Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM Last edited by mollynj : 30th Jul 2010 at 6:35 PM.
Default Red Velvet Cupcake {Sim}
Okay, I have created a sim by the name of Red Velvet. She is still underway, as I still have to edit it so she does not have any pay site items. I am pretty sure her hair is, so please do not mind that at this very moment. However, here are a few pictures of her:

In CAS:

Lighting Effect:

In Game {interacting}:

Any and all criticism and ideas are greatly wanted/needed!

Content: {work with me here, I'm trying to get it all down}:
Genetics:
Skin: LadyFrontbum's Naughty & Nice Female Skins
Eyes: escand's Oh My Eyes
Hair: TO BE FOUND.

Clothing:
Everyday Outfit: Stella McCarthy Jumpsuit from All-About-Style

Make-Up:
Costume: aarin's Lashed
Lips: TO BE FOUND.

NOTES!:
Male sim in pictures is not mine. It belongs to AmberNicole1989 and can be found here .
When uploaded she will be by herself. All of her other pictures got deleted so that is why there are some interacting shots.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM
can we get a face pic with the hair pulled back out of her face, and no make-up? Also, is she any kind of specific creature, or is she just red because you wanted her to be?

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:10 PM
Yup, I had one, but it was deleted. Let me go get another one. She's not exactly a specific creature, but I am basing her off of Red Velvet Cupcakes. (My favorite kind of cupcake.)

Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:16 PM
Ooo... That sounds like a cool concept. However, I think (just an opinion) you should make her skin a creamy tone (like frosting), and then make her hair a deep red so that she still embodies a red velvet cupcake, but might not look so, well, alien. Just an idea.

"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow..." I am an AVATARD

And I love Jesus (more importantly, lol)!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jkjonnyJK
Ooo... That sounds like a cool concept. However, I think (just an opinion) you should make her skin a creamy tone (like frosting), and then make her hair a deep red so that she still embodies a red velvet cupcake, but might not look so, well, alien. Just an idea.

So you mean like make her skin a "humanish" color or do you mean have her skin look more, how do I say it? Edible? Haha.

But I agree, there is something alien-ish about her.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:29 PM
I meant make her skin a natural tone. If I were you, I'd use the pinkish one by EA, and then put creamy pink blush on her to play up the pink-ness of the skin.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:32 PM
Alright, I'll try that out and post on how it goes.

Here are a few. Perhaps maybe more pinkish/redish?

Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for considering my idea! Hmm.... Maybe a lil' paler.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:39 PM
Alright, here's more paler skin tones.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
I'd do the opposite. Keep the skin the way it was originally, and make the hair like white frosting.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:43 PM
Her face sculpt is seeming a little bit plain to me somehow - a little simbin-y, but not quite. But I think you've got some good suggestions of uniqueness in her features now - just have to bring them out a little more.

Her eyes are quite wide-spaced, and from the name, I'd say she's supposed to look sort of sweet and innocent, yet sort of otherworldly/sexy? Perhaps make her eyes a bit unusually large and widely spaced. Her nose also seems fairly straight and narrow and button-like on the end - perhaps increase the size of her nose tip and lengthen the nose a bit? You might need to bring the mouth/jaw down some to make room for a longer nose.

Her mouth, IMO, is her weakest feature like now - much like the random sim faces you get in CAS. Perhaps keep it quite small/narrow like it is now - helps with the sweetness of her face - but increase the size of the top lip and remove the /\/\ shape so it's more like just a smooth flat arch (I think that's lip definition?) and shrink the lower lip, so she has a thicker upper lip than lower lip.

I like the arched brows, the shape around her mouth (the slight nasolabial lines) and the overall shape of her face. The concept is kinda neato too - just make sure you get her face sculpt right first and then worry about all the extra content.

Out of the skin colours, I like #1 or #2 in your first set. I think a light red (not really quite to pink) will look good for her - with the light creamypink hair, and maybe get her a really insanely frilly floofy dress to do in a richer red, like the colour of a red velvet cupcake?

BTW, I really love your "Lighting Effect" pic for her - I think a couple shots like that - pretty close up to her face, showing her animating but not too much, with a really nice composition, fairly neutral background... all that works -really- well to show off the sim. Of course you'd want a -very- basic boringly-lit "mugshot" and at least one full body shot too, but... yeah. Do that when ya upload her.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:46 PM Last edited by mollynj : 31st Jul 2010 at 3:53 AM.
Okay, thank you everyone! I will play with her a bit more once I get home from a baseball game. I will post an improved sim of her as soon as I can.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:53 AM
UPDATE!:
Okay, so I played with it a bit. I still think she needs more work, but I think she's getting there. I changed her skin back to dark, because I like to think of her skin as the "cupcake" part. Or do you think I should go back to the lighter colors?

Her head looks very skinny. I made it fatter.
Instructor
#14 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:57 AM
I would personally use a different tone of red, if you can find it haha. (like a diff skin slider)

Edit: Oh and I think a whole family of cupcake sims would be EPIC. <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:59 AM
emhpb, do you have any suggestions?

Edit: I agree! I think I might just have to do that! Haha
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:09 AM
I agree about the different tone of red. Red velvet cupcakes (or cake) are red, but her skin looks like it needs to have a bit of brown in it. It needs to be a bit darker and not quite so red. That's my opinion of course. Oh, and I think her hair should be white since the traditional frosting for red velvet is a cream cheese frosting..which is white.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:12 AM
Yeah, I'm currently playing with the skin colors I have, otherwise I'll be looking for another set of colors. I agree with the brownish/red color.

Adjusted the nose, is it too big now? Played with the face a bit, too. I tried to find a dark red, but I don't know.

Instructor
#18 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:17 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:19 AM
Thanks, I currently am using Euphoria, but I'll look at Taste the Rainbow! I never really had sliders before, so will it be okay to have both installed?
Instructor
#20 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:25 AM
ooops, thought you were using the game slider haha.

And yep, it is, as long as you have RezDelnava's UI mod.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#21 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:31 AM
I dunno. The darker red is pretty close to the color that's stuck in my head.

*has an urge for a cupcake now*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:34 AM Last edited by mollynj : 31st Jul 2010 at 5:02 AM.
Haha it's all good Emh! I just installed the new skin shade, so I'll see how that works!
And I agree Cat because it looks more like a baked cupcake, opposed to the batter. :9 Hahah and I'm right there with you!

Edit: Alright, I'm installing a few more things and then once I get her back in CAS, I'll post a picture.

So I changed her nose again, it was freaking me out with it's hugeness. Instead it's bigger than the original, yet more natural?

Here is LFB's skin. I can't tell if I like it. I love that it's more brown. Do you think I should try lighter?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:10 AM
Attached is a version with the hair I might put her with, but I'm just trying to show the white hair with the skin.
Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#24 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:19 AM
I think that the skin is great. Maybe try a lighter version, just to see but this looks good. The tone is just right! I think her hair should be just a twinge more yellow. Not actually yellow but a little more creamy as opposed to grey.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:22 AM
Good call. Alright let me try that out!

edit: imaged attached. i changed her eyes from white to a more creamy color.
Screenshots
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Has useful sim-sculpting info.
Page 1 of 4