Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary-

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:47 AM by Phaenoh

168 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 56 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:35 AM
This must have taken you forever! Thanks for all your hard work. I downloaded this neighborhood the other day and am having fun with it.
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:08 PM
Hey! I've been doing some building lately and I thought I'd ask you about the daylit basements in this hood. How did you make them? Even after playing in the hood at length and seeing them all the time, I haven't figured out how you did this and can't find anywhere else where the technique is used or explained. Would it be possible to share how you did it? (If there's an existing tutorial out there that I just haven't found, feel free to just link me .) I appreciate any help you can give.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#153 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 5:30 PM
Although there is quite a bit of CC, I think I'll enjoy settling with the maxis sims in this neighborhood for a while. It's large, has plenty of lots (that I don't have to build! ++) and seems to be clean. Thanks for your hard work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:51 AM
This is so gorgeous and beautiful!
Test Subject
#155 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 3:00 AM
Has anyone tried making this as a subhood? Just wondering
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 10:24 PM
Do the scripted events still work with this version?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 10:47 PM
Now this is Awesome!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 8:51 PM
Looks great! Thank you for taking the time to create this neighbourhood and upload it.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:56 AM
What's wrong with the "architecture or design"? You just sound arrogant and snobby!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:04 PM
Thank you so much for this lot! I have been playing around with it and love all the added detail. You are an excellent creator, and it sure is making quarantine more bearable for me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 12th May 2020 at 9:57 AM
beautiful work. Thanks

for anyone playing the version with playables version in 2020 and having problems with tombstones not showing up:
1: make sure you're not a dumbdumb like me and forgot to rename your N001 in your install file back to normal from N001-BAK from when you set up your clean hoods
2: try reinstalling the neighborhood. I had a problem on my first install where it ate the tombstones while creating the stealth hoods.

Also: there are TWO copies of Skip Broke and Darleen Dreamer in this hood: one skip/darleen who is listed as OK in SimPE and has all their memories (though some of skips are wrong) and can presumably be ressurected, and one skip/darleen who are Unlinked like all the other dead sims. You might want to rename the unlinked versions so you don't mess with/summon/ressurect the wrong one.

also also: the pleasantview boutique will always try to generate three random townies if you visit it in build mode before you go in to live mode. quit without saving to make it not do that. the game will generate them to staff the makeover chairs but you don't want doubles. the lot doesn't have this problem in the empty version, or if you download it and put it in another hood. Very weird.
Test Subject
#162 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 9:01 PM
I love this hood, it really brings new life into the old Pleasantview story and makes me want to play it in a different way! I have been playing around with it for some time now without experiencing more than a few minor issues. But atm the Goth manor has become almost completely unplayable... Can't play it for long before it crashes. I already have the 4gb patch so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue..
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 11:50 PM
Default Missing Gravestones
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Another way of being sure is to look at the hood in SimPE, and if any of those Goth dead have a blue or red portrait background that's trouble. They *should* be grey.

The graves in my game have disappeared. I opened SimPE and most are red and blue. How do I fix this or do I have to redownload?
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:44 PM
thankyou! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 5:10 PM Last edited by PrincessZeda : 3rd Apr 2022 at 6:49 PM.
Some families are missing from the Sim Bin (Newson, Gavigan, Goodie, McGreggor, Picaso, Cooke). I'm trying to make an Uberhood with all EP hoods as subhoods. I guess I can't do that with this hood unfortunately.
Test Subject
#166 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessZeda
Some families are missing from the Sim Bin (Newson, Gavigan, Goodie, McGreggor, Picaso, Cooke). I'm trying to make an Uberhood with all EP hoods as subhoods. I guess I can't do that with this hood unfortunately.

You can add them with meetmetotheriver's templates, there are subhoods with the families alone and you can delete the subhood afterwards.
Test Subject
#167 Old 21st Dec 2022 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessZeda

This is because of the issue reported at the end of post #134, the stealth hoods are not connecting to this hood properly. Those bin sims are from the stealth hoods (secret subhoods) of various EPs rather than from Pleasantview itself. I'm not sure if Phaenoh had empty stealth hoods when this one was created, if so the hood won't be able to pick up your stealth hoods from your game files to add them as they are already there, or what else the problem could be. Adding the families from Tarlia's (MeetMe's) tumblr as suggested above is a way around it.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 11th May 2023 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
The Chinese place is a real sit down restaurant, or you can order from the rice bar. The pizza place serves pizza by the slice.

This lot works well enough on its own, especially if you like free pizza! As an owned lot, you'll have the ability to actually charge for your pizzas rather than just giving them away.

I've had this since release and have yet to figure out how to get and place Chinese and pizza like this. Did you use a mod or is it in debug? Please tell me how you've done the magic thing. 😭 I beg. 🙏🏾
Test Subject
#169 Old 29th May 2023 at 4:57 AM
Have y'all been able to get the Goth house working? No matter what I've done, the game crashes instantly when I try to load onto the lot.
Page 7 of 7