Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Audrey : 21st Oct 2009 at 10:04 AM.
Default Chase Crawford - *rejected*
PiiinoyJerome requested this sim. You all know the drill. Thanks

Before anyone comments on the eyebrows. They are the best I can do for him and they can't be moved further out. :P
Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:38 PM
nostrils higher, a little bit wider head, other eyes and his nose bridge looks a little bit too thick but your very close to the original
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:39 PM
The eyebrows are atrocious. He won't be accepted with them.
Maybe Daluved can help.

The eye shape isn't right ecspecially on the ends. They need to come to a point.

the nose is too long.

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:49 PM
Daluved, where are you when I need you? Can you make some decent thick male brows that don't look like they are going to meet in the middle?

I have tried every eye shape in the bunch and there is no way I am able to get that tight end corner. Anyway, here is the latest with as much of the suggestions as I could incorporate.
Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Banned
#5 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:27 AM
Pretty good, but the face looks too chubby.
Haha, those eyebrows are so distracting. It makes it really hard to see a likeness.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 1:19 AM
The jaw needs to be longer :D

And I'll see what I can cook up in the way of eyebrows

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:59 AM
Those eyebrows are sooooooooo distracting! XD

The nose is the right size, its just missing the definition his nose has.

Mah Facebook
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 6:13 AM
Yes right the eyebrows
and rotate the eyes that the gonna be strait
and r cobleigh109 said it already the definition of the no

just call me jerome ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:07 AM
It's impossible to get the right shaped nose for Chase as it looks like his nose is uneven at the bridge.

Yes, the eyebrows - thanks Daluved, if you can come up with something.

Piiinoy if I rotote the eyes up , then he does not get that slanting, sleepy-eyed look. With the tools in CAS it is impossible to narrow the ends of the eyes like his are.

Personally I think he is very hard to get perfect and I may have to zip what I have got and e-mail him to you as is.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:16 AM
Very good likeness already, Audrey!

Slightly lighter eyes
a little bit squintier eyes
slightly thinner cheeks

~ Nyn ~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
Piiinoy if I rotote the eyes up , then he does not get that slanting, sleepy-eyed look. With the tools in CAS it is impossible to narrow the ends of the eyes like his are.

I'm not sure if this will work...but just an idea: could you possibly adjust the eyelids and the eyelid height to the correct narrowness for the outside corners, then adjust the eye apex to make the inside of his eyes taller? It might not be perfect (and of course may look just plain weird!) but maybe it will at least give the illusion of narrowing at the outside corners.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone, I will try all your ideas when I get home from work. I agree, he looks plain chubby, needs much more of a lean look.

ST, I think I have tried every combination of eye tweak there is, but I will go back to the drawing board on the eyes. Why did EA not give us eyes that narrow on the outside of the eye?

But, he will continue to look unlike Chase until I get better eyebrows. I find the ones that EA gave us don't distort the eye, like the ones that have been custom-made.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 8:13 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 8th Sep 2009 at 9:29 PM.
My game is refusing to render textures properly...but I assure you they look better than that... :D

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Alaina_theCrawfordBrow.rar (135.1 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:25 PM
Daluved, I absolutely love you. You are a darling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:26 PM
Well, these are the only new eyebrows I could find in my CAS, but they still don't look quite right. Daluved what do you think?
Screenshots

Mother Function
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:29 PM
Are those mine? I could have sworn mine were thinner than that...

Edit: I put the dds texture in there so you can edit it if you need too

Inventor
#17 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:33 PM
Nose less wide and the eyes a bit less tilted. Less wide head too. Looks good!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 10:36 PM Last edited by Audrey : 8th Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM.
I think I found your eyebrows. They look soooo much better. Thanks a mill.
Screenshots

Mother Function
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
Fabulous :D

Anyhoos, his eyes are too close together. His jaw needs to be more heart shaped, and his ears need to be rotated out some

Inventor
#20 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:35 AM
Are you using too much nose definition or is just your graphics?
Instructor
#21 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:01 AM
Eyes are too close together and I think you need different hair. The part is on the wrong side. It kinda throws off his look.

I looked for a hair on mysims3blog.blogspot.com, but I couldn't find one. :/

Mah Facebook
Inventor
#22 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:02 AM
Take a look at these blogs for a new hair:
http://cazyxdarkplace.blogspot.com/
http://saviostuff.blogspot.com/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 7:34 AM
Unfortunately they only look close together because the eyebrows are close together. If you look at the distance his actual eyes are apart, they are spot on.

Thanks Anubis, I download these hairs. I think they will work. One of them will suit my Taylor Momsen sim. We can do nothing about the parting, but at least we can get a better hair style.

I am using nose definition to disguise the fact that his nose is a bit irregular, so no, it's not my graphics, LOL.

Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 1:37 PM
now the Eybrows are perfect ^^
I think the cheek is a little it to fat

just call me jerome ^^
Mother Function
retired moderator
#25 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 1:39 PM
As you sculpt the face, you may need to go back and change the eyebrows to make them further apart. It's really a simple texture edit and you could do it....or I could do it...whatever is easier

Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info
Page 1 of 3