Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM Last edited by systempain : 15th Jul 2010 at 6:11 AM.
Default "Decorated" Formula
I have been wondering recently what the cheapest way to get the Beautifully Decorated moodlet would be, and realized that I'd have to know the system better in order to do so. I assumed that there was a certain number that had to be reached with objects' Environment scores, but quickly realized that it is more complex than that. I will update this post as I happen upon new information. From looking around, plus my own experience, here's what i know so far:
  • The size of a room is a factor
  • Objects have different Environment values than listed in-game

If anyone wants to help, let me know what you find.
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:26 AM
I think I had a look at the xml for this a while ago... and from what I can remember, I thought it was that simple - environment score = moodlet. I'll look again tomorow.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 1:53 AM
The environmental scores displayed in the buy catalog by default are pure USDA Grade A BS and should be entirely ignored. AwesomeMod has a "better info dialog" that shows what's REALLY going on and what the REAL values for objects are. I'll go root through the code to figure out what the realvalue thresholds for the moodlets are.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:59 AM Last edited by systempain : 15th Jul 2010 at 6:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The environmental scores displayed in the buy catalog by default are pure USDA Grade A BS and should be entirely ignored. AwesomeMod has a "better info dialog" that shows what's REALLY going on and what the REAL values for objects are. I'll go root through the code to figure out what the realvalue thresholds for the moodlets are.

I did notice when looking at some source code (I'm trying to learn modding), that they had different environment scores, so that makes sense. One example is that the Fishing Scene painting, which has an in-game environment score of 4, has a coded value of 13, so the scale is different as well.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:49 PM
It's not that the scale is different: It's that the values displayed in the catalog by default are utter bollocks. It doesn't matter what is being displayed: Fun, Hunger, Energy, all the ratings for ALL objects are UTTER BOLLOCKS. You discover some REALLY interesting things when you see the REAL ratings in AWESOMEMOD: Things you might have thought were good from the junk values printed turn out to be Kewian-based lies. Other seemingly underrated items are actually awesome. The truth shall set you free.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:01 PM
Okay I can believe that. What is awesomemod? I know it's a core mod and fixes stuff, but I haven't seen it on this site. Where can I find it?
Site Helper
#7 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM
You get it from MATY. It does a lot of stuff, so read carefully before you install it. Once you've installed it you can't uninstall and keep playing the same game, because it's always "in use" and removing a hack that is "in use" will cause errors.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You get it from MATY. It does a lot of stuff, so read carefully before you install it. Once you've installed it you can't uninstall and keep playing the same game, because it's always "in use" and removing a hack that is "in use" will cause errors.

Could I use it when I'm playing one neighborhood and not another?
Site Helper
#9 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:18 PM
only if you remove it and clear the caches before loading the game. It's a core mod, so it loads when the game does and will be in every neighborhood you start.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:00 PM
I'll try it out when I'm done with my legacy. Then I'll see if I can find the proper formula.