Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#12251 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 12:45 AM
I am not talented with SimPE.
I wish there was a facemask that covered the whole face and neck (like the Evil witch) that matched Amaryll's brass default replacement.
Then I could customize their appearance using Fussy Up without messing about in SimPE
Advertisement
Scholar
#12252 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 6:30 PM
I would like my Sims to be hungry without skipping meals.
As hungry as I am when I get home after work, and I feel like singing one of Queen' songs while I serve the meal - I want it all, and I want it NOW!

Apparently making Sims hungry faster is very complicated, or so I've heard.
I wonder if making the default dishes less filling would be easier...
But is that feasible? If it is, I would love such a mod <3
Top Secret Researcher
#12253 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 6:36 AM
It would be cool if sims can only drive a car when they have a drivers license in their inventory. That way "the police" can take their drivers license and they can't drive anymore or teens need to learn to drive before getting one. Maybe they can have a temp one.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#12254 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
It would be cool if sims can only drive a car when they have a drivers license in their inventory. That way "the police" can take their drivers license and they can't drive anymore or teens need to learn to drive before getting one. Maybe they can have a temp one.

I can see it being a test of whether or not one has enough mechanical points to be able to get a license, too. Maybe someone can make a 'certificate' to be given to the successful test taker, too. Would it be that hard, I wonder.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#12255 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 3:25 PM
I would like a hack that allows sims to use umbrellas on rainy/snowy days.

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Field Researcher
#12256 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 1:06 PM
Either mod or hacked pet bed that allows more than one pet to sleep? Even better - to allow a whole litter of puppies or kittens to sleep together.
Top Secret Researcher
#12257 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I can see it being a test of whether or not one has enough mechanical points to be able to get a license, too. Maybe someone can make a 'certificate' to be given to the successful test taker, too. Would it be that hard, I wonder.

I can make a career with a drivers license as a career reward, but it would have 10 levels and still the license cant be taken by the police and the sim can drive the car without a license as well.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
#12258 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 10:15 AM
Umm...what you simmers think about CATERING and WEDDING sign?
Test Subject
#12259 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 3:14 PM
I'd like a mod where any sim can fly to work (and other community lots). It's only available for sims with law enforcement careers. That ability would be awesome for fairies and superheroes.
Mad Poster
#12260 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 3:56 PM
And it seems we have a disagreeable spammer in da house.
And about Uni cooks; I agree that they cook boring food. Some of them have lots of cooking skills, but will only cook mack&cheese or spaghetti. I even had one that ONLY cooked a custom Asian dish for lunch and dinner. I finally gave the students their own frig and stove, and a BBQ, and they enjoyed learning how to cook more interesting stuff.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#12261 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 7:28 PM
I'm not that bothered about what the cafeteria workers cook, as I view as them getting given a specific timetable telling them what to cook and at what time. Basically, like a lot of schools, at least where I live; for example you could get chips, pizza, or burgers on a Monday, but then pasta, rice, or roast dinners on a Tuesday, and so on.

It would also be unrealistic if uni students were getting lobster thermidor every night, but that's just me

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#12262 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 10:44 PM
If sims 2 could be open world and you could build in it like Minecraft, Imagine the endless possibilities. Skyscrapers as tall as you want, towns as big as you want, and sims could walk for miles literally to get from one place to another. If sims 5 could ever be like that, I would buy it. You could literally build your own open world.
Lab Assistant
#12263 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Either mod or hacked pet bed that allows more than one pet to sleep? Even better - to allow a whole litter of puppies or kittens to sleep together.

@Lena88: That mod exists!

https://modthesims.info/d/518144

It's an invisible pet bed that you can place on existing pet beds to give the illusion of them cuddling together on one
Mad Poster
#12264 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:41 AM
A mod that randomized handedness maybe with tokens, so most sims would write, eat, and paint right-handed, while one out of ten would do those things left-handed. Maybe an optional guitar module where a sim would play the guitar upside-down and left-handed, if that was the hand the sim preferred. The writing and eating shouldn't be a problem with animations as there are animations for both hands. And for the remote control and phones, the animations can be flipped. I think it would be best to be token-based, where you click on the ground or your sim and you can choose to give, change, or remove the handedness token. Inherited handedness could have special bonuses for lefty parents, or it could just be randomized. Would that be possible?
Forum Resident
#12265 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 5:38 AM
I'd like to see a mod that made Identical twins a possibility. They obviously thought of this concept, when they created the Pleasant twins. So why make it impossible for it to occur in the game? I'm not even sure such a mod would be remotely possible. But i figure, it would go something like this:

Birth --->
• Single / Double ?
• If Double: Identical / Fraternal ?
• If Identical, duplicate body mesh; if not, proceed as normal

Of course, that's overly simplistic... but the game should (theoretically) be able to handle that kind of instruction. It would seem like duplicating the face it generates would be simple enough... simpler than creating 2 random faces from the parents' facial structure, anyway. Personalities are randomized for twins already, so no need to tinker with that.

Is it really as simple as instructing the game to re-create the same face, after a check for identical or fraternal? Probably not... if it was easy, or even moderately difficult, someone in the Sims community would've probably accomplished it already. And i'm sure a mod like that wold cement their status as a modder Legend! It's just something I'd like to have in game, and think others would enjoy as well. I just cant understand why Maxis didn't include it to begin with. They thought about it. It was staring them right in the face. Oh well.

-grinEvilly
>=)
Mad Poster
#12266 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:36 AM
EA/Maxis was working with (I would like to believe) the fact that identical twins are far less common in real life than not. Fraternal twins are the norm, and I would just think that Lillith and her sister are just copies of one another, with their personalities similar-heck, their one true hobby was the same, as was their astrological sign.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Top Secret Researcher
#12267 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I'd like to see a mod that made Identical twins a possibility. They obviously thought of this concept, when they created the Pleasant twins. So why make it impossible for it to occur in the game? I'm not even sure such a mod would be remotely possible. But i figure, it would go something like this:

Birth --->
• Single / Double ?
• If Double: Identical / Fraternal ?
• If Identical, duplicate body mesh; if not, proceed as normal

Of course, that's overly simplistic... but the game should (theoretically) be able to handle that kind of instruction. It would seem like duplicating the face it generates would be simple enough... simpler than creating 2 random faces from the parents' facial structure, anyway. Personalities are randomized for twins already, so no need to tinker with that.

Is it really as simple as instructing the game to re-create the same face, after a check for identical or fraternal? Probably not... if it was easy, or even moderately difficult, someone in the Sims community would've probably accomplished it already. And i'm sure a mod like that wold cement their status as a modder Legend! It's just something I'd like to have in game, and think others would enjoy as well. I just cant understand why Maxis didn't include it to begin with. They thought about it. It was staring them right in the face. Oh well.

-grinEvilly
>=)

There's something called "First born syndrome" which can be used as a workaround to get identical twins.
It's a workaround so not perfect, but it's not impossible to have identical twins.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12268 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
There's something called "First born syndrome" which can be used as a workaround to get identical twins.

You'd have to save and exit after the first twin is born and before the second twin is born for this to occur, which I don't think is possible, is it?
Forum Resident
#12269 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:43 PM
Well... the percentages could be tweaked, so it didn't have to be 50/50... Roughly 2/3 of twins are fraternal, though that number can fluctuate. But the game's mechanics can handle that kind of thing, as it does with plenty of other options in the game, like chance cards, for example.

"First Born Syndrome" is a copying of personalities, which isn't necessarily true for identical twins. They will have (virtually) the same appearance, but their personalities could be night and day. So the idea wasn't especially to make them have the exact same personalities. I personally don't feel like that would be very realistic. I know you can use sim surgery to copy and replace the appearance, but then you have to discard one of the twins that generated. That feels more like killing and cloning, than twins. Maybe that's too macabre. But ripping a kid's face off and replacing it with a sibling's face just isn't what i had in mind.

-gE
>=)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12270 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
"First Born Syndrome" is a copying of personalities, which isn't necessarily true for identical twins. They will have (virtually) the same appearance, but their personalities could be night and day.

It's everything- it seems that most of the randomizers in-game are broken:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...122#post5095122
In this thread are some pictures from when my daughter and I tested the firstborn effect on our computers; Mootilda did some digging into the code and found what I summarised in the above post.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....842#post2251842
Of course LazyDuchess has fixed this now with dll injection, but in an unmodded game if you boot up the game and immediately have two sims give birth to a baby, then reboot the game and repeat, the face and personality and genetics will always be identical (unless something happens to roll the in-game randomizer, such as spawning an NPC).

My post above was just questioning whether it's possible to save in between birthing twins. If it is, then you could (in the unmodded game) save before twin #1, reboot and birth twin #1, save and reboot and then birth twin #2, and have genetically identical twins each time. Their personalities would always be the same but you can change those easily enough in-game.

If you don't save, exit and reload the game in-between birthing each twin (or indeed before having the first one, as normal game play can randomize them), then the game randomizers will be triggered from the first birth, and will give a different result for the second twin.
Scholar
#12271 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:42 PM
Out of topic, I know, but...
Has someone disagreed with each and every post in this page? o_O
Alchemist
#12272 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:15 PM
simsample, I don't think you can save in between births in a multiple birth pregnancy. The way to do it, I think, is that you have a single birth, and use cheats to make the sim pregnant/give birth again immediately after. Because the randomizer is broken, the baby from the second birth should be the exact same as the first, if the gender is the same. Whereas with regular twins, there seems to be a check somewhere that prevents each baby in the multiple birth sequence from being the same (the one place where the randomizer works, maybe ). I know you can have identical sets of twins--in which set 1 is identical to set 2, as in 1A is identical to 2A and 1B is identical to 2B.

I do wonder if that could be changed now, with the randomizer fix. Seems like it should be possible anyway.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12273 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Out of topic, I know, but...
Has someone disagreed with each and every post in this page? o_O

yes. someone is having a bad day. Disagreeable day, in fact.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12274 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
simsample, I don't think you can save in between births in a multiple birth pregnancy. The way to do it, I think, is that you have a single birth, and use cheats to make the sim pregnant/give birth again immediately after. Because the randomizer is broken, the baby from the second birth should be the exact same as the first, if the gender is the same.

I was originally replying to @lientebollemeis in that I don't think their suggestion of using the firstborn syndrome as a 'workaround to get identical twins' will work, because you cannot save between twins.
Unfortunately your idea of making a sim pregnant immediately after would not work to get identical twins, for the same reason that (in the unmodded game) ordinary gameplay twins will never be identical.

As far as the game is concerned, twins are exactly the same as two consecutive pregnancies from the same parents. Once the randomizer is run during gameplay, you are less likely to get the same result again (unless you reboot).

I'm going to quote Mootilda to explain this better- but all of the information is in the threads I linked earlier.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The game has a number of different randomizers for different things, including personality, genetics, sex, etc. There's an bug in the personality randomizer, which Pes documented. After doing some research, I'm convinced that there is also a bug in the genetics randomizer. However, the sex randomizer seems to work correctly.

The problem is that computers are not very good at being random. Instead, they are really great at doing exactly the same thing every time.

Randomizers work as follows: You provide an initial "seed" value. After that, each call to the randomizer runs an algorithm (mathematical formula) on the existing value to produce a new value. If the seed value is the same each time you run the program, then the set of "random" numbers generated will be the same, every single time.

Because of this, you want to use a random number as the seed. But remember, computers are really bad at being random, so where do you get this "random" seed? Often programmers will seed the randomizer with the time, which is likely to be random.

(Note that the time is not always a reasonable "random" seed. For example, I've heard of problems because a gambling program was started automatically at the exact same time every day. Instead of random numbers, the exact same numbers were being generated every time. Someone noticed the pattern and used that bug to win a lot of money.)

Unfortunately, it looks like the genetics seed is always the same value, which means that the "random" numbers will not be random at all. Since we don't have access to the seed, which is inside the EXE, the only other option for getting a random number is to run the randomizer a random number of times. That's why you roll the pacifier a random number of times when you start the game; you are basically running each of the randomizers when you roll the pacifier.

The Batbox does basically the same thing, because it runs the Make New Character primitive, which in turn runs each of the randomizers.

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Yes, the batbox creates a "random" number of sims, which it then discards. Unfortunately, it looks like the batbox is using a broken random number generator, so the "random" number of sims is exactly the same every time.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I do wonder if that could be changed now, with the randomizer fix. Seems like it should be possible anyway.

The randomizer fix will make it less likely to get identical twins through gameplay, as the first sim generated on bootup will be truly random now. The only way to get identical twins would be to clone a sim or use alt sim surgery to make them identical appearance-wise, and copy the recessives over. Of course thee are only a finite number of possible faces that the game can produce so sooner or later you'd get two that look alike enough to be considered identical anyway.
Alchemist
#12275 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 12:46 AM
I think I get it. When I had my identical sets of twins, I did indeed quit and restart the game in between. So my legacy founder's second set of twins had the same faces, though the genders were different--the first set was boy/boy and the second was boy/girl. So, if I'm understanding it correctly, when I shut down my game and then restarted, the genetics numbers were set back to where they were before, when my sim gave birth the first time, so I got the same genetics again. Is that right?

And I didn't mean to imply that the randomizer fix could help simmers get identical twins. Instead I meant that if the randomizer could be fixed, we could also probably change how twins' genetics are rolled. So theoretically, such a mod would insert an extra roll into the multiple births process. If a sim was having a multiple birth, then it would roll for a chance that the babies would be identical. If yes, then it would keep the genetics from the first baby, if no, it'd roll new genetics for every kid. But I'm not sure how plausible that is.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 491 of 576