Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#12001 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 6:19 PM
A mod which re-categorizes a few person pie menus.

- Cuddle Under Stars and Cuddle Under Clouds to be filed under Hug... > Cuddle Under Stars/Clouds
- the dance interactions are as follows: Slow Dance, Dance Together, and Apartment Life's Dance... > Classic/Break Dance etc. Instead: Dance... > Slow Dance/Classic/Break Dance/Dance Together
- the gestures are... so unnecessary...
- Check Sim Out to actually be outside of Flirt... because they're not flirting at all
- the Ask... menu is so undercooked. Instead:
Get to Know... > Turn Ons/Turn Offs/bby u like me? uwu/Wants/Fears/Wealth/Job Status/Interests
Go Out With... > On a Date/On an Outing/Form a Group
Date... > Give a Ride Home/Continue Back at My Place/End Date
- Walk to Lot... > Community Lot/Home is hidden under two clicks for no reason. Instead, use car pie menu:
Go Somewhere (or Go To Another Lot),
and a separate Go Home
- All Phone Interactions grouped under a single interaction Phone... - because yes, back in the days of base game, there existed a string "This Is the Active Sim" which had a purpose: there were no self-sim interactions. However, nowadays, I really hate having to click More... on my sim just to have them walk to a community lot, all because their self-menu is filled with Call, Throw Party, Subscribe to a Magazine etc. because of their cell phone.

I gave this a go numerous times, but always failed for some reason.
Advertisement
Scholar
#12002 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 12:51 AM
Weeds adding one food point per bunch to the fridge if the Sim pulling them has high Nature and/or Cuisine enthusiasm.
And maybe a DR of them to make them look like Japanese knotweed -- though Sims weeds aren't quite as destructive as that, their flammability and rapid spread does resemble it.
Mad Poster
#12003 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Y'all know how if you have no20khandouts and the money order mod, you can put a money order with a certain amount into your sim's inventory, then when you have them move out, they will only take that much?

There should be a mod that does something similar for inheritance: you take an item, add X much money to it, select a sim for it, then put it in the dying sim's inventory. Then, when they die, only those sims who were assigned such an item would get inheritance from them, and only that amount. It could be a good fix for the whole thing where either everyone gets fifty million from inheritance, or nothing at all.

Some sort of will mod could be interesting. The "life insurance" functionality the game comes with by default, where the money comes out of thin air and you don't get to control who gets it is objectively terrible, but it might be nice to be able to send actually extant money to other households where grown up children live, etc. Would have to think about how to handle how much money there is to give away, since sims don't have individual bank accounts, and handle the case where there isn't enough, though.
Mad Poster
#12004 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Some sort of will mod could be interesting. The "life insurance" functionality the game comes with by default, where the money comes out of thin air and you don't get to control who gets it is objectively terrible, but it might be nice to be able to send actually extant money to other households where grown up children live, etc. Would have to think about how to handle how much money there is to give away, since sims don't have individual bank accounts, and handle the case where there isn't enough, though.

It would be interesting to find a way to do a 'will reading' which would give the heirs to the money the chance to pick up their money from the lawyer (you always have a lawyer involved in these things, you know) and they each get an individual amount. The best I can think of is a 'gift giving' incident, where they receive their inheritance from the lawyer and each person has a different amount. It's worth figuring out, I think.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#12005 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It would be interesting to find a way to do a 'will reading' which would give the heirs to the money the chance to pick up their money from the lawyer (you always have a lawyer involved in these things, you know) and they each get an individual amount. The best I can think of is a 'gift giving' incident, where they receive their inheritance from the lawyer and each person has a different amount. It's worth figuring out, I think.

Do I see an opportunity for...drama? Cassandra finds out that Mortimer has inexplicably left Aunt Dina a larger share of the Goth fortune than either her or Alexander, and then a mysterious townie woman claiming to be Bella shows up and throws a massive tantrum at being left nothing? Mary-Sue bumps off Daniel in the pool after catching him with Kaylynn, only to find that he's left the maid (who is now moving in with Don, who has left Cassandra now that she's not as rich as he expected) all the furniture? And I thought wedding-guest reactions were good drama! This would probably be hard to code into a mod, but given that one of the geniuses of the TS2 renaissance (that's Kestrellyn) is interested, it's already looking good. I'm certainly on board to give any input that might be wanted on extremely simplified Will structures (which good ones should be anyway) and horror stories to inspire dramatic reactions (which any good lawyer is supposed to take pains to avoid IRL, but where is the fun in that for a game this soapy?). The inventory-held Writs of Mastery that are used for certain Sun&Moon sets to indicate skilled crafters might be good for marking the lawyers, who of course will get paid for their trouble...which might be real trouble if there are angry heirs involved.
Mad Poster
#12006 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:06 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 7th Jun 2021 at 4:48 AM.

There is a handshake animation that I've seen used by a child to greet an unknown adult, I don't know if there exists an adult-to-adult and adult-to-teen handshake animation, but presumably that could be used. (EDIT: It looks like the shake hands animation may work for all ages!) Maybe this could be done by placing a custom podium object, and selecting a "Execute Will.../<Deceased Sim Name>" and a sim in Law career (or if there aren't any, a butler, maybe, since they're at least dressed appropriately) and all of the recipients of the money could be summoned to to the lot, the lawyer/butler would read some things from the podium, and then shake the hands of the recipients and the money would change hands. Maybe to get around the issue of where the money is coming from and if there is enough, the money could be deducted from family funds and set aside at the time the sim adds someone to their will. That way the player could decide exactly how much of the family funds the sim has to leave to relatives.

Also, I am tickled pink to be referred to as "one of the geniuses of the TS2 Renaissance", lmao.

Wish for hack not related to this discussion:

The custom sewing machine outfit for adult men is pretty snazzy. Unfortunately I'll never use it because it is categorized as everyday. Has anyone recategorized that outfit to formal?
Forum Resident
#12007 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 6:35 AM
The hack I'd like to see is one to let adults or elders that never went to college do a degree without moving to a university neighbourhood and/or leaving their job. I think there's a mod out there that lets YAs stay in their home neighbourhood, and one that lets adults (I don't know about elders) move to college to do their degree, but I don't think there's one that does both.

One day, maybe I'll get around to making it myself.
Mad Poster
#12008 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 11:16 AM
Quote:
There is a handshake animation that I've seen used by a child to greet an unknown adult, I don't know if there exists an adult-to-adult and adult-to-teen handshake animation, but presumably that could be used. (EDIT: It looks like the shake hands animation may work for all ages!) Maybe this could be done by placing a custom podium object, and selecting a "Execute Will.../<Deceased Sim Name>" and a sim in Law career (or if there aren't any, a butler, maybe, since they're at least dressed appropriately) and all of the recipients of the money could be summoned to to the lot, the lawyer/butler would read some things from the podium, and then shake the hands of the recipients and the money would change hands. Maybe to get around the issue of where the money is coming from and if there is enough, the money could be deducted from family funds and set aside at the time the sim adds someone to their will. That way the player could decide exactly how much of the family funds the sim has to leave to relatives.

What I was envisioning, (by what I've been through myself, and others) is that after the deceased is dispatched and buried, the heirs are "summoned" (think Inge's summoner) to the law offices (and you could have a owned community lot) where they would sit down and the attorney (who would be a lawyer, of course!) would start off the proceedings, and at the end would hand off checks in the amounts that were to be given out.

The best way I can see it being done is to use the 'inventory transfer' mod to move a physical object like the check into lawyer's inventory where they would then 'give a gift' to the parties involved.

Yes, it does sound convoluted, but I think it would be good for drama if the heirs were all in the same room and they did not get along.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#12009 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 12:37 PM
I'd like a mod that nerfs hobby wants... except for a Sim's OTH. All the ones I see seem do all sorts of complicated stuff based on personality and interests and starsigns or block all of them entirely, but I just want my Sims who love Music and Dance to roll wants for Music and Dance, not every other hobby they're interested in.
Mad Poster
#12010 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 1:33 PM
What I was envisioning, (by what I've been through myself, and others) is that after the deceased is dispatched and buried, the heirs are "summoned" (think Inge's summoner) to the law offices (and you could have a owned community lot) where they would sit down and the attorney (who would be a lawyer, of course!) would start off the proceedings, and at the end would hand off checks in the amounts that were to be given out.

The best way I can see it being done is to use the 'inventory transfer' mod to move a physical object like the check into lawyer's inventory where they would then 'give a gift' to the parties involved.

Yes, it does sound convoluted, but I think it would be good for drama if the heirs were all in the same room and they did not get along.

I don't see any reason to require people to install the check hack just for this, when there is a perfectly serviceable way of giving money directly to other sims, and I also don't see the purpose of using the give gift animation for the custom social when it's not really appropriate for the situation. You don't need a special mod to move something to a sim's inventory, and in any case it there's no point in moving it to the lawyer's inventory if you just want it to go to the recipient sim. I also don't see the benefit of just summoning people instantly rather than having them arrive in a more natural way.
Scholar
#12011 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Y'all know how if you have no20khandouts and the money order mod, you can put a money order with a certain amount into your sim's inventory, then when you have them move out, they will only take that much?

There should be a mod that does something similar for inheritance: you take an item, add X much money to it, select a sim for it, then put it in the dying sim's inventory. Then, when they die, only those sims who were assigned such an item would get inheritance from them, and only that amount. It could be a good fix for the whole thing where either everyone gets fifty million from inheritance, or nothing at all.

That's an interesting idea.

Personally what has always bothered me about inheritance is that the inheritance money does not get deducted from anywhere, just appears out of thin air.
I would love that Sims inherit a part of the money the deceased Sim had (ideally of the house value too, but I'm assuming that might be even more complicated) and that the the household of the deceased Sim had their cash reduced in the same amount. To keep economy balanced, you know.

(At this poin I just make sure my Sims divide their inheritance while they are still alive, which often means that whoever inherits the house will need a loan to "pay" the difference to his siblings.
Of course it works and it's enough for my needs, but dreaming is free )
Mad Poster
#12012 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:42 PM
I don't see any reason to require people to install the check hack just for this, when there is a perfectly serviceable way of giving money directly to other sims, and I also don't see the purpose of using the give gift animation for the custom social when it's not really appropriate for the situation. You don't need a special mod to move something to a sim's inventory, and in any case it there's no point in moving it to the lawyer's inventory if you just want it to go to the recipient sim. I also don't see the benefit of just summoning people instantly rather than having them arrive in a more natural way.

It's all for drama, you know or at least playing out one. Sure, there are short cuts to just give everyone the money and have done with it, but sometimes, it's just like, "Here's your money, now get lost." Pixels are social creatures (just like we are) and there are certain occasions when they like to be together, I would think.

I've had a funeral or wedding where people got into some really big brawls over someone looking or actually very badly. It was fun to watch and also to figure out how to fix the mess that came from it.

Mad Poster
#12013 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 3:52 PM
You could still have whatever drama you wanted, I don't see how that relates to whether or not you set up some complicated thing involving physical check objects.
Forum Resident
#12014 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:10 PM

Also, I am tickled pink to be referred to as "one of the geniuses of the TS2 Renaissance", lmao.

Wish for hack not related to this discussion:

The custom sewing machine outfit for adult men is pretty snazzy. Unfortunately I'll never use it because it is categorized as everyday. Has anyone recategorized that outfit to formal?

I LOVE this idea of this @kestrellyn! I'd love to have this added to or part of a funeral service mod, that allowed sims to actually mourn the urn and arrive in formal wear etc. You could have a pop up that says 'choose the heirs to X sim's fortune' and then select the sims who will be automatically invited to the funeral service. From there the heirs are chosen, show up, mourn, and then are handed their money.

I've been dying for a good funeral/inheritance mod, and I prefer not having to fiddle with too many details like checks and so on when Carlos is getting ready to kick it and his 5 illegitimate children for 3 women are waiting to find out what he's left them lol. I wouldn't mind doing the 'select heirs' part before or after the funeral, and then using your pass along/transfer to all to set up who gets the house
Mad Poster
#12015 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 5:16 PM
I think maybe an actual funeral event would be left for future work, since it should probably be a party and I don't really want to get into that. Could probably have a controller that pushes people to mourn if the grave is on the lot, though.
Mad Poster
#12016 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Ooooh I love that idea - both of those ideas! Having it as a party would make it even easier to host! You could also have different kinds of funeral - for example, in my culture we play music and sometimes even laugh and sing and dance, it's more of a family gathering to celebrate the life of the loved one than a somber, crying occasion. People still cry and mourn, but there's also joy and comforting each other.

Well, actually, if you look in my signature, I have the other files for holding a funeral, including a party, if you want that option:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file

this is the original mod made by Cathair, which had only one part of the project: https://modthesims.info/d/237727/be...gy-lectern.html

Mad Poster
#12017 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 9:29 AM
A phone voice mod that makes the vocals on the phone sound like the "Mind Scanners" radio phone voice. It would be cool for futuristic neighbourhoods.
Scholar
#12018 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 8:42 PM
I would like my cowplant to not be picky at all.
Eat whatever prey is around, skip any test the game runs. Just eat it.
Mad Poster
#12019 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 3:29 AM
Field Researcher
#12020 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 11:03 PM
If its possible...I would like a mod that allows hair stylist (both business and nonbusiness) to be able to add piercing/jewels, when changing sims look.
Mad Poster
#12021 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:30 AM
Skyboxes based on what the Arcologies would look like inside: Plymouth Arco with its industrial atmosphere, very little in the way of vegetation, lots of smoke and stuff - Forest Arco with a somewhat industrial and engineered forests, ponds, etc. and plenty of industry and commerce areas, and long tunnels of foliage, so maybe metal structures along with circuits, maybe clouds, and possibly bay doors and shuttle-bus ports - DArco with its spooky, cyberpunk atmosphere and lots of smoke... sort of like 'The Structure' in the "Mind Scanners" game - and Launch Arco with a massive self-contained ecosystem as well as a possible spooky underbelly.

Might do some mock-ups but I can't do 3D modeling since I suck at it and my dinosaur laptop sucks at graphic-intensive tasks.
Mad Poster
#12022 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
If its possible...I would like a mod that allows hair stylist (both business and nonbusiness) to be able to add piercing/jewels, when changing sims look.

I thought they could? But you have to own some first, I think.
Alchemist
#12023 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 12:16 AM
I'd like to see a "shoo" interaction for Sims who are blocking the refrigerator
Link Ninja
#12024 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'd like to see a "shoo" interaction for Sims who are blocking the refrigerator

For sure! for now my solution is 'move_objects on' and grabbing them out of the way manually and placing them about three spaces away or outside if I am feeling particularly annoyed at their inconsiderate fridge blocking.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#12025 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 8:19 PM
Well, when are your sims blocking the fridge? Because Dickhurt's Baby toddler food and feeding fixes cuts down on fridge blocking for me. Or you can use Squinge's Move Away From Fridge Before Feeding Baby.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 481 of 580