Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 4:46 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 15th May 2010 at 3:46 PM.
Default Henry VIII & his Wives--Gabled Hood WORKS!!!
I started working on this sim awhile ago, but I just can't get him right. I know that the head isn't long enough, but I can't seem to make it longer.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 6:49 PM
bring the chin down as far as it can go, chin down a bit, a bit less nose mass.

I have to say, this is an awesome start.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:13 PM
The chin is as far down as it can go; my jaw sliders aren't working, and I haven't figured out what's causeing the conflict yet. *All other sliders work. I'll try making his head more narrow and see how that works.

I'm on the lookout for some better brows now, and I've downloaded all the eyebags and wrinkles I can find.

I'm using the medieval clothing for now, until I can find or get the time to make him something more lavish. If anyone knows where I can find necklaces for men, preferably that look like heavy chains, please let me know!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:28 PM
He's a great start! Re the sliders, usually the jaw sliders not working are a result of having installed extra sliders and there being too many in the Head section for the default game to support - the jaw sliders are always the first ones to stop working from what I've seen. Do you have any custom sliders in there? If so, there's a mod on this site somewhere that increases the number of slots you can have, or else use Awesomemod which also increases the limit.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:19 PM
EE! Henry = my LIFE. VERY good likeness, are you going to make his wives? I would agree the posters above, but very good start.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 1:12 PM
I still haven't fixed my sliders yet, so the jaw isn't fixed. Made a few other tweaks.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 3:06 PM
Ha ha, because I made my hat to fit over hair, it looks weird on a baldy guy because it sticks out too much. I could knock out a narrowed-down version for him if you want. I think he looks fantastic, it's just the problem of the jaw being too high that's holding him back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 4:20 PM
Esmeralda, I would TOTALLY love a smaller hat for him, since the shape is perfect. It's pretty close to the pics of him. I'm working on the sliders now, trying to figure it out. I have jonha's sliders for sure, and a bunch of others... they used to work, but I replaced awesomemod with Twallan's stuff and didn't realize that they didn't all still work. Gotta get the expander thiny or dump some of my sliders for now.

Thanks for the feedback!
Inventor
#9 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 5:15 PM
jonha has a slider hack in this set.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 7:48 PM

Here's the update, I just went back to AM since I've got the latest patch (Doh!). Sliders all work now. What do we think?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:12 PM
He's fantastic, the lowered jaw has been a big help. He just needs the bottom of his chin reshaped to be more rounded and not so flat, and try the Under Lip Slider (I think it's called) to see if you can tone down the stretched bit under his lip. I like him, he looks so imperious and kingly and mean! Will try to modify the hat when I get a chance, maybe later tonight or tomorrow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 17th Apr 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Here are some in game shots. I changed his beard to the heavier one, I think maybe it looks better. I tried to fix the chin/underchin area, but I had to push his chin almost all the way in. Now there is no shadow, but maybe it looks weird?

And the CAS shot.

What do you guys think?

Here is with some different eyebags:

And one with him gleefully plotting to cut off Anne Boleyn's head:

He also has the EA half bald hair on.
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:11 PM
he looks great in game. I like the heavier beard, but make the brown part a bit closer to grey. I prefer the first eyebags.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 1:04 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 18th Apr 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Oh, he looks fantastic in-game! Here's a smaller-brimmed version of the hat, see if it fits him OK: [EDIT: removed upload now that you've got it!]
Have to go to bed now (it's after 1:00am where I am), I'll check in the morning to see if the hat needs any adjusting or fixing and to see how Henry's progress is going!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 18th Apr 2010 at 9:06 PM.
Thanks to Esmeralda, this hat fits so much better. Even with the balding hair still on!! :D

**It would appear that I need to make his hair more strawberry blonde than brown, to be more histrically accurate. Don't know how it will look, but I'll give it a try.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Ahlaam21 : 18th Apr 2010 at 9:39 PM.
Blondish? What do we think?

AND a sneaky peek of Katherine of Aragon:
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#17 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 10:12 PM
You are doing so well on this Sim!

I like the shade of his hair now, but I think it could go just a touch darker.

I really think you should play up the bags around his eyes because his, at least in the source pic, are massive! LOL! His lids are quite heavy on top, and with the eyebrows raised so much, you aren't getting that effect either. Maybe if you used a higher eyebrow to begin with, you won't need to raise them as much. I'm more than willing to help in that area if you decide you want to change them and can't find any.

@Esmerelda, your hat is wonderful! It really gives the appearance of the times.

I've just been checking out that source pic, and Henry VIII's nosebridge is quite narrow there, so maybe bring your in a bit.

Just an FYI, Jonha has a new slider to make the head longer or more sqished.

He really does look great!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 10:25 PM
Oh that's great, I'm glad the resized hat sits well on him! If I remember from when I was a Tudor history fanatic as a young lass, Henry's hair was ginger, a sort of darkish strawberry blonde/light red, a fiery hair colour to go with his fiery temper! He's looking great. Regarding Katherine of Aragon, she looks good, just her mouth looks maybe a bit too high/too near her nose and chin a bit long, hopefully just moving the mouth down a tad should fix both.

@Simmiller: All credit for that hat goes to the wonderful bettye, who created it for TS2 - I just did the TS2 to TS3 conversion!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:05 PM
@Simmiller: The eyebrows have been a problem, since in all the source pics he barely has ANY eyebrows. SO I have to make them super thin so that they disappear almost on the sides. Also, to get the proper angle, all sorts of contorting was down. Thus the lack of upper eyebag. I was going to see if I could maybe find an eyeshadow to give that appearance. I can do some meshing, but makeup is out of my 'patience' zone. These were the best of the ones I could find and certainly aren't perfect. They really need to disappear where the arch starts to bend down, on the Sim. I would be very happy to change them to something better, if you're willing to give it a try. :D

Going back to look at the eyebags, I agree that they should be substantial. What are your thoughts on some wrinkles?

@Esmeralda: Yay! This hat is loads better with this hair I'm using. Great conversion you did. I'm thinking about trying to convert some of the ladies' hats from Bipsouille Sims if I can get permission... but, conversions seem to be harder (for me) then altering a current mesh. I'm investigating.

As for Katherine:
Here is the image I'm sort of working from

Her face is sort of long and round, and DULL. Lol. I'll go back and check the mouth to lips ratio.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:18 PM
Darker hair, bigger eyebags. Althought the eyebags might be a little dark!

Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:27 PM
Maybe it's just the lighting, but now the eyebags look a little too black, like he's been punched in the eyes! I think his hair needs to be just a little redder, too.

Oh, it would be brilliant if you could get permission to convert some of Bipsouille's hats - I loved them in TS2 and had quite a few in my game. It's easy to convert Maxis TS2 meshes, but third-party cc can be difficult (impossible, in a couple of items I've tried) - let's hope Bipsouille's will be some of the easier ones!

Yeah, that painting of Katherine is from her older years - she was meant to have been a very pretty thing when she married Henry as a young girl, but I don't think she was considered to have aged well, hence Henry took up with Anne Boleyn! (Well, for that matter, Henry was supposed to have been a handsome and hunky sorta guy when young, unlike the flabby image of him in later life that we always associate with him!)
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ahlaam21
@Simmiller: The eyebrows have been a problem, since in all the source pics he barely has ANY eyebrows. SO I have to make them super thin so that they disappear almost on the sides. Also, to get the proper angle, all sorts of contorting was down. Thus the lack of upper eyebag. I was going to see if I could maybe find an eyeshadow to give that appearance. I can do some meshing, but makeup is out of my 'patience' zone. These were the best of the ones I could find and certainly aren't perfect. They really need to disappear where the arch starts to bend down, on the Sim. I would be very happy to change them to something better, if you're willing to give it a try. :D

Going back to look at the eyebags, I agree that they should be substantial. What are your thoughts on some wrinkles?

@Esmeralda: Yay! This hat is loads better with this hair I'm using. Great conversion you did. I'm thinking about trying to convert some of the ladies' hats from Bipsouille Sims if I can get permission... but, conversions seem to be harder (for me) then altering a current mesh. I'm investigating.

As for Katherine:
Here is the image I'm sort of working from

Her face is sort of long and round, and DULL. Lol. I'll go back and check the mouth to lips ratio.

I'll give it a go :-) You'll likely see them tonight or tomorrow.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:32 PM
Wow I love the idea of a henry sim. I think his head should be just a touch bigger though and his eyebrows seem a little too high on the arch.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 3:12 PM
The latest:

I call this one "Grandiose Schemes".

Side Note: I started working on Bipsouille's hats, I couldn't find anywhere to email her and ask for permission, but on the front page of her website it says do whatever youwant with my stuff so long as it stays free... So. I'm going to at least try it and see if it's feasible.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:07 PM
Ha ha I love him, am looking forward to him being downloadable! And that sounds like good news about Bipsouille's hairs!
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links (sim making)
Page 1 of 4