Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#126 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:20 PM
You buy it. Besides which, seriously, GOOGLE is your friend. We're on the web here folks. Paintshop Pro is less expensive (but NOT free - there is a free trial, but you'll just start getting the hang of using it and your trial will be over). Btw, for what we do here an older version of photoshop will do just fine, so you might also be able to find some good web bargains for that.

GIMP is free. You'll need to use tutorials (again, available online) to learn how to use it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 11:48 AM
Default Back side
If I want to make a top but I don´t have the back side how can I do it?

Sorry for my bad English :confused:
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 11:51 AM
Default Logo for clothes
How can I put only the logo in a top? :confused:

sorry for my bad English
Test Subject
#129 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 6:34 PM
really I need photoshop?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#130 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM
Simtovich - for you to be able to do many of the more complex editing techniques to edit the graphics and make new outfits, you need a graphics editing program that supports LAYERS. Layers are like transparencies (those thin sheets of clear plastic) that you can put different parts of your graphic on. It makes it easy to edit them, you can also make some layers transparent, and use say, the shading from a Maxis garment to shade your new outfit, and so on.

Three program that support layers (there might be more): Photoshop (expensive, but you do not need the newest version!), Paintshop Pro (trial on the web, costs less than photoshop), and GIMP (free, and I found the interface a bit confusing, so you will want to use tutorials to learn your way around)

Actually for any of these programs once you get them, doing some tutorials, particularly ones that teach you how to work with layers - is highly recommended. They are powerful and complex programs, and there's a lot to learn. When I first started working with photoshop, the layers were both wonderful and drove me batty because I'd end up on the wrong layer, edit on the wrong layer, etc. I still sometimes do that, and I've now been using it for years for my job. :P
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nyane23
How can I put only the logo in a top? :confused:

sorry for my bad English

Putting a logo on a shirt is pretty easy. All you need to do is take the image of the logo, copy it, and paste it onto the shirt. It might get distorted a bit on a female sim, because the image stretches over the body, and you may or may not want to reshape the image to compensate.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
#132 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 3:42 AM
I'm a newbie of the sim 2, at first i feel disapointed with the lack of things in the game. And I wish I could make something for my own. Now with this help I'm sure I can make a lot of things. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 1:54 AM
.....You ROCK!

"Remembering one thing leads to remembering another, and then another...Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together. I don't destroy memories. I just take apart the links and rearrange them. You still have all your memories." -Naminé
#134 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 9:15 AM
the step bu step pictures wont load
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 10:27 PM
Yep. This happened with another tutorial. Looks like the images got moved. I'll fix it.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#136 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 1:25 AM
BTW...

How do you use it with MS Paint?
#137 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 1:35 AM
I don't get it
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 5:50 AM
this isn't fair! my sims 2 body shop won't work can someone help me1

[COLOR=Yellow]I love the Lord, Jesus Christ, and yellow!!!!! Psalms 139:23-24 look it up if you have a Bible, because I don't want to type it all.
Test Subject
#139 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 1:03 PM
but not everyone haves photoshop
were can i this tutorial find for psp 7?

sorry abaout my english I'm from the netherlands
Test Subject
#140 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 4:21 AM
wow it's that easy thanks now that helps
Test Subject
#141 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 10:34 AM
I've used your tutorial to create clothing with PaintShopPro. The only thing I have problems with are the laye. So I'm not getting the shading right.
Can anyone else help me?
Field Researcher
#142 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 12:09 PM Last edited by TullyKat1 : 4th Jan 2006 at 2:54 AM.
Recolour tut excellent, I mean they all are but I went thur that one eazy pezy but I'm having problems getting the fabric sample big enough when I try to change textures. I got a fabric sample scale it down to about 5in x 5in then copy/pasted about 6 times ending up with a sample about 12 x 12 it covers the sleeves ok but it is still to small to cover the body and I've got no more space left in the original square which is locked and totally filled with pattern. I just left the sleeves changed saved as but also model will not refresh so tried flatten then save as (did the overwrite thing again) still no luck :yech: can anyone help me out I would love to get textures happening
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 7:21 AM
I really loved how you explained everything it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T! Only one problem it's now how you explained it and it's not your fault but I think you can help. I saved and followed instructions carefully but when I went to bodyshop and clicking refreshed nothing happened.

Hope you can help, wudrichj <3
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#144 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 9:30 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 6th Jan 2006 at 11:24 AM.
wudrichj and tullycat

Try tutorial #1. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39088 This tutorial is the advanced one that assumes you've already gotten all the basic recoloring steps down. I'm sure you are somehow not saving your finished work into the right place.

Also, make sure you are saving as a BMP file and that the filename is not changed at all. That will flatten it automatically. You should see that it's saving to your project inside your projects folder. If you saved it in the wrong place, just copy it to the right place.

To save your project for future edits/usefulness, save it as a photoshop or paintshop format giving it whatever name you want in some folder that's not your projects folder. *do not flatten it*, because then you won't be able to move the fabrics, change the transparencies or anything else fun anymore.
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:11 PM
U explained perfect but it will not load when i click refresh sim HELP!!!
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:15 PM
i saved in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Bodyshop/Projects/(project name)/body~stdMatBaseTextureName.psd (it wont save as bmp or else it saves as body~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp.psd
i
Test Subject
#147 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:28 PM
i tried that other tutorial and it worked but if i add anything ex. logos its wont load in bodyshop
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#148 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:26 AM
You need to go find the option that will actually save as a bmp. There should be some filetype choices someplace in your save box. Which verson of photoshop are you using?

When I say 'save as' a window pop up. Underneath my directory listing there is a line that says "Format:" with a pop up menu next to it. I select BMP on that menu. Then I make sure the filename at the top doesn't say anything like 'copy' or whatever in it. (this is photoshop 7, but all versions should have something like that)
Test Subject
#149 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 6:48 PM
thanks for posting this.. it's been a while since i've made skins and i only used to make them for The Sims, not Sims 2 yet.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:14 AM
Okay, question. Instead of copying and pasting the pattern over and over and then piecing together, etc., couldn't I just create a pattern fill in Photoshop? Seems it would be much easier. Maybe I'll try.

And does anyone have any favorite fabric sites they especially like? The ones I have aren't so great because they have teeny little samples that don't repeat, etc.

Tracy

*Some people only dream of angels; we held one in our arms.*
Remembering Jacob March 8 - 9, 1996
Our Angel
Page 6 of 12