Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 8:38 PM
Default A mod, cheat or a way to remove celebrity status
It iritates me in sims that you can become famous in such an easy way. I have a poor family where every family memeber is 2 or 3 star celebrity including children because one of them befriended a celebrity, wich doesn't make sence. Like i said in the title, is there a mod, cheat or a way in the game to remove celebrity status. I have a problem with Master controller crashing on startup although i downloaded a version that matches to my patch (1.36). When i use "testingcheatsenabled true" and click on the sim everyting exept setting a celebrity star level shows up. So...any other suggestions.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 8:47 PM
You can do this using Story Progression and Master Controller:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/The+Celebrity+System
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 9:43 PM
You can remove the celebrity status with mastercontroller and the mastercontroller cheats module.It is unlikely that the mod causes a crash.Have you installed the progression module without having installed theStoryprogression? Cause that could make your game crash.Why are you on a so old game patch?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
You can remove the celebrity status with mastercontroller and the mastercontroller cheats module.It is unlikely that the mod causes a crash.Have you installed the progression module without having installed theStoryprogression? Cause that could make your game crash.Why are you on a so old game patch?

I've installed the base mod and the cheats and that crashed my game. Because whenever i download a 1.67 patch from EA site when i open a game the launcher says i have the version 00.000000... and wont open when i click on play,so its better to play with an old patch. Plus launcher says my game is alredy up to date.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 1:16 PM
there are many problems as i can see,and your problem isn't the mods you try to install,your main problem is version 00.000000.cause there is not such a version. Why would you patch your game to 1.67? Ä°f you launch your game with the launcher origin patches your game to 1.69. Ä°f you want to stick with patch1.67,then you must have a disc version of the base game which is released early in 2009,and you must have the discs for all the expansion packs you want to install.Then you can patch with the super patcher to1.67. I would like to help you more,but i need more information.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 4:51 PM
In options for the game (I think it's on the last tab?) there is a box you can check to "opt out" of the celebrity system for your family.
You can also (i think it's) shift click a sim and change celebrity status if you are using "testingcheatsenabled true"
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 6:17 PM
In the first post, the poster mentions her/his patch level being(1.36),then in the second post says that when attempting to download the(1.67) patch the launcher says he/she has the launcher version(00.000000) and refuses to open.Plus the launcher says the game is already up to date.Now when i say that there is a bigger problem here,then just removing the celebrity status wouldn't solve the problem,am i wrong? Please tell me which part you disagree.Cause i really have a hard time to understand.I'm a simmer like 16 years have encountered many game problems,so i thought that maybe i could be helpful.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
In the first post, the poster mentions her/his patch level being(1.36),then in the second post says that when attempting to download the(1.67) patch the launcher says he/she has the launcher version(00.000000) and refuses to open.Plus the launcher says the game is already up to date.Now when i say that there is a bigger problem here,then just removing the celebrity status wouldn't solve the problem,am i wrong? Please tell me which part you disagree.Cause i really have a hard time to understand.I'm a simmer like 16 years have encountered many game problems,so i thought that maybe i could be helpful.

Well removing the celebrity status would solve 90% of the problem, i only need the new patch for downloading sims,mods,and more skins, i just said that i cant change it by using "testingcheatsenabled true" because i have patch 1.36 and thats how it started. But i would be happy if we also solve the patch problem,but like i sad, its not very necessarily. I'm a simmer like 9 years but i've played sims 2 the most and i'm more skiiled for sims 2,i've started playing sims 3 two monts ago and played briefly 5 years ago.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
Well removing the celebrity status would solve 90% of the problem, i only need the new patch for downloading sims,mods,and more skins, i just said that i cant change it by using "testingcheatsenabled true" because i have patch 1.36 and thats how it started. But i would be happy if we also solve the patch problem,but like i sad, its not very necessarily. I'm a simmer like 9 years but
i've played sims 2 the most and i'm more skiiled for sims 2,i've started playing sims 3 two monts ago and played briefly 5 years ago.

Could you answer par questions please? 1-Which expansion packs do you have? 2-Are they disc copies or have you bought them from Origin? 3-How do you launch your game? 4-How is your framework setup?
5-Could you attach a picture of your Mods folder in halt?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 11:50 PM
1-All from World Advantures to Diesel Stuff including stuffpacks.
2-Disc copies.
3-I launch my game by clicking on the icon on my desktop,then launcher appears and i click Play.
4-The newest way.
5-Here it is,i like to keep it organized...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:58 AM Last edited by baturhulya : 20th Aug 2016 at 3:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
1-All from World Advantures to Diesel Stuff including stuffpacks.
2-Disc copies.
3-I launch my game by clicking on the icon on my desktop,then launcher appears and i click Play.
4-The newest way.
5-Here it is,i like to keep it organized...

Thank you for the information.From your statement above ,i understand that you have World Adv.-Ambitions-Late Night-Generations-Pets and Show Time expansions.The stuff packs are not important here.There are some things in your well organised Mods folder that are not right.1-You need an Overrides folder.2-You have a C.Merged Package and a C.Merged decrapped Package,they shouldn't be here.You must not decrapp your C.Merged file.This file must be in your D.C backup folder.If you have store content as package files,you can place a copy of your c.merged file in your Overrides folder.3-You don't need to have all your KT fixes packages here if you are using your store content as package files,but if your store content is sims3 Packs than the place is right,but the packages are not.You only need KT store fix-decrap Fixes,and KT Store Fix-Fixes, decrapped. 4-What is in your mods folder and what is in your Defaults folder? 5-You have a sims folder in your Mods-Packages folder,if those are downloaded sims,then this shouldn't be here.Downloaded sims must be in saved sims folder.
Lastly please tell me on which Patch Level you want to be so that i can try to help you further.I do understand that your priority is a working mod for the Celebrity Status ,but i think that is not possible if you don't have a working folder.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:10 PM
I think making use of the disagree button in a discussion thread is understandable,cause opinions may differ.But in a help thread it would mean that the given information is wrong,and if you think that it is wrong,then please step in and enlighten us,for which i would be very grateful.Unless you don't make it clear why you disagree,i will think that you pushed that button because you could, and will never know what my mistake is.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:37 AM
Sorry for the late reply,i did what you told me but my game crashed,anyway thanks for trying to help me . I still didn't update my game but i was scrolling though the versions of master controller and downloaded version 1.31-1.36. I didn't test it i only know that my game didn't crashed in the start like when i had 1.36, i hope it works i need it also for changing baby clothes and more. As for the patch i only now need it for downloading sims (its useful for mods but i dont download them) ,speaking of downloading sims i know that they have to be placed in "SavedSims" but once a girl told me that i have to place them i mods,and that was wrong so that folder is emty now lol. In my defaults folder are skins,ea hair texture replacemnts and eyes,nothing special. I have alot of folders but every has about 10.15 files exept clothes and hair. :P