Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:59 AM
Default Has anyone ever made a floor tile that behaves like terrain?
I have an apartment lot where the creator fenced all of the terrain tiles outside the apartment with floor dividers, and made all of the outside area of the apartment floored with stone tiles. It looks nice, but it means I can't place a flamingo for my sims to kick to quickly recover their fun bar. I can change the tiles to a different flooring, but I can't remove them, and disabling the apartment build restrictions doesn't seem to change this. So, is there a CC floor tile that behaves like terrain that I can place a flamingo on?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:02 PM
The Moveobjects cheat could maybe solve the flamingo problem as long as the area is part of what you can edit? Should let you place flamingos (almost) anywhere. I don't think the cheat would be an issue for apartment buildings when it's a lived-in lot, as long as you don't move around other stuff you're not supposed to.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 10:01 PM
Oh, good point. I'll see if that works. I do worry that the flamingo may not work correctly if it's placed that way, though.

Edit: Fascinating. I placed the flamingo with move_objects, and had a sim Macro -> Kick Stuff, she kicked it once and after it fell over and she picked it back up again, it teleported to a nearby terrain tile and she went over there to continue kicking it, which seemed to work fine after that. So I guess that worked, after a fashion.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:06 PM
Stuff usually still work when you place it with Moveobjects, as long as sims still can access it from all directions they need to, so I can't see why it shouldn't work (unless there's issues with apatments and object placement, of course).

When applying Moveobjects, most deco items don't actually care whether they're placed on floor tiles or terrain, even if their coding say they're supposed to - I think it's probably just an indoor VS outdoor thing with the flamingo (and gnome? I don't use these two a lot). Without the cheat you can't place these items because the game thinks they belong outside, but with the cheat you can place them pretty much wherever you want as long as it follows the restrictions of Moveobjects.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:34 PM
They need to be placed on terrain, it doesn't actually matter whether or not it's outside.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:41 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2021 at 11:56 PM.
In a "floortile is more likely to be indoors" VS "terrain more likely to be outdoors" way, I mean. Maybe the game creators just assumed you'd be more likely to put those items on grass/terrain than for instance on a floortiled porch or indoors, and made it so you couldn't put it on floortiles without cheats. Not sure if that's how they meant it to be, but it seems somewhat likely. EAxis' original non-cheaty building/decorating rules were annoying, which is why we're constantly going around them with cheats and CC.