Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mood Hotfix (with optional harder mood flavor)

by Buzzler Posted 25th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 87 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:52 PM
This works great. Glad to have you around.
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:23 AM
hiya i love this mod! its just that im using the "hot" difficulty but it doesnt make any difference to my game i hate extremely happy sims:'( Do you reckon its clashing with something in my game?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#103 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:27 PM
pritzooo, please refer to Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Not_Workingwiki to make sure your framework is properly set up. And, no, I can't think of anything that could possibly clash with this mod.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#104 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:02 PM Last edited by kool24 : 9th Apr 2011 at 10:16 AM.
i downloaded the first one and it worked for a lil bit then it started doing it again, i have no other mods installed.

never mind, didnt have installed correctly. Ty for mod

ver 6.2.4.010017

----------------------------------------------
All EP's but "Stuff's'"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 1:01 PM
Thank you so much for this mod. I had two sims living together and the bug seemed to affect one worse than the other. At first I thought it was because of the traits I'd picked for her but now I know that wasn't the case. I tried the hotfix but, for some reason, it made my game crash so I'm using the Less Greedy option and everything's fine so far.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:15 AM
OMG. I COMPLETELY thought this problem was me! Previously, I had uninstalled everything (prior to LN) due to some weird things going on. I thought I put everything back in but then with the latest EP (I hadn't played at all since reinstallation and new EP), I see this mood thing going on when I could so NO viable reason why it should be happening. I thought maybe I had a mod that helped moods previously and maybe I forgot to add it back so I did a search here for MOOD and VOILA! I now understand it's not me!

Thanks! Can't wait to give it a shot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:02 AM
You are a lifesaver! Well done you!
<3

Btw, I like your Pintsize avi!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:51 AM
thanks for making this ! i can play sims again ! EA needs to thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:15 PM
dear god this bug was driving me nuts. Thanks so awfully much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 10:55 PM
Thank you so much Buzzler; I was getting incredibly frustrated with my Simmies and their bad moods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:24 PM
Well done to discover this, I was having this problem and had no idea what was causing it, I play with thousands of gameplay mods and thought it was something wrong with one of them, but again is EA to blame.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 8th May 2011 at 4:40 AM
Hallelujah! I was beginning to wonder if my Sim was just a stuck-up tart after I kept sending her to the spa nearly every day and she'd just get grumpier.
Test Subject
#113 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:10 PM
Oh thank you so much! As soon as I put it in my game and started it, their mood went right up! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#114 Old 16th May 2011 at 7:44 PM
OMG, thank you <3 This was driving me insane. I thought my sim had a case of major depression or something.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:45 PM
Thank you soooooo much. This has been driving me crazy for the past week. You're a life saver.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:18 PM
Does anyone know if this still works / is still needed for Generations?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#117 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cevanna
Does anyone know if this still works / is still needed for Generations?
It is still needed. The low social bug seems to be fixed, but the moodlet bug is still there. It also still seems to work, but I'll deactivate the low social fix and update the package. Testing takes a lot of time, because the game absolutely refuses to load existing savegames.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time to look into it and update it Buzzler, it's appreciated!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#119 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:49 PM
Thanks for updating
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:36 PM
Thanks Buzzler!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#121 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:48 PM
Wait, seriously, EA never fixed this? Even with Generations? FFS. Thanks the world over.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#122 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:46 AM
Oh, is that what was causing my sims to be grumpy all the time? I wondered why they always had that darn scowl after waking up (and pretty much the rest of the day). Yay for this fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:39 PM
I'm really surprised they didn't fix this. I knew EA was bad but if someone in the user community has to point out a bug and makes a fix for it, the least they can do is ask for your permission to put it in the game if they're too lazy to fix their own coding. I just think it's really unprofessional for EA, when modders like you seem to know more and put more effort into the game code than they do. Thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
#124 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM Last edited by NeVeRLiFt : 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:04 PM.
mod is working fine with patch 1.22 and generations and all twallans mods

thank you
Test Subject
#125 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:21 PM
Is there a reason why this mod wouldn't work with the Custom Launcher with Package Management [update 6/13/2011]? I had issues running my other packages but after I used custom launcher this package (which didn't act up before) isn't working anymore.
Page 5 of 7