Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:01 PM
Default Change order of objects
Ok you know how all the tools expect to get the mesh groups back in the same order they were exported in? Sometimes when you're completely replacing a mesh part you make it later and if it was meant to be group00 it has been created as group02 or something. I know in Blender mesh groups are objects. How can you change the order of them in the list, or doesn't it matter with these plugins as long as they have the right name? With milkshape plugins you on;y have to have them in the right order it doesn't matter about their names.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Ok you know how all the tools expect to get the mesh groups back in the same order they were exported in? Sometimes when you're completely replacing a mesh part you make it later and if it was meant to be group00 it has been created as group02 or something. I know in Blender mesh groups are objects. How can you change the order of them in the list, or doesn't it matter with these plugins as long as they have the right name? With milkshape plugins you on;y have to have them in the right order it doesn't matter about their names.
You're using the mesh swap feature aren't you?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:33 PM
The Blender tools are name dependent, so changing the group names would also change the order.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:45 PM
Argggg. I have no idea how to change the group names. This means that my current mesh is - worthless? Is there a tutorial link on how to do that?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 6:50 PM
It looks like you can edit it in the Properties panel

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:01 PM
You can click on the Object button(little orange cube) in the Properties editor, and change the name in the text box at the top, or you look in the Properties shelf(press N to toggle) and under 'Item', change the name in that text box.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#7 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 7:22 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question Inge, but it sounds like you're asking how we go about getting new groups that we've made into the correct order/name to import back to overwrite the original. In MS we use the up and down buttons to get our new groups into the correct order. In Blender to assign a new mesh to a group you can use the Swap button to replace the EA group with your new group and it takes the name of the EA group.