Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Issue with color banding. Anyone else affected by it? Solutions?
For the last several months I've been trying to discern what seemed off about my game, and I think this is it. I know the game has always had problems with colors flowing smoothly into each other, but I don't ever remember it being this bad.

For those unsure of what I'm referring to, color banding is when colors in-game don't flow smoothly into each other. Think like how gradients and such are handled. With color banding, there is some pretty bad artifacting and you would be seeing individual "stripes" of color rather than a single continuous one. It gets worse when a room object is in shade/complete darkness.

I've noticed though that not everything is affected. Solid colors and gradients, so mostly things like wallpaper and objects with very smooth textures, are affected by this. If anyone knows of a way to fix this I'd love to know, because I'm sure my game didn't look like that at one point.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:20 AM
So, somehow, while trying to figure this out this afternoon, apparently the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure exactly what happened, or I'd post the solution for anyone else affected. Just made sure I was up to date on my graphics drivers (I was) and checked my monitor calibration settings, nothing out of the ordinary.

Fired up the game, and suddenly it works fine. I dunno what happened there, my game has looked like this since at least November after years of looking just fine. Maybe something got reset lol? Well, at least it's fixed now.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.