Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 3:06 PM
I cannot get weerbesu's More than One Column mod to display properly in my game
Hello fellow simmers,

I am struggling to make the extra columns mod work in my game. I grabbed the mod directly from weerbesu's patreon and have tried all 3 versions. However, none of them seem to be working in my game. I also place it directly in my mod folder, not in a subfolder.

Here is a screenshot of what shows when I try either of the three options:

My screen resolution is 1920x1080. Maybe that's the issue? It's too wide? My monitor is a Samsung 24" Gaming Curved Monitor with 144Hz Refresh Rate.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 4:55 PM
When did you download it? the patch from 3 days ago broke it and it required an update
check if the dates of the file you've got is older than 23/07 and redownload if that's the case
https://www.patreon.com/posts/27751117
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 8:31 AM Last edited by mskeishamskeisha : 29th Jul 2020 at 11:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
When did you download it? the patch from 3 days ago broke it and it required an update
check if the dates of the file you've got is older than 23/07 and redownload if that's the case
https://www.patreon.com/posts/27751117

Thanks Keren! I grabbed it yesterday

Edit:

The mod is finally working for me.

I wanted to create a master thread to make things easier for fellow simmers by sharing what worked for me and what worked for others in case someone else is having the same problem.

1. So apparently I tried deleting my cache files. I followed this guide from Carl's Sims 4 Blog. This could be an issue for anyone reading this Deleting the cache is helpful if you've been having trouble starting up the game, experiencing some hiccups, having issues with a mod, or been struggling with your save file. I feel so silly for realizing that something as simple as deleting the cache could resolve your issues lol!

2. Repairing your game file via Origin. Personally, I didn't do this as I tried deleting the cache instead. However, I came across one thread that mentioned trying to repair the game - this could be helpful for some of you.

3. As Keren & Weerbesu mentioned make sure you have the updated version of the mod to match the patched version of your game. This was an issue I noticed some of the people mentioned in their comments on his patreon. If you noticed Weerbesu mentions that his mod was patched to work with the latest version of the game, and therefore it will not work with older versions. It seems like a no brainer, but sometimes simmers get too enthusiastic that they miss the finer print (I know I've done this before with other mods). So bottom line is always make sure that the mod you have is compatible with the version of your game - if a mod is very old you could try updating it with the Sims 4 Studio, but chances are you can always find a replacement for something better.

I hope one of these tips helps you get this mod (or other mods) working in your game.

As for which column to choose, here's what weerbesu states on his patreon:

1. 3 column option: not recommended if your resolution is lower than 1280x720.

2. 4 column option: not recommended if your resolution is lower than 1600x900.

3. 5 column option: not recommended if your resolution is lower than 1920x1080.

Lastly, there is always the option to play with the UI scaling. Weerbesu mentions that this is something that could work for you.

Happy simming everyone