Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:34 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typos
Default [Tutorial] Catalog Reorganization & Hiders
This tutorial will show you how to recategorize EA or custom content, as well as create hiders for EA objects.

This tutorial is in the wiki.

Tutorial:Sims_3_Catalog_Reorganizationwiki
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:55 PM
Thanks! This is great.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 12:05 AM
slow loading
Nice tutorial! thanks!
So I tried re-categorizing and changing prices for my cc .package files.
It seemed fine but after I finished with most of my cc packages my game loading has slowed down unbelievably..........
Does anyone have same problems, or is it just me..?
Anyone knows why?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 12:33 PM
I can't seem to find it in the tutorial or a flag for it in the Object Cloner but I know I have done it in the past and fogotten. How do I mark an object as showing up in the in-game World Editor?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 5:42 PM
Thanks so much. I really must bookmark that page.

Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 10:14 AM
Default Hiders
Hi,i have found some downloadable hiders for the sims 3,where i should put them? They are .packages...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 6:41 PM
You'll want to read through this wiki article here> https://www.modthesims.info/wi...g_Package_Files

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 7:52 AM Last edited by Awkward : 19th Feb 2016 at 7:54 AM. Reason: Typos
I hope you don't mind me asking in such as old topic, but is it possible to categorize Store items? For example I have purchased a Mid-Century Modern set that has this sculpture set in plants category. Which does not make a lot of sense. I would like it to appear in Misc Decor.

What I have tried (and ultimately failed) to do:
1. As I have the sculpture installed I have fixed the .ebc file with S3RC to make it openable with S3PE.
2. I opened the .ebc file in S3PE and found the OBJD file of the sculpture.
3. I opened the OBJD file in Grid and changed the Room and Function categories making sure that I at least left one category in each (I've heard that the objects might not show up if left with no categories in either sort).
4. "Commit" and "Save".
5. Went in-game and discovered most of my CC was gone (I only have Store items + one ND skin).
6. As I have made backup of DCCache I restored and tried another method.

Method #2:
1. Downloaded the individual sculpture .sims3pack from Store.
2. Decrapified it with Compressorizer Redux.
3. Opened it with Multipack Installer and saved it as .package.
4. Opened the newly-created .package in S3PE and did everything the same way as with previous method (starting from #3).
5. Went in-game, the new package file was there but still in the same category under Plants.

Am I doing something terribly wrong or is the tutorial not meant for Store items? If not, then perhaps you can direct me to the correct path?

Thank you for your time.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 9:12 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 19th Feb 2016 at 9:13 AM. Reason: Added tag.
@Awkward

If you're using decrapified .packages, you probably have Store_Decrap_Fixes.package somewhere in Mods/Packages or Mods/Overrides. If so, check if it contains a copy of the sculpture's OBJD. Modify that as well if it's present, since it will override the changes you've made to the sculpture's .package.

Also, some categories need a subcategory to be set as well or the item will not appear in the catalogue. I don't recall which ones at the moment, but it would be something along the lines of setting an object as Appliance -> Small Appliance, instead of Appliance alone.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@Awkward

If you're using decrapified .packages, you probably have Store_Decrap_Fixes.package somewhere in Mods/Packages or Mods/Overrides. If so, check if it contains a copy of the sculpture's OBJD. Modify that as well if it's present, since it will override the changes you've made to the sculpture's .package.

Also, some categories need a subcategory to be set as well or the item will not appear in the catalogue. I don't recall which ones at the moment, but it would be something along the lines of setting an object as Appliance -> Small Appliance, instead of Appliance alone.

Thank you for your reply, @Butterbot!

I only have one decrapified .package that I decrapified myself from Store item. I do not have Store_Decrap_Fixes.package anywhere in the aforementioned folders. The categories I have applied to the sculpture I'm trying to recategorize are Dining as room category and MiscDecor as sub-category. Might the reason why the recategorizing isn't working for the sculpture be that I also have the same sculpture installed both crapified and decrapified way? I have the same sculpture installed via the Launcher and one package file.
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 2:13 AM
I would definitely remove one of the sculptures. You only need one, and with both installed, it'd be hard to pinpoint where the problem lies. That's all I can think of for now; sorry I can't be of more help.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th May 2016 at 8:18 AM Last edited by CrazySheep808 : 25th May 2016 at 10:47 AM.
Hi all

Am currently sorting out my catalogue - it's quite a mess. Miscellaneous decor is insanely full. Anyway, I'm putting together a pictorial guide (attached but still a work in progress) to recategorising things but have come across a couple of sticking points. Can someone confirm if my surmises are correct?

a) To appear in the 'fireplace' section of the catalog, a fireplace MUST have a CFIR resource. I was hoping that Awesims' modular fireplace pieces could show up in the y'know, fireplace catalogue, but it doesn't look like that'll be possible. I may have to leave them in columns. I'd be delighted to be wrong. Anyone?

b) In the build flags list, there is a flag called "chimney", I cannot find a corresponding category in the build mode menu. I know that chimneys are placed automatically when you buy a fireplace, and I can get the pieces to show up in Outdoor>Roof Decorations, but the chimney category itself appears not to be a thing. Shame. What is the chimney build flag in the OBJD supposed to do?

EDIT TO ADD c) Walls and floors. Both have a CWAL resource, and to change the category, it looks like you simply need to ensure the Pattern Type is 'floor' or 'wall', then change the Sort Flag to your desired category. However. There are two extra, seemingly redundant, options under Pattern Type' - 'ceiling' and 'floor edge'. Given that 'ceiling' is an option in the Sort Flags, what does this pattern type do? And how about 'floor edge'?

Also anyone know what "is chimney", "is gate" etc in the Object Type Flags is supposed to do?

Cheers!
Sheep
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:46 PM
I see it was asked above, but no one answered. How do I recategorize a non-decrapified piece of store content? Inexplicably, EA categorized the clock from Collectionne Stäncké not only as a clock, but as a gate (???). I want to un-flag its weird gate categorization, but I can't figure out how to clone the object using s3oc. I've seen other people make edits to store content, so there must be a way, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Alchemist
#15 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tamalinn
I see it was asked above, but no one answered. How do I recategorize a non-decrapified piece of store content? Inexplicably, EA categorized the clock from Collectionne Stancke not only as a clock, but as a gate (???). I want to un-flag its weird gate categorization, but I can't figure out how to clone the object using s3oc. I've seen other people make edits to store content, so there must be a way, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Hi! You don't need to clone the object. If your object is in .sims3pack format, run it through S3RC first, then convert it into .package format. Afterwards open it with either S3PE or S3OC (File -> Open Package, or Ctrl+O) and edits its OBJD/flags accordingly.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Hi! You don't need to clone the object. If your object is in .sims3pack format, run it through S3RC first, then convert it into .package format. Afterwards open it with either S3PE or S3OC (File -> Open Package, or Ctrl+O) and edits its OBJD/flags accordingly.

Thank you! I've been having a strange problem with S3PE, though. Grid is always grayed out. It wasn't always. I used to be able to recategorize package files. But one day I went to recategorize something, and Grid was grayed out, and nothing I've done has gotten it to work since. I've tried running S3PE as an administrator. Nothing. I've tried using different versions of S3PE. Nothing. I have no idea what's going on, and it's not a common enough problem that googling it has turned anything up. I'm running Win7 in Bootcamp on a Mac.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 3:18 PM
How to do with objects price that can change due to the quality of the object? (fish and seashells for example)
How to change the price range?