Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Deleted Downtown
I deleted a standard game Downtown. I don't have any in that hood anymore. The thing is, my sims still occasioanally get calls of sims inviting them to go to Downtown. I never tried accepting them, it kind of scares me to try. Also sims might roll a want to go there.
I tried searching on Google and here but I didn't find anything on this specific thing. I didn't know at the time I deleted my Downtown about graves and game corruption, and I've been playing for a while, so I'm not going to go back to when it was there.

My question is, what should I do now? Should I create another one? Is it ok to just create the same one again or should I make a custom one? And if anybody had this thing happen, what happens if an invitation to go there is accepted?

If noone can help I'll probably try to backup the hood and test things myself, though I'm still quite a new player and don't understand much...
I hope I posted this correctly and if not I'm really sorry!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 1:41 PM
I always back my Sims 2 folder or at least my towns up before adding any new districts to one of the towns just in case I make a mistake like that or wasn't ready to add a district or added the wrong type by mistake.I alos use a UI hack that fixes the subhood selection so I don't even need the default downtown or shopping district activated to activate my own downtown or shopping district when that Mod removed that from the requirements.You should go to a back up or move your folder to a safe location and let the game create a new one and use the neighborhoods folder from the new folder as a replacement for your old one in your custom folder.I'd make a new folder and move the Sims 2 game folder into that new folder temporarily to do this to get a neighborhoods folder that I can use to get back into the gameand make sure to back these things up i the future before making any more changes like that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:47 PM
Random calls is usual game mechanic if you have Nighlife installed and happens always even without added Downtown. If you have suitable community lot in main hood you can do outing there or use Cyjon's mod "no random calls/outings" what will stop them.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 10:04 PM
Midgethetree also has a mod that allows you to successfully accept invitations to Downtown even if you don't have a Downtown, IIRC, if you want to do it that way.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Midgethetree also has a mod that allows you to successfully accept invitations to Downtown even if you don't have a Downtown, IIRC, if you want to do it that way.

Midgethetree's "Downtown Welcome Wagon Outside Downtown"
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/tag...n-welcome-wagon
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:21 PM
I haven't gotten the calls for downtown outings for ages and I am playing UC so I should be getting them if I wasn't using hacks to remove annoying phone calls like the downtown outing invitations when there's no downtown in Dodge yet as it's only been around about a year and there's only two couples living there.