Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 9:25 AM
Default Changing The Sims 3 plumbob to The Sims Medieval one
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to convert The Sims 3 Plumbob into The Sims Medieval one. I thought it was going to be as easy as replacing all Plumbob files from The Sims 3 with the Medieval ones since it was built on the same engine as the Sims 3. But no haha.. the game accepts the files to be replaced (as in it doesn't do anything to my game, it doesn't change the plumbob one bit but it doesn't destroy it either) except for the .OBJD. When I add that one, the game goes crazy. The UI has missing parts and I can't interact with anything anymore. I can see that the .OBJD files are way different in terms of text but it doen't make me any wiser because I do some modding but mostley tuning and texture replacements etc. Can someone help me please

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 10:42 AM
Heya! 

Sounds like it's more that it can't figure out the mesh itself. Have you tried going into S3OC and then cloned the plumb bob from there? And then replacing the mesh? (In S3OC do make sure to NOT renumber the numbers, there's a checkbox that you'll see once you start cloning it )

With default replacements you do want it so that the instance number is exactly the same as EA's. I once made a tutorial that should help with it: https://modthesims.info/t/579498

Hope this helps!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Heya! 

Sounds like it's more that it can't figure out the mesh itself. Have you tried going into S3OC and then cloned the plumb bob from there? And then replacing the mesh? (In S3OC do make sure to NOT renumber the numbers, there's a checkbox that you'll see once you start cloning it )

With default replacements you do want it so that the instance number is exactly the same as EA's. I once made a tutorial that should help with it: https://modthesims.info/t/579498

Hope this helps!

Thnx for the reply Lyralei! I cloned the plumbob in S3OC I unchecked a box that a tutrorial said I had to uncheck before cloning though and then replaced everything in SP3E (.OBJD .OBJK .MODL (x2) _IMG etc). The Medieval plumbob does come with 2 extra image files and 2 .MODL files which shouldn't be a problem I guess. I was looking at that tutorial to see if I could find any solution thnx! :D