Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 2:58 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 21st Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM.
Default Res Lots: Romantic Residence and Modern Masterpiece
Romantic Residence (was Romantic Residence)
2 x 2 residential lot
§33,985

The last little house on this street is the Romantic Residence. Unfortunately, it's still a terribly ugly house. I didn't want to change the feel of it too much because that was the entire point of the house, but I tried to knock a bit of the fug off it. The bathroom is arrange a little differently, and now we also have a driveway. What it really needs is a sweet old grandma sim to bake cookies in it for her grandkids. If you pick up N464 with the families, I've stuck poor Don Lothario in this house for now. I don't know if it's "him", but he's certainly not a family sim, and there aren't many houses with only one bedroom. Maybe he belongs in Forsthye Place apartments?

Custom Content Included:
Clawfoot Bathtub
Water HeaterCentral Air ConditionerElectrical Boxes

Modern Masterpiece (was Modern Masterpiece)
4 x 3 residential lot (was 4x4)
§83,001

High atop the hill near the bridge stands our last house, Modern Masterpiece. This weird house has been a Base Game bin staple forever. I've used it and remodeled it any number of times (including as a frat house!), but I'm finally happy with this iteration. This modern luxury mountain top house is just perfect for a couple and their house guests. I've carefully reworked all the roofs so the house is Seasons-proof (fingers crossed!) while still maintaining that open airy feeling. The master bedroom upstairs is actually a loft and open to the floor below. It's just all around cool.

Custom Content Included:
Aspire BlindsModern BathtubExpensive TS3 Washer and Dryer and recolors
OFB International Window Extras Ebrasure MidInvisible Driveway

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Phaenoh_RomanticResidence.rar (887.0 KB, 180 downloads)
File Type: rar  Phaenoh_ModernMasterpiece.rar (1.69 MB, 228 downloads)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:55 PM.
Default Res Lots: The Colonial, Federal Fortress, and Visionary Villa
The Colonial (was 105 Sim Lane)
3 x 3 residential lot
§105,419

The Colonial house, sitting where it as always sat. I've added a driveway, a basement, and enlarged the attic space. I've redone the upstairs layout. It has bedrooms for two children, and hobby space in the front. The basement has a guest room and workout space.

Custom Content REQUIRED and NOT Included:
Open Underneath Chic StairsRecolorable Chic Stairs

Custom Content Included:
Stair Wall Cutaway and recolor
Ironing Board, recolor, and TowelsTS3 50's Washer and Dryer

Federal Fortress (was Federal Fortress)
4 x 4 residential lot
§153,952

Coming back down across the street is the Federal Fortress. This is another original bin house, and the only one in my hood who could possibly afford it is a Goth. Cassandra bought it after marrying Darren. They live there with their four kids. Darren is still getting used to high society living, so the attic space is his hide away when things are getting a bit too much for him. I've changed the floor plans of this house significantly, and I've added a basement. The basement access is from the outside, it's like the old storm cellar doors. In the backyard they have a lovely little gazebo and Darren has a large garage to work on their cars. You can place three cars across in front of the garage, but only the one straight in from the driveway will drive out, the other two will teleport.

Custom Content Included:
Lap of Luxury Armchair and LoveseatMaxis Match Upper CabinetsBV Single Bed
Tinkering Battery Recharger, Carjack, Toolsbox, and Welder
TS3 50's Washer and DryerTowels
Stair Wall Cutaway and recolorSeasons Friendly HP's Shrubby Shrubs

Visionary Villa (was Visionary Villa)
4 x 4 residential lot
§131,158

Across the street from Federal Fortress is Visionary Villa! This house has had some work done to it! The upstairs layout has been changed to accommodate a family with three kids. Additionally, a biggered loft has been added and left blank for whatever needs your family might have. More bedrooms, hobby space? Whatever, you've got the space. Outside, a driveway has been added, and their lake has been made swimmable. As a last minute change I added window boxes to the front upstairs windows, and gave the porch an overhang. This house is still really top heavy, but I think it helps.

Custom Content Included:
Llama Clock RecolorBV DeskTS3 50's Washer and Dryer
Simply Elegant Curtains - Ambular ExtrasSimply Elegant Curtains - Ochre
Independent Expressions DoorIndependent Expressions Windows
Black Glass FloorStair Wall Cutaway and recolor

retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 3:00 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 21st Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM.
Default Thank You!!
And that's the entire 'hood! I have a blast redoing all the lots, and even though it did actually take me a few years to complete, I'm very glad I've finished. I can't wait to start playing my Pleasantview again! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Wait, wait WAIT! What about XYZ, my favorite house from Pleasantview/Lot Bin??
Glad you asked. A small number of house I've already redone as part of jones' Hood Makeover contests, and after I plunked those down in Blue Water they just didn't seem to fit here anymore. Additionally, all those terribly beachy houses have been moved to Strangetown's Baskerville Subhood and got their makeover over there. I doubt I'll be uploading those because they are still terrible houses, but now they look a bit more Mediterranean. A few of the bin houses looked specifically like they were meant for Strangetown or Veronaville, so they were not included, and plenty of the bin houses from the EPs and SPs just were fugly and I didn't need them, so I didn't use them. Sporty Shack was one such that was about to be left out until I rearranged the hood a bit more and needed to fill a spot, now I'm glad that I did because I love it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:41 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 20th Jul 2017 at 6:31 PM.
Default Top 10 Renos!
With 52 lots redone, I've got my favorites, and you probably do too. Here's my Top Ten list for best renos of this hood! Do you agree, and which one was your favorite? Did one of your favorites not make my list?

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:00 AM
Wow, so much work put into this and it looks awesome. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#31 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:48 AM
Beautiful! Thanks Phae, I can't wait to play it!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM
I don't have the words to thank you enough for all the work you did on this new, perfect neighborhood. For the first time, I love Pleasantview. I even love the fact that some of the Sims have different clothes. Thank you for all of it, so appreciate it.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM
This was obviously quite a project for you and it looks great.
I wish I knew half of what you know about hood building, templates and all that stuff.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:48 AM
Wow this is amazing! Pleasantview has always been one of my most favourite premade hoods, and I've always wanted it to have all the content of all expansions/stuff packs! Thanks for this :D
Forum Resident
#35 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:57 AM
Just when I was wondering what neighborhood to play next! This looks really nice. I think I'll place the Beginning of... families there and see if I can bring them to the present, regular Pleasantview just never has enough sims for my taste.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:29 AM
This looks amazing, Phae, so much work and so pretty. Congrats on your 10 year anniversary!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:54 AM
Congrats on the anniversary! Fantastic stuff, who'd have thought this hood can be so charming?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:33 AM
What a great work, Phae! Not only did you rebuild the entire town, you also built two versions of it!

And happy 10th anniversary, too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:49 PM
This looks absolutely amazing. Thank you for the taking the time to put so much effort into doing this and sharing it with us. :)
Test Subject
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:58 PM
hi, i just started playing the sims 2 again and yours is the first one I download just want to ask why I can't get the pets do any thing when they at the house you remade have you locked them some how?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:59 PM
Holy Cow!!! I can't even imagine the amount of work you put into this. My absolute favorite is Goth mansion. You brought the 'old lady' to life! This is my last day of vacation before 'back to work' and I will put a dent in this. I hope I am not up until 2:30 AM! Good God!!!
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:05 PM
OH MY GOSH! AMAZING!! Great work! I am going to download this! I kind of wish you could do this hood without any CC? (Both a version with houses only and with the families?) I don't get how to install the 'open underneath stairs' and where the scriptorum folder is on my computer? Is that really required to download the hood? I mean how many lots actually have the open underneath stairs on/in them?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:20 PM
Thank you so much Phaenoh! It's beautiful. <3 You're so talented and the Sims community is so lucky to have your contributions!
Forum Resident
#44 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lionqueen129
OH MY GOSH! AMAZING!! Great work! I am going to download this! I kind of wish you could do this hood without any CC? (Both a version with houses only and with the families?) I don't get how to install the 'open underneath stairs' and where the scriptorum folder is on my computer? Is that really required to download the hood? I mean how many lots actually have the open underneath stairs on/in them?

You can also manually install the modular stairs, you just have to copy the text files that come with each download to the modularstairs.txt file in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. The Scriptorium is a program that automates this for you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:17 PM
AWESOME! Thanx!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#46 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:25 PM
Your renovations are beautiful, and I love the way you decorated the 'hood. Thank you very much.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:24 PM
Wow, just wow. This is amazing work. The details you thought about just blow my mind! Fantastic, and thank you for sharing this labor of love.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:26 AM
Amazing!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 1:10 AM
This is great! I'm glad you're still creating :3
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 2:32 AM
Default Departed Sims
I discovered a hitch while playing. I downloaded the version with the Sims in it. Mortimer Goth (and I'm sure others) has 6 gravestones in his inventory. I wanted to get rid of them so when (& if-I like your idea Phaenoh) Mort dies, that corruption will not occur. I tried taking him to a Community lot (where he met & married Bella), but didn't realize that there are no cemeteries and the inventory isn't accessible when in town. So I downloaded this lot and added it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=235616. It's a nice little cemetery and put it on the road that leads to the 'Hermitage'. Anyhow, when I got him home I took the graves out and tried to have him mourn or send them to the lot I placed. He couldn't interact with them. I saved and exited. When I went back the graves were gone!! So, problem solved and I have a nice lot for the newly dearly departed! I hope this is helpful and if anyone can explain why the graves went poof, it would be great!
Page 2 of 7