Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:50 PM Last edited by ChickenMadam : 9th Nov 2021 at 10:44 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Slider values not "sticking" - FIXED
  • Yes I checked my cc
  • I have not installed anything new.
  • I am using NRASS MC with all the bells and whistles

I'm out of lurk mode.... mainly because winter is coming and I'm done the majority of the farming this year.

I'm having an issue with my slider values not sticking, usually it's just AWT's hat sliders, but today it was a chin length slider going haywire.

I create my sims in CAS, put their accessory hats into place with the hat sliders, and when I save, the sims are all as they should be. But when I restart the game the next day, the hat sliders are not where I left them. Today, I also had a chin length slider not where I left it in this created sim. It's an annoying glitch, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to what's causing it.

As you can see, I checked my CC, did not add anything new, and I am using NRAAS MC with all the bells and whistles to use my sliders (of which there are a metric ton.) I have not removed or added sliders.

(Max sliders are set at 1000 - always had it set like that and never had an issue -maybe I need a lower value, like 600? (I have a LOT of sliders)

Many thanks in advance!

ETA: Yup, it was the hat slider and the slider number values. Changed the value to 500 and that seems to be okay, no more weird stuff going on. Thanks, everyone!

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:51 AM
Yes, I would suggest a lower value for MC's Max Sliders. Not sure it can cope with a number as high as 1000 there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes, I would suggest a lower value for MC's Max Sliders. Not sure it can cope with a number as high as 1000 there.

Thanks! I kind of figured that might be the issue. I'll do that and see if that fixes it. (I probably should count the number of sliders I have and just use that number plus 10 in case.)

Dead Ringers
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 4:12 PM
There is a fix for one of the hat sliders here https://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post...scale-x-one-was which seems to fix the problem you were having, though I'm not sure about the chin one - it seems weird it was working before but now, though maybe it's just broken and for some reason hasn't effected your game before?
Hopefully the max slider level fixes it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
There is a fix for one of the hat sliders here https://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post...scale-x-one-was which seems to fix the problem you were having, though I'm not sure about the chin one - it seems weird it was working before but now, though maybe it's just broken and for some reason hasn't effected your game before?
Hopefully the max slider level fixes it

ooooh that might be it! Thank you!

Dead Ringers
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

What max value would you recommend? I've seen people using a value as high as 20,000, which I can't imagine ever being necessary, haha.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NerdyAthleticism
What max value would you recommend? I've seen people using a value as high as 20,000, which I can't imagine ever being necessary, haha.

We don't actually know above which value the game/mod begins to ignore it. It's pretty obvious when this happens though, because when you bring a sim into CAS and the value is too high, then no sliders in any category will work correctly. Sims already in-game and not being edited will probably still look the same.

I suspect the max value is somewhere around 700, although it may be different for different players.

If an absurd value like 20,000 worked, we would actually recommend it for all players and set it as the default since then no one would really need to worry about the setting anymore. Or at least not until they found or designed their 20,001st custom slider.