Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 3:53 PM
Default Supermodels - Cindy Crawford
Hi all

Help, really need it with this one. I aslo could do with a decent beauty mark as the ones that are around make the eyes go from the eyes you have chosen to ones that make the sim look squint. Please crit. Many thanks.

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 4:13 PM
Very good start!
Things I see though:
- Lips need to be slightly wider
- Bottom lip needs to be less full
- Top lip also less full
- Nose tip bigger

And maybe play around with the eye apex so she doesn't have that sharp edge near the inner eye corner.

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Audrey : 24th Sep 2010 at 3:03 PM.
Thanks Divine, made the subtle changes, however I am not seeing Cindy in this sim.

Screenshots

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Inventor
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 4:56 PM
Nose bridge seems a bit wider. Apart from that I'm seeing a really good celeb sim ^^

Btw, how did you make the inner eye parts? I'm struggling with that on one of the sims I'm making.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 5:15 PM
Thanks Malfoya. I am starting to see her in this sim, but she so needs a beauty mark and I am hopeless at Gimp and CTU.
I couldn't even begin to tell you how to get her eyes like that. It is a lot of trial an error and playing around with the apex sliders and the inner eye rotations.

Inventor
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 5:21 PM
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 12:58 AM
Yay!!! I'm soooo happy you're here again!!!!!

I agree with Malfoya about the nose and think you could try to rise it a bit and give a little bit more nose mass. Take a look at the bottom left picture: the whole face of RLP is more large than the Sim.

Greaaaaaaaat start!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 2:43 PM
Thanks Monca, mwah!!

I'm not sure what you and Malfoya are both saying. Does the nose bridge need to be thicker or thinner and must I make the face bigger. What do you mean by rise the nose, Moncs?

Thanks for those links to the beauty marks, Divine. I have them and unfortunately they are in the mask section and I am using contacts from the mask section, so as soon as I use the beauty mark, the eyes go away, and they are vital to her look. I don't know what to do. In need a very kind person to make a beauty mark which can be put inthe beauty mark section.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 3:56 PM
I tried one of the beauty marks which I had in the beauty mark section, but it is not quite in the right place. Comments please, anyone.

Screenshots

Inventor
#10 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 5:45 PM
I don't think it matters if it's at the exact same spot. You've capture the essense of her, and her characteristics.. that's the most important part.
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 2:02 AM
Sorry! My bad!
Maybe enlarge the face making it more squared.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:54 AM
-I think in general the head is too long. Use the head shape sliders to move her eyes down and then make her head wider.
-Chin also needs to be brought up a bit and maybe make it a bit smaller.
-Top lip is a bit too thick
She's looking great!

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 1:53 PM
Okay, so I shortened the head. Brought up the chin, thinned the toplip and gave her some hair. Comments?

Screenshots

Scholar
#14 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 2:26 PM
I don't know but... I think you should come up the lower eyelid a little, little bit and you could make the brows with a bit lighter color.

She is wonderful!! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 2:33 PM
Yes, I will 'raise' her lower lid a bit, you're right. Is that all. Does she look like Cindy? I wish I could put the beauty mark in the right place.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 2:44 PM Last edited by Audrey : 26th Sep 2010 at 4:06 PM.

Thanks Monca,

She is not screaming Cindy to me. Maybe I should upload her as an 'other' sim. She is quite pretty.

Help, anyone? I wish I could get rid of the puffiness next to her lips but that is what happens when I make her lips wider.
Screenshots

Scholar
#17 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for to correct me (some day my English will be better... hahaha)

Just wondering... Can you do an experience?

Try to put some light in front of her, to make the nose shadows look smoother.

I believe it will make some difference for the resemblance.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 6:15 PM
I think she looks the Cindy. I mean, I would recognize her I believe. And, honestly, the mole doesn't need to be in the right place. It would be better, but, as Malfoya said, you capture the essence of Cindy and that is what matters. As for the puffiness, have you tried increasing/decreasing (not sure which way it would be) the depth of the mouth. Maybe if you bring it in a little, it will look less puffy in the front. Not sure if this will mess up your profile though. I don't know which mole you are using but have you looked at this set? There seems to be quite a variety and maybe you can find one that is in a closer place.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 7:47 PM
Hi Audrey, I think she looks GREAT!
I agree with heaven about the puffiness. The mouth depth should fix it if not then the shape.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 7:44 AM
Hi J, it is so nice to see some of the people I am familiar with like yourself, Malfoya and Monca. I don't see Esmerelda and simmiller which is a great pity. I hope some more people comment on my threads so that I can get to know them.

Thank you for your comment heaven sent. I have that set, but both the eyes I am using and the beauty marks are in the mask section and I can't use both.

The mouth depth thing doesn't fix it unfortunately, and when I try another shape, it corrects it, but as soon as I make it longer again, there comes the puffiness.

Monca, I will try that 'experiment'. Thanks, hon.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 12:35 PM
Hiya Audrey long time no see! :D
I'm really glad you picked Cindy as your new sim cause she's gorgeous woman and you're making great resemblance of her!
Here are things which should make her better looking:
*make her nose bridge a bit less wider
*try to place eye depth slider so her eyes are bit coming so she can get that natural eye bag but not too much cause we don't want her to look like frog or smth.
*try thinning her eyebrows with Brow thickness slider just a bit or try some other eyebrows which she has on your 2 pictures on the right
*I agree with monca about trying to make a better lighted studio for taking pictures!
*I am begging you to search for any other hair but the one you're using now. I'm sure you'll find some other which will suite her better!
I just hate this hair cause it goes too much under your jaw and it's so unnaturally close to her neck!
*Also try emmzx' eyeshadow and use it as her model in first picture uses it! So it borders her eye nicely! :D
*If you're using eyeliner as lower eyelashes please change it to another one which isn't too smudgy and which fits her also good!
*try shaping her upper lip differently and also play with the mouth definition slider! :D
*and last but not least I will try to make custom mole for her! I hope it'll work! :D

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 3:43 PM
Hi Audrey, I think her nose might be a bit to long. In the RLP her nose comes just to the bottom of her ears, your sims is a bit longer.

How about this HAIR?
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 12:49 PM
Hi Audrey!

How is going Cindy?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Audrey : 30th Sep 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Sorry guys. I have been a bit slack for the past few days. I also had my Naomi Campbell come back with changes required, damn and I was hoping I could get to Madonna.

Whew, Flajko, that is quite a list of things to change. I have put two halogen spots just behind her and just in front. I also have two floor candles in on either side in front, so she is super well lit. Thank you. I am in the programme now and will see what I can do. Thank you so much for the offer of the beauty mark, if you have the time(: It has to go into the beauty mark section or I can't use your eyes.

J, thanks for the link to the hair. I am not mad about the way it falls across her forehead. I am posting another hair just now.

Moncs, thanks for post. Mwah.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 2:47 PM
I can tick all the boxes of the suggestions for changes. So here she is. She looks really different from above, but I am beginning to see a resemblance. Thanks flajko for all those suggestions. Her lips, if you look at IRL are not symmetrical and her top lip is bigger than the bottom lip and thicker on one side. It is impossible to duplicate.

Screenshots

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Useful sim-making info.
Page 1 of 2