Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 6:12 PM
Default How to make a safe communtity pool?
Hi.

If the thread is in the incorrect section, please move it.

But as written: how do I make that kind of pool? In my old install (on my laptop) I once made a lot like that and I did place it in Willow Creek. OK, it was in the wintertime but I still wanted to try it out so I let sims from a random household try it out. And it worked well (I did look at some downloads before building and the text always talked about that a lot like that needed some mods in order to work but mine worked just fine). At least until Geoffrey Landgraab showed up. For all I know TS2 and TS3 are the same at this point: When a sim goes out of the pool they changes clothes. But in TS4 they don't seem to do that (and it's also very common to see sims walking around in towels after a visit to the gym). The poor man spent so much time in to little clothing so he turned blue. So after my "test run" I did switch to the Landgraab's household (in Oasis Springs) to check on him. I instantly did become a message about him freezing so I called him home. A few moments after coming home he DIED on the sidewalk! He froze to death because EA did not tweak the game to make the sims change into the correct clothing. And that's no good (I did check the download section but did not find any mods about autonomous change of clothing). But I still want's to have a public pool somewhere in my game but if my sims going to die because they are not able to find better clothes it's not worth it. So does anyone have some tips? Or should I presume that those who build public pools (I have found fantastic lots online) don't have Seasons installed? (BTW, after the accident I did take my own pool out).
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 11:42 PM
I have Seasons and a pool in the gym I placed in New Crest. It hasn't seemed to cause any problems, but it is indoors and the last room in the gym. As far as I can tell, no one uses it except the Varsity Swim Teams. I guess I'll have some teens go hook up on the bluffs and see what happens. It's late fall right now, almost Bonfire Night and though it still gets warm during the day, the nights are down to freezing.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
I have Seasons and a pool in the gym I placed in New Crest. It hasn't seemed to cause any problems, but it is indoors and the last room in the gym. As far as I can tell, no one uses it except the Varsity Swim Teams. I guess I'll have some teens go hook up on the bluffs and see what happens. It's late fall right now, almost Bonfire Night and though it still gets warm during the day, the nights are down to freezing.

Thank you for the input on this.

Well, I guess a indoor pool would could work. The problem is that I can not tell other sims (NPC's) what to do, I can just my active sim/s what to do. Yes, I had sims walk around a world in a towel in the middle of the winter. Annoyingly enough, sims do change clothes while going outside to do something on a residential lot but on a community lot they don't care. Littlemssam's tumblr had a lot of mods but I could not find anything fitting there.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 4:39 PM
An NPC had a party at the pool in Windenburg last night and despite the thermometer showing "Cold" on the UI, nothing bad happened. They swam around, my mischievous sim dared everyone to jump off the diving platform, he asked women in bikinis when they were due, he splashed everyone, and the only thing that has happened in response is he got some nasty texts in the morning from Eliza Pancakes about starting rumors. He prank called her about a shipment of llamas so... I think he's gonna break up the Pancakes and marry her to bug her for the rest of her life. Maybe after he breaks up his roommate from the smoking hot townie he's dating. Jung, agent of chaos, is my current favorite sim.

Scholar
#5 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:58 PM
Several mods come to mind, but no solution for vanilla Sims 4.

From Little Miss Sam you could try the Dress Code lot traits. Seeting a pool lot's dress code to swimwear seems redundant, but iirc dress code lots come with a gadget that goes into your active sim's inventory and that will allow you to switch sims into the desired type of outfit.

MCCC is much more complex, so you might want to download only the basic mod and the McDresser module. MCDresser allows you to click on any sim in the world (with a rare few exceptions like already leaving sims, usually the paper cup carrying tourists in San Myshuno) and change their outfit. The good news is this is an instant re-dress, no spinning animation required. The bad new is, it is a lot of work to oversee all the visitors at your pool lot this way.

An older mod right here from MTS is Change Outfit on inactive sims. It is less intrusive, but it requires sims to do the spinning animation. Personally I find MCDresser a more elegant solution, but if you want to avoid MCCC, you could try this one.

(I do not have Seasons, so I cannot test my suggestsions in my game.)
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 11:04 PM
Maybe Windenberg, being a northern, hilly type area has adjustments to the Sims there to be hardier and less affected by the cold? It certainly has that very large swimming pool as a community lot . None of my Sims, so far, has frozen swimming in that. It came out before Seasons.

Most of my Sims now have about 4 or 5 outfits in every category and appear to change them every day. It's easy to change an outfit by clicking change outfit on the Sim to stop freezing in time.

I did ask the Gurus if they could help if at a festival by my Sims offering the freezing ones a hot cup of cocoa or similar! What we need is some thermos flasks in our inventories!
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 4:40 AM
Most of the sims in attendance were from San Myshuno, Newcrest, and Willowcreek, so I dunno? I have a holiday in winter that I added "polar bear plunge" in as a tradition, so I'll report back after. I had a sim sleeping rough for storytelling in autumn and she turned blue, but defrosted once I woke her up and got her inside.

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Several mods come to mind, but no solution for vanilla Sims 4.

From Little Miss Sam you could try the Dress Code lot traits. Seeting a pool lot's dress code to swimwear seems redundant, but iirc dress code lots come with a gadget that goes into your active sim's inventory and that will allow you to switch sims into the desired type of outfit.

MCCC is much more complex, so you might want to download only the basic mod and the McDresser module. MCDresser allows you to click on any sim in the world (with a rare few exceptions like already leaving sims, usually the paper cup carrying tourists in San Myshuno) and change their outfit. The good news is this is an instant re-dress, no spinning animation required. The bad new is, it is a lot of work to oversee all the visitors at your pool lot this way.

An older mod right here from MTS is Change Outfit on inactive sims. It is less intrusive, but it requires sims to do the spinning animation. Personally I find MCDresser a more elegant solution, but if you want to avoid MCCC, you could try this one.

(I do not have Seasons, so I cannot test my suggestsions in my game.)

Thank you, this was helpful. Of the mods mentioned I think I will try the " Change Outfit on inactive sims" first. I did search the mods but I must have missed that one. I do not know what patch versions I'm on so I think I will go whit version 4 on both installs (I do have the game on two computers).
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 8:56 PM
I was building a pool venue on Sims yesterday and I spent so much time agonizing over the realistic safety measures of a pool and playground center, spending lots of time putting up gates and fences and areas for parents to supervise children... and now I'm realizing that I should give some consideration to the actual safety of the stupid pixel people that are totally going to visit in the wintertime. Thanks for the reminder to keep this stuff in mind, too, honestly!