Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 3:14 AM
@Mom50409, its possible that I ended up with a double set of graves. Can you confirm that the 'real' graves of the Goths are in the backyard still? If they are, the ones that poof'd were my backup set and the neighborhood is fine (also why you couldn't interact with them). Another way of being sure is to look at the hood in SimPE, and if any of those Goth dead have a blue or red portrait background that's trouble. They *should* be grey.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 4:25 AM
No graves are in the yard of the Goths. I put the ones from Mortimer's inventory there when I found them and then they went 'poof'. There were no graves there already. I don't have Sim PE, but if anyone else has this issue, perhaps they could check to verify.
Also, where is Michael Bachelor's urn? i wouldn't mind resurrecting him.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 4:30 AM
Congrats on your Anni and on completing your fab project. It's beautiful!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#54 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:32 PM
I have no words. For the first time (apart from one session playing with Brandi Broke when the game first came out), I feel like playing Pleasantview!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 5:09 PM
Mom50409, if it isn't in Dina's inventory, then I'd recommend getting an assignable gravestone (as linked in my post) and using that to get a new one for him. You can also do that for Skip Broke.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I'm so glad you love my version of Pleasantview!
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
You can also manually install the modular stairs, you just have to copy the text files that come with each download to the modularstairs.txt file in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. The Scriptorium is a program that automates this for you.

Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:32 PM
Excellent job creating this! I love all the little details you added to make Pleasantview look and feel more realistic.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:39 PM
I saw this and had to have it - I kept restarting Pleasantview to update it but just couldn't. This is exactly what I've wanted! Now I can focus on playing instead of remodeling. Even better, because I was so intent on having this hood as designed, I overcame my fear of SimPE because you mentioned needing the rug fix. I've avoided it because the fix darkens my favorite rug recolors. I'm now editing them according to HL's tutorial. =D Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 1:16 AM
Thanks so much for creating this. I never actually played in Pleasantview but I think now I'll be raising families in this town. Thanks so much for finishing this project, two years is a long time! It looks great and amazing and I can't wait to play in this town for once. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:18 AM
This is amazing. Pleasantview was in dire need of a refresh, and this absolutely hits the nail on the head. Thank you for this upload-- truly amazing.
Scholar
#61 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 11:21 AM
Started playing the Pleasants last night. Just a heads up, they currently have no maid service, so Daniel wasn't caught red handed. I haven't played the Pleasants ever, so I don't know if that is how it was supposed to go on the first day. Lilith did run away from home, though.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:05 PM
Thanks for the report SciBirg, I wasn't sure how much of the predetermined stuff transferred, and I wasn't too hopeful. I know the Goth stuff didn't save over, nor the Caliente's or Lotharios. I figured anything that did come along was a perk.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Started playing the Pleasants last night. Just a heads up, they currently have no maid service, so Daniel wasn't caught red handed. I haven't played the Pleasants ever, so I don't know if that is how it was supposed to go on the first day. Lilith did run away from home, though.

I called services and requested the maid. Kaylynn showed up and on the 3rd day, Mary-Sue got the chance card. However, she was not fired. It took Daniel 3 days to work up the courage, but he finally got his Woo Hoo!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#64 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 1:12 AM
Awesome! I'm a bit confused though, how can I play the 464 version with townies in it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
Well done, and welcome back to one of the 'Masters'!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 7:36 PM
Hi,
I dont know why but the sims 2 ultimate crashed when i install the version with family. I also delete the original Neighbourhoods but crashed again.
Can you help me?
Thanks
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:06 PM
It sounds like maybe some of the required CC isn't playing nice with UC. Try removing all the new CC, and deleting groups.cache, then load the game again. If it doesn't crash, try it again with just the neigbhorhood and no CC. If that works, then keep adding a few things in at a time until you figure out what CC is causing the crash. Also, did you install Scriptorium for the first time with this, and did you install the stairs before you loaded the game?
Forum Resident
#68 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:31 PM
No issues with the CC and UC for me, but I installed the empty version.

By the way, is that one supposed to have 10 character files plus two small files? I checked with SimPE, and aside from Gordon, Kaylynn and Bella there's some other names I don't recognize. Maybe subhood townies?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM
I downloaded the version with families. I am loving this neighborhood! One comment and one issue.

Comment-I did move Don to the apartments that you suggested. The house he is in seems like it would be good for a Granny, maybe the Oldies, but not him.
Issue- One of the last homes you showed- 105 Sim Lane is not in the neighborhood. The original house is there. I was wondering if you could upload that house so we can put it in the neighborhood? Not sure if this has been adjusted in some way and would not work.

Anyhow, overall it it fantastic! I love the detail that you put into each home and have had fun exploring the town!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#70 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:26 PM
Great job but I will not download it because of all the CC's it needs.
I no longer use any but the Sims 2 store items in my game.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
No issues with the CC and UC for me, but I installed the empty version. By the way, is that one supposed to have 10 character files plus two small files? I checked with SimPE, and aside from Gordon, Kaylynn and Bella there's some other names I don't recognize. Maybe subhood townies?
Thanks for checking! Yes, those characters come with the clean template I used. I didn't want to risk trying to delete sims out and chance giving a corrupt hood. They might be the hobby mavens, in which case they will be used rather than generate a second set, or they are some other NPC.

Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
I downloaded the version with families. Issue- One of the last homes you showed- 105 Sim Lane is not in the neighborhood. The original house is there. I was wondering if you could upload that house so we can put it in the neighborhood?
Thanks for letting me know the wrong house got uploaded with the neighborhood, if you download The Colonial all by itself (in the comments), is that the new version?
Space Pony
#72 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:47 AM
Phaenoh , I just wanted to let you know that the Colonial gave me a different issue, I also have UC and all working as it should be, but the house DID show up in populated version, right next to Caliente house, but just an empty spot in the empty version, not the original house, just an empty spot.

Edit: I was looking at the wrong house, sorry. Not the colonial, the one from NL, right next to Caliente house I downloaded 3 times just to make sure it was not just beause of bad internet.

LOve the hood <3 Thank You !

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:26 AM
Ok, so Colonial has issues in the populated version, and City House has issues in unpopulated?

Anyone else having issues? I'd like to fix them all in one go.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 5:26 AM
I downloaded the Colonial and put it in the spot of the other house. It is fine. Thanks for being responsive to problems!! Great hood!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:08 PM Last edited by GlimmerBeast : 29th Jul 2017 at 10:26 PM.
Thank you so much! I made an account just to tell you how stoked I am to play this. This is the most extensive modding I have ever downloaded, I hope I got everything right! I'll also look into the missing house issue and get back to you.

-edit-
The Colonial, City Townhouse, and City House are all your new, beautiful versions. I did NOT install the families.
Page 3 of 7