Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:45 AM
Default Issue with object, I don't know if my mesh is invisible but I can see inside of it
So finally, after many months battling with Blender because I couldn't export (because I'm dumb and didn't check if I had extra meshes) and my own procrastination, I made my first object. It's only a box but I struggled so hard doing it. Anyway, my issue here is that, as you can see, I don't know if the mesh is invisible or what because I can only see the inside of my object. I don't know if it is a problem with TSRW but in blender the texture seemed right when I applied it at the mesh. Sorry if it's there a solution or a thread with the same problem as mine, I don't speak english so I didn't know how to search for it aside from invisible mesh.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  nitzimsLabs™ Pregnancy Test, 2 ct.rar (606.7 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:14 PM
Your normals are inside out, you need to flip them. In Blender select the whole thing and from the Shading/UVs menu click "Flip Normals" and export it again. If it's still busted in tsrw, there's probably some more wonkiness going on with the mesh. Go back to blender, select the whole thing and from the vertex menu > "remove doubles", then with everything still selected from Shading/UVs > Recalculate normals. After that you can put the texture on it to check if it's still inside out or not (if it is - flip normals and this time it should stay fixed).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Your normals are inside out, you need to flip them. In Blender select the whole thing and from the Shading/UVs menu click "Flip Normals" and export it again. If it's still busted in tsrw, there's probably some more wonkiness going on with the mesh. Go back to blender, select the whole thing and from the vertex menu > "remove doubles", then with everything still selected from Shading/UVs > Recalculate normals. After that you can put the texture on it to check if it's still inside out or not (if it is - flip normals and this time it should stay fixed).

Thank you so much! You were so helpful.
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 12:56 PM
No problem, good to see it worked!