Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 10:35 PM Last edited by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree : 29th Jul 2020 at 8:00 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Solved! (go to the last post) Making the windowed mode slightly bigger?
I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Win10 64bit. For now it only works in windowed mode, but for me it's unplayable - it covers less than 50% of my already small laptop screen. I tackled with Graphics rules setting everything to 3 and to my resolution (1920x1080). In graphics options in the game I only get one option for the screen size. Is there any solution for this? I wish the window would cover the whole screen or be in full screen mode.

Oh, btw. I tried the whole -w, - f, -w -r[resolution] and only -w works. For everything else I get the DirectX 9.0 error.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 11:45 PM
In game, go to screen resolution and try the largest one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:30 AM
Did you edit the graphics rule in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config ? And did you move it to the desktop to edit, then back? And you saved it as .sgr and not .txt?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Did you edit the graphics rule in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config ? And did you move it to the desktop to edit, then back? And you saved it as .sgr and not .txt?

@HugeLunatic I saved it as .sgr in its name automatically but it's still considered a text file. I don't know how to save it as its original file.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In game, go to screen resolution and try the largest one.

@joandsarah77 I specifically mentioned that I have only one option for resolution and it's 300x something, very small anyway. I forgot to provide a screenshot, sorry if I was not clear enough.
Inventor
#6 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 10:00 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 29th Jul 2020 at 8:30 PM. Reason: fixed link
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
@joandsarah77 I specifically mentioned that I have only one option for resolution and it's 300x something, very small anyway. I forgot to provide a screenshot, sorry if I was not clear enough.

Try running the game with some program, like Borderless Gaming, you can download it here
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 2:21 PM
I saved it as .sgr in its name automatically but it's still considered a text file. I don't know how to save it as its original file.

Greets!

When you save it in Notepad, change the drop-down menu (Save as type:) to "All files (*.*)", rather than "Text Documents (*.txt)". This prevents it from adding the .txt extension.

GS
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 7:34 PM
Guys it did it! After changing resolution in Graphics Rules I just changed my Target in Properties to - f. Now it's full screen