Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12126 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
A mod for sims to play chess on the computer to gain logic? My sims don't usually have room for a chess table, or the money for a telescope, but they usually have a computer. Monique's hacked computer lets them study skills but that feels a tiny bit cheaty to me since they're not really doing anything. So if they could like Play>Chess like it was a game but gain logic. Does this maybe already exist? I tried googling and only get sims 4 results.

Midge the Tree made a mod that adds more computer interactions, including doing crossword puzzles that increase logic. Just note that the crossword sometimes throws errors when cancelled/finished (for me, and resetting the sim does the trick), and it conflicts with one simler's electronics mods.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12127 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 5:13 PM
When a Sim bakes cookies for Santa, the rest of the family should queue in the kitchen to eat some cookie dough
Mad Poster
#12128 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Toddlers may be far from complete, but for their short age span, they can actually do a lot of stuff:
they can catch butterflies......

And they can give themselves a bath in a (custom) puddle for dogs to bath in. Even when they don't really NEED a bath. AND KIDS do it tool Drives me crazy. "Tobby just got home from school...where is he?" He's splashing around in a mud puddle, with his clothes on, "getting clean"!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#12129 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:34 PM
I'd like to see a mod that makes the Resurrect-O-Nomitron usable on community lots.
Forum Resident
#12130 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:50 PM
A mod for sims to play chess on the computer to gain logic? My sims don't usually have room for a chess table, or the money for a telescope, but they usually have a computer. Monique's hacked computer lets them study skills but that feels a tiny bit cheaty to me since they're not really doing anything. So if they could like Play>Chess like it was a game but gain logic. Does this maybe already exist? I tried googling and only get sims 4 results.

In fact it bothers me that the computer does not have many "nerdy" functions...
Theorist
#12131 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:42 PM
So by doing this workaround and getting the bone phone to show up on a community lot, it glitches out by debiting aspiration points instead of household funds?
Test Subject
#12132 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 5:03 AM
You can actually place the Resurrect-O-Nomitron normally on owned business lots, and it will stay in place if you sell the lot back to the community, it just doesn't have any interactions, at least not when I tried it. I want it to be usable so sims without a college degree can have easier access to it to resurrect their loved ones.
Forum Resident
#12133 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:32 AM
Why would you need aspiration points to use the resurrect-o-nomitron from the inventory? Actually, how would you even use it from the inventory?

And wouldn't this all be easier to avoid by just downloading an unlocked one?
Theorist
#12134 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:32 AM
That is strange indeed. So the aspiration points deduct is a feature then? Because inventory is usually accessible free of charge - that's the point; Sims have already bought things they're carrying along.

sugoisama, PhiolosophicalDebate wrote above that getting the nomitron on a lot just like that will make it not show any interactions. I'm wondering what exactly does the inventory mod change about that...
Mad Poster
#12135 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:13 PM
I deleted all my posts about the issue, and here's the information about this item.
Sorry for the misinformation. Lack of coffee does this to you.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Resurrect-O-Nomitron

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#12136 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 3:23 PM
Haha, it's ok. Does that mean that there's no solution so far about the unusable nomitron on community lots? Would changing the guardian BHAV do the trick, or is it more complicated than that?
Forum Resident
#12137 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
That is strange indeed. So the aspiration points deduct is a feature then? Because inventory is usually accessible free of charge - that's the point; Sims have already bought things they're carrying along.

sugoisama, PhiolosophicalDebate wrote above that getting the nomitron on a lot just like that will make it not show any interactions. I'm wondering what exactly does the inventory mod change about that...

I meant a mod to unlock the resurrect-o-nomitron in the catalogue, so that it can be placed onto the community lot in build mode. I don't believe no mod like that exists for this what, 17 year old game, something like this has to exist

Edit: It's this one
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12138 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:29 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 24th Aug 2021 at 10:16 PM.
The mod by sophie david makes them available in the catalog, on both res and comm. The link for simsfandom says that they are on a secret society lot, and sims can use them? So do they not work then with the mod by sophie david?
Mad Poster
#12139 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 2:14 AM
Lovebirds and budgies with custom play animations and the option to breed and hand-feed the babies. If the babies are neglected for too long, they will die. There could also be a chance of one or more babies dying in the nesting box, and possibly a greater chance of dying while being hand-fed by a sim with low logic and possibly cooking skills due to the process of making bird food just right. Too hot and it can burn a hole in the bird's crop (OUCH!) and too cold, and it can cause crop stasis and possibly sour crop from food fermentation. Baby bird formula mix must be kept inside the fridge so it won't go rancid. Birbs will have to be fed every two sim-hours for the first six hours, then every four hours for the next couple days until they become adults.
Mad Poster
#12140 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Lovebirds and budgies with custom play animations and the option to breed and hand-feed the babies. If the babies are neglected for too long, they will die. There could also be a chance of one or more babies dying in the nesting box, and possibly a greater chance of dying while being hand-fed by a sim with low logic and possibly cooking skills due to the process of making bird food just right. Too hot and it can burn a hole in the bird's crop (OUCH!) and too cold, and it can cause crop stasis and possibly sour crop from food fermentation. Baby bird formula mix must be kept inside the fridge so it won't go rancid. Birbs will have to be fed every two sim-hours for the first six hours, then every four hours for the next couple days until they become adults.

=================
As a former finch breeder, this really caught my attention. I would be happy if your could just breed the parrot (but would like other birds too), who would have to raise babies themselves. And if they were love birds or zebra finches they would OVER-POPULATE!

Test Subject
#12141 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The mod by sophie david makes them available in the catalog, on both res and comm. The link for simsfandom says that they are on a secret society lot, and sims can use them? So do they not work then with the mod by sophie david?

I think secret societies technically count as residential lots. That's why you have full access to buy and build mode there, so that's presumably why the Resurrect-O-Nomitron works there, too.
Mad Poster
#12142 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=================
As a former finch breeder, this really caught my attention. I would be happy if your could just breed the parrot (but would like other birds too), who would have to raise babies themselves. And if they were love birds or zebra finches they would OVER-POPULATE!

Budgies would overpopulate as well - those birds can breed several times per year if allowed to do so, and they will often have around five or six babies per clutch. One of the budgies we had would sometimes have around seven eggs or more per clutch.
Field Researcher
#12143 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:50 PM
I would like a mod or hacked object that can RANDOMIZE school marks of unplayable/townie teenagers (not kids, there would be a problem if kids have D and/or E).
Theorist
#12144 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 5:05 PM
If someone makes such a mod, I'd definitely like for children to be included as well in the grade randomization. Perhaps flavor packs, such as everyone's grades only A-D, or kids A-D and teens A-F, or just kids, or just teens...

Besides everyone in their family getting a bad memory that the child is failing school, I don't think there's anything inherently bad about them getting a D report card. The social worker only comes to take them away if any child has an F on the lot.
Instructor
#12145 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 12:11 AM
I wish the medicine cabinet interactions were on all mirrors, since I always forget that the medicine cabinets are even in the game. Dunno if that's possible to mod but I would download such mod.
Field Researcher
#12146 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 2:53 AM
I wish the medicine cabinet interactions were on all mirrors, since I always forget that the medicine cabinets are even in the game. Dunno if that's possible to mod but I would download such mod.

I believe there are invisible recolours of the medicine cabinet, but then you do have to put it up yourself each time.
Instructor
#12147 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 3:02 AM
I did see those, I may get them if that's all that exists and it's not possible somebody may make a mod that applies to all the mirrors one day. But again yeah, I'd have to remember to put them still.
Mad Poster
#12148 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Budgies would overpopulate as well - those birds can breed several times per year if allowed to do so, and they will often have around five or six babies per clutch. One of the budgies we had would sometimes have around seven eggs or more per clutch.

You've had better luck then me! Years ago had outdoor aviary with 40 pairs of budgies; it was rare to get a baby fledged! Between hens that wouldn't sit, and birds killing babies in other nests...

Mad Poster
#12149 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
You've had better luck then me! Years ago had outdoor aviary with 40 pairs of budgies; it was rare to get a baby fledged! Between hens that wouldn't sit, and birds killing babies in other nests...

Trying to breed dachshunds once - the male sat at the fence for 24 hours a day, barking at other interested suitors (he kept them away, though, but never got around to the female himself). My Sims are rather bad at breeding pets as well I feel a lot better after reading your post about my abilities (not even talking about the fancy breed of chickens I had once....)
Top Secret Researcher
#12150 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:40 AM
It would be cool for a teen (or child when turning into a teen) to become a witch by receiving the Hogwarts letter.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Page 486 of 576