Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 12:05 AM
Default Need advice on setting up a futuristic world
I've found a cool futuristic world (Cronor) and I plan to play it soon. As it is a world set in the future it would be ideal if every sim automatically would have the Future Sim reward trait from Into the Future. Can NRAAS be used to give the trait to every existing sim and generated townies? If yes then how?

And another minor thing I want is the ability to engineer babies just like in the future. I know which NRASS module enables this but I'm not interested in its other features. Is there a mod that only gives the ability to engineer babies in the present?

Any other ideas to make the world feel more futuristic are welcome.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:18 PM
You should be able to use MC on city hall and select Sim>Advanced>Trait>Change to add the hidden trait to every sims in your town. Just click the x when the filter is applied so all sims are selected. But I don't know a way to ensure, that every newly generated sim which comes via immigration or is born in game, will get this trait applied as well...

You could use NRaas Dresser to set a futuristic dresscode for your townies (read here , scroll down to the valid parts section). This seems very much work in the beginning and I've never used it, but if you are really into the atmosphere, perhaps it is worth it?

I guess there is also a way of defining which cars are used by the townies and which cars are generated to give the feeling of traffic, but I have no experience with this, I would google NRaas+blacklisting vehicles and NRaas traffic if you want something like this.

I'm looking forward to other upcoming answers as I find this a really interesting topic
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 9:19 PM
Interesting idea! Do you think the world would need the future world flag as described here to function as intended?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 2:27 AM
Interesting tips! Also I forgot to mention, I would like Plumbots and Simbots to be able to spawn as townies and NPCs. Can that be done, preferably without NRASS Story Progression?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 10:37 AM Last edited by Smyrrna : 18th Oct 2020 at 2:52 PM.
This is neat! I think it is the most elegant solution to get all the future aspects with only one change. It is surely quicker and less of a hassle as trying to imitate everything in the home world. It also provides the "engineering baby" option without the need of any mods.

But what about the aging aspect? Is it off in the future just like it is on vacation?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Smyrrna : 18th Oct 2020 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You've never been to the future? Aging is on in the future. It differs greatly from other vacations as not only is aging on, but you can stay indefinitely.

The only real problem is that certain professions won't work, such as firefighter. But at least you can get that mod which enables all the regular RH jobs to work in the future.
No actually, I only purchased the expansion some weeks ago and haven't reached the right point for traveling yet

I just found the most amazing thread, doing exactly what we are looking for:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=643041 inserting the future world behaviour but leaving the world as a home world! I'm quite exited!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 11:11 PM
Am playing Cronor now. Wonderful world. As usual I am going through it lot by lot making minor changes. I looked at it in CAW and wish there was room to expand a bit more but no. Very well done world. As for the Sims, I have so far just changed the outfit on one bartender.