Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:10 AM
Finaly Finished!!!
Lol, it took me a while but i FINALLY Finished my CAS!!! The pictures are to large to put as attachments, but i am going to make it donwlaodable, just search for it when you get the time.

"I believe, that fish and people can coexist peacefully." George W. Bush
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 10:09 AM
Now I'll give up! I've tryed almost everyday but the CAS wont show up in the lot catalog! Help :P
Test Subject
#128 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 7:46 PM
I have a question...if i will delete my seasons, then create the CAS and install seasons again, the sims will still freeze like that?
great tutorial =] i already made a cas long time ago but i deleted some of the custom objects, and now it looks kinda ugly now so i want to remake it X_X
Instructor
#129 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snow_Tiger
I have a question...if i will delete my seasons, then create the CAS and install seasons again, the sims will still freeze like that?
great tutorial =] i already made a cas long time ago but i deleted some of the custom objects, and now it looks kinda ugly now so i want to remake it X_X

You dont need to Uninstall Seasons for the CAS! Screen! just get base game starter pro (here), and start with any game other than seasons, then do the steps in Vashti's tutorial...
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:15 PM
i don't have the CAS!.package in my computer!...wat do i do now??
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#131 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:30 AM
rocknroll13 -- you must not be looking in the correct directory, because the CAS comes with the game.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#132 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 8:27 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We need more gothic CAS!-screens!!

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Test Subject
#133 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 2:20 PM
):
The Tutorial Was Reelii Good, But My Sims Keep Freezing!
Then After About 2 Mins The Aplication Crashes!
Can Someone Tell Me Why This Is?
Test Subject
#134 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 8:18 AM
I could not find the CAS! and YACAS! thing.

I like CHOCOLATE cake.
Instructor
#135 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broomyXD
I could not find the CAS! and YACAS! thing.

Did you go to your game installation files?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#136 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:11 PM
YourLadyOfSorrows

Yes, read the part about not being able to make a custom CAS using Seasons. You must go learn how to use base game installer and make a configuration of your game w/o seasons to build your CAS in.

Broomy, look carefully at the directory headers in the example, and follow all the instructions - you will be looking for a lot in your new blank neighborhood, doing some renaming and so on. If you miss a detail, you will have a difficult time finding your files.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:47 PM
Thank you so much for this easy to follow tut! I was able to get it first try and I made a simple CAS with up to Nightlife installed and no custom content.

Test Subject
#138 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:37 PM
My sims will freeze, if i put roof on CAS?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#139 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 9:10 PM
Your sims will freeze if you try and make a custom CAS and own Seasons. To make them not freeze, you must use the base game starter and not include Seasons EP when you _make_ your new CAS. Then you can bring your new CAS into your regular game.

Test Subject
#140 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 1:15 AM
Is there anything I can do to help fix the Seasons with out the Basegamestarter? I don't like frozen sims!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#141 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:19 AM
animagic - you must build your CAS house using the basegame starter (and any combo of eps before seasons, although many folks also exclude pets)

Then you CAS will work with any version of the game with all those eps (and any extras). SO you must use basegame starter to begin the project if you have seasons installed.

Test Subject
#142 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:12 PM
Em... guys.... exuse me please... coz I am disturbing you with stupid questions! I always understood everything with SIMS 2, but now... this CAS - freezing - I cannot understand anything.... 1. I got Seasons - that`s why my sims freeze..... mmm..... so... I dont want to delete my sims because of freezing in the CAS house.... but - I wonna ask... Why they are freezing in Seasons? And I must switch this Base Game Starter before everytime I use Sims2? Or only when I create the CAS house? Can u tell about it again for me? 100 exuses... but i want new CAS, but... missunderstoodd........ exuse me again!

This is the end.... We are Going UNDER

This Beautiful Republic Rights Reserved
Test Subject
#143 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 6:29 PM
This is an awesome tutorial! It's quick and simple. Thanks so much!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#144 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 9:35 PM
RomanceXGirl - uhm, if you read the thread, you'd have the answer - that was JUST answered right above your post.

MAKE your new CAS using the base game starter and exclude Seasons in your 'base' game. Then it will work in all games.

Lab Assistant
#145 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 11:09 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I have always been so hesitant to alter anything with my Sims 2 Files since my pc usually crashes in the past.

And now that I have a Macbook Pro, I was even more scared that the same thing might happen . . .

But what the heck!

I followed it step by step & PRESTO!!!

It worked like MAGIC!

So for all those Mac users, this tutorial is very helpfull just in case you want to spruce up your CAS!

Tiggerypum, i salute you for this tutorial!!! I have always been so intimidated with all this tutorials but since you assured that it was easy, I gave it a shot! And now my CAS screen is just the way I like it!

My deepest gratitude goes to you!

SALUTE!

Romeo

That's me, silly. Not a sim. But uh, if you're into me, good. If not, whatever.
Test Subject
#146 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
RomanceXGirl - uhm, if you read the thread, you'd have the answer - that was JUST answered right above your post.

MAKE your new CAS using the base game starter and exclude Seasons in your 'base' game. Then it will work in all games.

Thanks a lot. I will try. So, If I will install Bon Voyage in September( New realese) - will it wirk correctly?

This is the end.... We are Going UNDER

This Beautiful Republic Rights Reserved
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#147 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 3:22 AM
RomanceXGirl - uhm how are we supposed to know - do you think Maxis gives us test copies of the game? Whatever happens then happens then, that's how it always is.

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 6:36 AM
tiggerypum: you have the patience of a saint, my dear.

Thank you for this tutorial! I was always very curious. I am a bit disappointed I have to go through the trouble of the base game starter, but I suppose that's life.
Test Subject
#149 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:12 PM
Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!! I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED THE FILE TYPE OF MY CAS! AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS!
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 4:28 PM
My sims face be greay and it frozen and fall!!
Help!!

Sorry my bad english!
Page 6 of 11