Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 4:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is your UC really....UC? If you have Origin....
Greets!

I got the UC from Origin when it first came out.

It has 1 exe in the Fun with Pets SP9 folder.

I got rid of Origin so it was not updated later on. (The Holiday Pack needed to be updated)

However, my understanding the update gave you Securom.

With the inability to run Sims 2 without Origin.

So could someone with Origin and UC....at the present time, tell me if they added all the other exe's?

Otherwise people saying they have UC, really do not.

Does it really matter? No.

But it would allow later users of Origin to run "earlier" versions if they wanted to check for compatibility issues.

I really don't like comparing apples to oranges.

So, once again, if you're a present user of Origin with an unmodified UC, do you have the other exe's (Which will also include the update exe's as well)?

Appreciate the come back!

GS
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 4:47 PM
If you want to run an earlier version of the game, Any Game Starter https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=604873 allows you to do that. The UC version always needs to have Mansions and Gardens active, because that's the only .exe included in the UC.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 5:22 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying/asking. I downloaded UC from Origin when it first came out. I quickly changed my game so that it ran from the executable without having to start Origin. That was simple to do back then by simply running from the Sims2EP9.exe directly. I haven't started Origin in several (5?) years now.

There are ZERO executables in my SP9 folder.
There are two executables in my CSBin folder (PackageInstaller.exe and TS2BodyShop.exe).
There are four executables in my TSBin folder (Sims2EP9.exe, TS2UPD.exe, TS2UPD0.exe, TS2UPD16.exe).

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:48 PM
Thank You Ovenhole,

Interesting, so you're saying the exe for each game will have no bearing on compatibility issues.

The newer exe's simply "are aware" of the newer "add-ons" and can use them "if" they are present.

Or to put it another way, newer exe's are backwards compatible, but, may NOT, be forward compatible.

Okay, that makes sense.

Thanks Ovenhole.

----------------------------------------------------
Thank You HobbesED,

I erred on saying 1 exe for UC, it does indeed have 3 update exe's.

As well as Sims2.exe plus 2 updates, but none of the other exe's.

I believe when you read my answer to Ovenhole you'll understand my confusion about UC being used for compatibility issues.

That being said, you might want to verify your H05.bundle.package & H06.bundle.package + Skins.package in Base game are all 2006.

Otherwise you'll want to update them with the Happy Holiday Stuff pack.

Thanks for your answer, excuse the confusion on my part....;-)

GS
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Aug 2020 at 9:55 PM.
I'm interested in what you're saying, but I am having trouble following you. I, also, downloaded UC as soon as I was offered it and then never went through Origin again (probably the same config as HobbesEd). I have everything the game includes, yet you seem to be saying things are missing, or it's, somehow, not really UC, or I misunderstand you? I don't know what other exe files you are speaking of, other updates?

My understanding is that the original Sims2EP9.exe had Securom and it was removed with this update which is when the exe began to require the call to Origin. https://crinrict.com/blog/2017/11/s...es-securom.html

Beyond that, I don't know what the updates did, but I've never heard anyone say they actually fixed anything or added content. Or are you wondering if people who have different updates might experience different issues with the game? Or.... what do you mean?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:15 PM
Greets Sunrader,

For those that got UC from Origin early and then kicked out of Origin.

"We" didn't get the later updates or update. I don't know which.

However I found out we (yes you, if you got it early) are missing the combined Holiday pack.

It reduces the number of meshes due to duplicates, but adds 50 other pieces of clothes, hair, etc.

As to why I want to know about "UC" I've come to find out that NONE of the websites claiming to have the UC, do NOT.

They are put together using Discs and as I have checked out a couple, are missing files.

So when someone comes up saying they have UC but can't find a certain file, I'll know why....;-)

GS
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:31 PM
The UC from EA/Origin has everything, including the holiday stuff.  Mine is fully patched.  The UC has only ever had a single .exe to run the game, from M&G.

If you get your UC from anywhere other than Origin it is piracy.
Alchemist
#8 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:36 PM
I see the issue now. Apparently, at some time, the holiday clothes were not enabled to show in the catalog even though they were there in the files, so, I guess, if this is an issue, you could just enable them. https://moonkistsims.tumblr.com/pos...-happy-holidays
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 11:27 PM
Sorry HugeLunatic,

You are wrong.

The initial download for UC from Origin was missing 50 pieces from the Holiday set.

That's what I got, also I did a "complete" set of custom (no weird Flags allowed) hiders from all the skins packages. Total: 6658

I had to create 50 hiders after "correcting" the issue Total: 6708

From Sunrader's URL it becomes obvious they updated the H05 & H06 packages but didn't realize the Skins package needed swapping as well.

Not a biggie, I just like my Ducks lined up.

Personally, I HATE the Holiday crap....;-)

GS
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 4:14 AM
I'm still trying to understand...

On my pre-UC (disk) version of TS2, I had Happy Holiday Stuff installed.
H05.bundle.package 10/09/2006 11:32 AM 48,326 KB
H06.bundle.package 10/09/2006 11:32 AM 31,977 KB
Skins.package 10/09/2006 11:32 AM 4,321 KB

On my UC installed TS2...
H05.bundle.package 10/16/2005 07:30 AM 48,702 KB
H06.bundle.package 10/09/2006 04:39 PM 31,977 KB
Skins.package 10/16/2005 07:30 AM 4,020 KB

So are you saying that because those files are different between the two that I don't have all the Holiday Stuff in my UC game?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:18 PM
Apparently there's a bug in one (or more?) of the Holiday files in the UC that makes some of the files not show up properly. From what I read it's fixed by swapping the file(s?) for the working ones, if you have access to them (like if you have them on the original CDs or some such). Could be the Skins file. I'm not sure why the H05 bundle would be bigger on the UC version, though. It's the same sizes on my UC game, but different dates (2015, I think my game has all dates set to the update).

I have no clue why this is such a big problem for the OP, though. If some of the files aren't showing up, why go through all the trouble of making them show up (or figuring out why they weren't showing up) only to hide these files again?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:34 PM
Yes HobbesED,

You are missing 50 more Holiday items.

Yes, the skins package and H05 bundle need to be swapped out.

Also, I misspoke that they updated both bundle packages. Neither were. (But only one needs to be)

Simmer22, the file is smaller, due to duplicated items that were deleted when they merged both Holiday packs.

The reason Moonkiss thought it was just the Skins package, was due to the items he checked were the duplicates.

He may get in trouble if H05 wasn't replaced.

Are we good?....;-)

GS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:07 PM
I have no clue why this is such a big problem for the OP, though. If some of the files aren't showing up, why go through all the trouble of making them show up (or figuring out why they weren't showing up) only to hide these files again?

Having UC fully functional (and knowing if it's a disc or true UC version) provides a common baseline of understanding if problems arise.

Recently I attempted to help Prime with crashing issues.

I didn't take into account he's on Windoz 10. (I'm still using 7)

Well, I now know what a can of worms it can be to get Sims 2 working on 10.

Do you know the difference between how bodyshop vs the Games handles hiders.

Or what they do when you hide all clothes and hairs? Bodyshop gets....confused.

I wonder how many of you know that the Maxis teen sim wearing the light brown mini skirt is corrupt?

Putting in hiders will cause her body to blow-up.

That turning on all categories in a pf package will light up all categories for pf in game, but not bodyshop.

Doesn't do you any good of course unless you have hacks to make this useful in game.

The Game UI was made to be flexible, bodyshop was not.

Lets just say I find it entertaining.....;-)

GS
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Savagegrace
Or what they do when you hide all clothes and hairs? Bodyshop gets....confused.
I wonder how many of you know that the Maxis teen sim wearing the light brown mini skirt is corrupt? Putting in hiders will cause her body to blow-up.
That turning on all categories in a pf package will light up all categories for pf in game, but not bodyshop.
Doesn't do you any good of course unless you have hacks to make this useful in game.
The Game UI was made to be flexible, bodyshop was not.

Bodyshop was never particularly flexible. The categories weren't updated since Seasons or thereabout (to make way for outerwear), possibly BV. After that it doesn't seem they made a lot of changes.

Toddlers don't have access to all categories in Bodyshop, not even if you turn them on with SimPE (or any other methods). Some kind of hard-coded mess in the program, I guess. Most of the categories will be turned off if you make recolors with them, so there's really no point in trying to beat the system - the clothes will have to be edited in SimPE/similar if you want to add any additional categories. If you try to add babies the "easy" way to files, the age will be deleted (but there are editable ways around that, too - but has to be done the "hard" way mostly via SimPE). I do have hacks to turn on various categories for toddlers and babies, so they do at least some good in my game.

How do you expect to get anything done in Bodyshop if you hide everything (assuming you don't put in CC)? If there's nothing to work with, I'm not surprised Bodyshop would get confused. Then again, I don't play much with hiders. I use some of the EAxis stuff, and use texture replacements (and the occasional mesh replacement) for the things I'd otherwise rarely use. Other people use default replacements to completely replace it.

The sim with the mini skirt - first time I hear about it, but then again I don't know which sim you're talking about (CAS template? Sim in neighborhood?)