 64bit
- My installation is not in the main Program Files folder, but on another HDD due to space. That might be the reason why the tool says it cannot find the path, even if by default I can see it loading under Setup.
- Tried with and without admin rights, no change.

Ciao e grazie per la risposta! Il tool che ho scaricato è l'ultima versione disponibile (1.8). Ho provato per curiosità con alcuni dei Sim EA che appaiono nei salvataggi, ma mi danno lo stesso problema. Quindi posso escludere, in teoria, le mod che non sono applicate ai modelli originali. Ho il vago sospetto che la causa potrebbe essere, come menzionato sopra, la path diversa da quella di default... in tal caso potrebbe volerci un ulteriore aggiornamento, ma è solo una teoria. L'unica mod che potrebbe affliffere anche i Sim EA è quella HQ. Potrei provare a spostarla per vedere se cambia qualcosa.

Translation:

I indeed downloaded the latest version of the tool available (1.8). Out of curiosity I also tried with some of the original EA Sims that appear in each save along with my own characters, but they gave me the exact same issue. I guess I can exclude, in theory, a problem related to the installed mods since they are not applied to original models. I suspect it might be because of a different installation path... in that case a new update might be required, but this is just a theory. The only mod that probably also affects the EA Sims though, it's most likely the HQ one. I could try to move it out of the mods folder to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Nope, tried taking the mod out and the problem is still there. I also noticed the models take a very long time even to just load, either custom made or default. I have a secondary laptop that I could try using to see if the same issue happens, in order to exclude a conflict with my own system. I'll keep you guys updated.

That is not the problem, my installation files are on a 3rd HD, but the saves and all related, are in the default folder "users/fil/documents/electronic arts/sims 4"
Test Subject
#137 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FiL
That is not the problem, my installation files are on a 3rd HD, but the saves and all related, are in the default folder "users/fil/documents/electronic arts/sims 4"

Yeah, my saves are located into the same directory too, but not my mods. Again due to space, I was forced to use a hardlink to create a symbolic connection between the Mods folder in my other HDD and the one in My Documents. The game still recognizes the mods like they are located in the original directory, but as a matter of fact they are not actually there. Not sure if this may also be an issue (although as I mentioned, default Sims give me the same error message and all). I'm going to try on my other computer to exclude a problem with my main system and post an update as soon as I get to it!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#138 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 1:14 PM

1. By 'open' the sim, do you mean select and load it in SimRipper? If SimRipper is giving you that error about the missing bone most likely you have CC that uses a custom rig.

2. Saving in DAE takes a very long time, probably several minutes depending on how fast your computer is. Give it an hour before you decide it's never going to finish.

I see you've worked around the path problem. I'm not sure why, but virtual paths seem to be a problem.

Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 1:20 PM Last edited by Kira_87 : 26th Dec 2019 at 3:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
1. By 'open' the sim, do you mean select and load it in SimRipper? If SimRipper is giving you that error about the missing bone most likely you have CC that uses a custom rig.

2. Saving in DAE takes a very long time, probably several minutes depending on how fast your computer is. Give it an hour before you decide it's never going to finish.

I see you've worked around the path problem. I'm not sure why, but virtual paths seem to be a problem.

Yes, select and load. If I clear out the path thingy under the Setup menu, my models appear normally into the list from the loaded save. However, apart from the bone error I get at the beginning, the program really seemed to get stuck into the saving process. I tried out of curiosity on my other computer with no CC and indeed I had no error and the default Sim exported in DAE after something like 2 minutes maximum. I'm not exactly sure what kind of mod I have installed that may affect the original rig, but I'm going to look into it and write a report about it once it's fixed so that I can help anyone else experiencing the same issue eventually!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#140 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 2:09 PM
Yes, select and load. If I clear out the path thingy under the Setup menu, my models appear normally into the list from the loaded save. However, apart from the bone error I get at the beginning, the program really seemed to get stuck into the saving process. I tried out of curiosity on my other computer with no CC and indeed I had no error and the default Sim exported in DAE after something like 2 minutes maximum. I'm not exactly sure what kind of mod I have installed that affect the original rig, but I'm going to look into it and write a report about it once it's fixed so that I can help anyone else experiencing the same issue eventually!

Possibly the missing bone causes a loop or something while saving DAE - I'll look into it. Thanks!

Test Subject
#141 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 5:00 PM Last edited by Kira_87 : 26th Dec 2019 at 6:59 PM.
I think I found the culprit: it's a head slider replacement that I downloaded some time ago to take closeup shots of Sims showing a more lively expression. The file in question is called NANDONG_OverideSliderHeadJawMouthForTongueCompability. I had saved it under my "body modifications" folder instead of adding it to the one I have for sliders and presets, but the models now load fine without it in my folder and I no longer receive the bone error. If anyone has a similar issue, I suggest to try removing all your custom sliders to see if the ripper works without that specific folder, once you're sure everything loads properly simply try adding the files back in blocks to locate the problematic mod. You can use it with the game still, obviously... as long as you move it for the ripping process.

The amount of time required to export your Sim most likely depends on how many mods the model has. It takes a bit to just open it in the tool because literally everything on the character is modded (skin, eyes, body, hair, makeup, hair, etc). However, I still don't know if the export process is actually working for my custom Sims because It's been a whole hour since I started the process and it's still on the saving screen. There's nothing in the output folder I picked, so it didn't pull out the textures either yet. I wonder if it might be some other mod causing this freezing state, but unfortunately I don't really know where else to look.

EDIT: It seems like the issues may be related to body replacements and probably other mods that I just need to somehow figure out. So it looks like the problem is 100% on my side.
Test Subject
#142 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 8:21 AM

Hello! so i tried to do this today but failed. I did everything you said but my models still have no texture. I added the diffuse map but nothing changed. Is it because I imported them as .obj files? thanks!
Test Subject
#143 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 10:01 AM
Hello!
I managed to export a few characters, so I think the issue with the first one is mostly related to a specific mod the character has (clothes probably). I just tried to import one of the .DAE files I got into Blender and it seems to work properly, so thank you very much for this tool!!

I only have one question: is there a way to get a proper alpha channel on the textures for the hair, or am I missing something? The maps I got are in .png format, but they do not have any transparency.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#144 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 1:59 PM
Hello!
I managed to export a few characters, so I think the issue with the first one is mostly related to a specific mod the character has (clothes probably). I just tried to import one of the .DAE files I got into Blender and it seems to work properly, so thank you very much for this tool!!

I only have one question: is there a way to get a proper alpha channel on the textures for the hair, or am I missing something? The maps I got are in .png format, but they do not have any transparency.

You're right, the composited texture loses any transparency since the hair and clothing textures are layered on the skin. I can try overwriting instead of blending the hair textures, or I can export simglass meshes separately with a separate texture. Let me experiment with it.

Test Subject
#145 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 4:09 PM
You're right, the composited texture loses any transparency since the hair and clothing textures are layered on the skin. I can try overwriting instead of blending the hair textures, or I can export simglass meshes separately with a separate texture. Let me experiment with it.

Thank you for that, take your time though! I could generate an alpha channel myself in Photoshop via channels and editing, which works fine at the moment. Surely, a transparent texture would make things faster and more accurate.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#146 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 7:09 PM
Yes I'll try to help. Appending animations is not difficult:

I can append the animation all right, but in the fifth step I can't find the Action Editor.

This is what I absolutely hate about Blender - there are so many different views and settings and modes and so on, and every time I try to follow a tutorial sooner or later I'm in some other view or haven't selected something that the tutorial hasn't told me how to switch into or select, or it's a different version and everything's different, and I end up lost and ready to throw my keyboard at the monitor.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#147 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 7:23 PM
I can append the animation all right, but in the fifth step I can't find the Action Editor.

This is what I absolutely hate about Blender - there are so many different views and settings and modes and so on, and every time I try to follow a tutorial sooner or later I'm in some other view or haven't selected something that the tutorial hasn't told me how to switch into or select, or it's a different version and everything's different, and I end up lost and ready to throw my keyboard at the monitor.

Blender 2.8 is a little less user-unfriendly but yeah .. its a pain in the ass.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flemmard
Blender 2.8 is a little less user-unfriendly but yeah .. its a pain in the ass.

Yes, THANK YOU.

Anyway, I finally found out how to switch into the dope sheet view, found the action editor, and selected my animation. Now I can't see the sim, she disappeared when I switched into dope sheet with Shift-F12 and I can't find anything to bring her back.

I give up for now. If anyone could post or link me to instructions that tell me how to play an animation showing every single thing I have to click or type like I'm a complete idiot, I'd really appreciate it!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 9:13 PM
I need this program for sims 3 man. Lol
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#150 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 10:47 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 29th Dec 2019 at 11:47 AM.
Okay, I finally was able to see the dope sheet/action editor and the model at the same time. The dope sheet doesn't look like the example and I don't see any way to play the animation.

Edit: Success! Turns out I exported a clip the wrong way in the also confusing S4S interface and got a blank. Still doesn't seem to be any way to play the animation but I can scrub the timeline or dopesheet or whatever it's called.
Screenshots

Page 6 of 80