Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Sanypsia : 19th Apr 2014 at 7:11 PM.
Default Let's See Your Government and Service Buildings!
Hey all! I'm set to start working on Trancedale infrastructure here after I get the legacy-founder aged to adult and will be looking into hospitals, city halls, and all sorts of other public service buildings to set up for the Trancedale Government, so I'm in need of some inspiration! (I don't have any pics myself yet.) Let's see what your official buildings look like!

Hospital? Police station? Fire station? City Hall? Lawyers' office? Graveyard? Flaunt away! If it serves you or the government, I wanna see it!

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 11:24 PM
No takers? Alright...

I've got a city hall in the makings!

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 2:36 PM
I'm building a hospital right now. and also an army base so when I'm done I will post the pictures

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 3:03 PM
Here's a hospital I made a while back

With updated front (it's no longer a community lot)

And some extra details I decided it needed, like a fountain and a proper sign

It's crazy big, and reached the wall limit on the last floor I added. The inside takes up too many pictures to show here.
It has already gone through three name changes, and I'm still considering giving it a more neutral name.
Inventor
#5 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 5:50 PM
The closest thing I have to a government building is a bank/credit union which I downloaded form here... So yeah.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 12:40 PM Last edited by CAROLUS : 12th Dec 2014 at 4:50 PM.
Default Arrival
Finally my sims landed on Mars.

Osiris Memorial Hospital.

Theorist
#7 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:45 PM
This is Strangetown's new cemetery to replace Olive's old, decrepit lot. My sims spend a lot of time at the cemetery,
Not sure why they like it so much but I have a few lots they seem to enjoy more. The rest of lot will be under a spoiler.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 8:07 AM
I recently created a town hall. It's still a work in progress, and as usual, I forgot inside lighting.

For my medieval hood, I created a small monastery.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 3:37 PM
Nice - I did one of those too (monastery) but it's nothing like yours. I like it. Mine's a mixed sex one. I know they don't really exist in RL but I didn't want to make two lots dedicated to monastic life. There's a men's wing and a women's wing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#11 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 5:35 PM
I guess a library counts as a government building. I had to make one for a sims story because I used to have one but it somehow disappeared Anyway I think this one is better, probably will tweak it some more. Need to download some more kinds of bookshelves haha.

Front

Book check-out

Upper floor staircase

New Arrivals and reading lounge

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#12 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 6:01 PM
This is the science equipment room at a small school, in a very small and... odd town.

A couple of more pictures under the spoiler.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:02 AM

This is the small and basic town hall I did yesterday whilst half asleep. (Maybe not the best time to build. xp)

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:08 AM
Here are a few pictures of my cathedral. I downloaded it from TSR and gave it a makeover. I named it: Lord Will Wright Cathedral

Exterior:

Churchyard:

The Shrine, (the sims don't worship Bella, they worship the idea of platinum plumbbobs, AKA Ultimate Happiness:

There is also a bust of Bella in the churchyard if you look closely, and there's a huge statue of her in the middle of the (incomplete) central park, in front of the town hall.

Bonus picture of the church interior, where my screencap software wasn't on, and I had to use the in game camera:

There are also extensive catacombs underneath.
Scholar
#15 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:42 AM
Ooh, please upload Zena-Dew-Drop. :lovestruc

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:15 AM
Bubblebeam, it's from TSR. I hope, Zena-Dew-Drop that you checked it first for sim references. I wouldn't trust a sims 2 lot from TSR any more than funnel web spider.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:52 PM
Nice cathedral - I wonder if those buttresses are the same as the ones I have. I could do with better recolours tbh.

This is Sirencester's Town Hall which I finally began to build (the centre of Sirencester is sadly neglected - the warehouse district and Old Town is full of stuff but not the centre). I wanted a Gothic town hall. I only got this far though - I stopped because I wanted recolours of the lower windows so they all matched better. I'm yet to get round to that. I built the staircase though it's not decorated yet and started on a wedding chapel. It's going to be some time before the residents of Sirencester, Carping Magna and Little Carping can visit though.

I also added a picture of one of the tram stop lots - these are purely decorative and not meant to be visited. I was going to have a go at the lot imposter textures once I'd sorted them out completely. I love Criquette's neighbourhood stuff. You can see in that picture how empty some parts of the centre of Sirencester still are.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
#18 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:47 PM
FPD, Fayport Police Department
Since it's just a small hamlet you can't expect much.
It's small and somber looking, but still room to expand and improve later on.
The tiny building in the back is for Archie Gerhart, the police chief who will oversee things.
He's basically only there to have a resident on the lot and enable live mode, for the sole purpose of being able to summon other sims who have some explaining to do there.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:12 PM
@joandsarah77, I never thought about sim references. I thought because it was a community lot, it would be safer, but next time I download a lot I'll remember to check.
I downloaded the original lot from TSR again and put it in my test hood, and then checked it, and found a lot of sim references. Luckily, the cathedral in the pictures above is in my planning hood, not my main hood, so I'll make sure to clean it properly before I place it there.
I used this guide to grab the made over lot, rather than packaging it, but it still had references, so I guess it's not perfect.

@Bubblebeam, I'd rather not upload it, because:
A) I didn't build it, just revamped it
B) I added a LOT of CC to it
C) It's a very large lot, with a lot of items to load, which is a hassle for many players
D) I can't make any guarantees that it's safe

You could download the original, I won't link to it, but it's by juhhmi, and it's called Castleville Cathedral. Please, like jo said, clean it of sim references if you do download.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:33 PM
All lots have some references, even blank unplayed with lots, but a lot of references suggests a lot has either been lived in (residential) or owned.(community)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:58 PM
My village medical centre

Reception

The waiting room
Link Ninja
#22 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 1:02 AM
So far this is just a enclosed set on the 7th floor but it's Kashmire's SCIA (intelligence) Headquarters in downtown Scandalica City. It has a meeting room, a director's office in the corner and then cubicles out in the open part of the room. There's even a little place for coffee and sitting next tot he elevator.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 11:30 AM
I like your corner desks there - is that a bit of moveobject onning?

Link Ninja
#24 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I like your corner desks there - is that a bit of moveobject onning?

@maxon - yes! it's one of the vanilla desks just rotated 90 degrees and combined with itself against the half wall corner

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
moveobject onning?

Simmingverbsâ„¢
Page 1 of 2